Did PhotoBucket effect your posting of pictures.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, but you can download some of the pics from other people's accounts now, which was impossible since PB made this change.

Thanks for letting us know about that add-on! I just downloaded it and it works just fine. I'm done using PB for myself, but at least now I can look at older threads here without all of those bloody "Please upgrade your account to enable third party hosting" messages. :)

Meanwhile at Photobucket HQ:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Used to be the only site I would use. Now I use Imgur. And yes, I think Photobucket will fade into obscurity now as there are simply too many other free options to pay. And those who are really serious about having a free image hosing account, like photographers like myself, wind up using sites like Flickr or 500px. Bye bye Photobucket!

For the disappointed Photobucket users which had their images missing "thanks" to their new policy change, there seems to be a solution in the form of an add-on for Mozilla and Chrome which makes the Photobucket photos visible again:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=userprofile

LOL, this just makes it all the more laughable. People at photobucket really have to be second guessing themselves right now!

photobucket have been sending daily emails trying to get me to "upgrade". They sent this one today:

photobucket said:
We are overwhelmed by your support!
(and so was our site)
We had so much traffic this weekend that it took us to the limit. Our tech team has been working around the clock, and NOW every element on our site is stronger and ready for our growing service and soon-to-be released new platform.
Thank you for your loyalty as we grow and improve Photobucket. We’re sorry for the inconvenience – please accept our code good for $15 off your order.

:lol

Back