10 Things Not to Buy in 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally disagree with this, my data is safer with me. I'll possible buy a few terabytes to back up the existing terabytes :lol

^^this is true. With privacy and security issues on the net I prefer to have everything within my house under my control... besides I really don't want people to know how large my "video" collection is.

This is typical of "Bought and paid for" type stories. Integrity has become a antiquated concept.

Only an idiot would rely solely on a cellular type system. Remember NYC 2003? Everyone was walking around with useless cell phones.

Anywhere that power goes out, cell towers go down. I was in a town where this happened frequently. It has one tower. I was one of a handful of people who had a working phone when this happened.

CDs, DVD, BluRay? Yeah, rent everything and own nothing.

Next they will want you to rent your figure collections!

Brilliant! :lol

They use lenticular silver screens for RealD 3D theaters "to maintain the light polarization upon reflection and to reduce reflection loss to counter the inherent losses by the polarization filters."

Dolby 3D theaters use a standard white screen.

IMAX 3D uses yet another screen type.

Each of these approaches requires a unique combination of screen, projector and glasses. The fact that there are competing 3D projection formats in theaters makes me expect the same competition will exist in the home theater arena--and home 3D is going to use active shutter glasses anyway, rather than the polarized lenses from the theater.

We are a LONG way away from owning one custom pair of personal 3D glasses that work in every home and theater you visit.

The home 3D display that requires no glasses was introduced in 2009 at CES without much fanfare. It is old technology now.

Back