Neo from Matrix . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this looks very nice, the latest revisions with the painted sculpt look really good

when i looked at the beginning of the thread i only saw Nicholas Cage, got to halfwya through and someone else thought the same

but now, with the latest pic, that's Neo and it's realy nice

i'm tempted...

Hey everyone,
quick update,
as you all can tell by now, the release of this figure will be delayed
due to the fact that we are still working on this project.

Just in case some of you have not been able to follow every page in this thread,
here are the latest pictures of the head and outfit:
color1.jpg

::::Modified by Sean Ho
** (chin lengthened, skin texture more subtle, hairline centered,
both neck and without neck versions made ,
eyes glossier, eyebrows thinned)

head1.jpg

head2.jpg

The head is very close to being finalized now,
Sean just sent me the final modification pics.
For those who didn't know, he has spent a lot of time modifying my sculpt to make it look better.
I tell this to a lot of people who ask about my sculpting:
Likeness sculpting is not really about the skills one has with their hands and tools,
but it's actually more about the EYE and how well the sculptor can identify the features
on their subject's face and compare it with their actual sculpture. I believe Sean Ho has
an incredibly gifted artist eye and he was able to spot what parts of my sculpt need modification
and modify them --without having to redo the entire sculpt. Thanks again Sean :)

Pictures of the Outfit prototype by Kato.E
outfit1.jpg

outfit2.jpg

Right now the accessories are being made
another obstacle I've run into is getting the Hot Toys TrueType Advanced Caucasian bodies...
Kato.E ONLY tailors for these bodies at the moment.
I am hoping that Hot Toys comes out with an updated Adv. TT body very soon so that the US venders will carries them asap.
I am bringing this up again (hehe) just in case someone has an idea/suggestion regarding this problem.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update :rock

Hope you take all the time in the world, it will be well worth the wait for the rest of us :D

Wow Daniel Wow! I have been sitting on the fence for a while on this but am now completely sold. Please put me on the list! Fantastic work.

Glad i'm on ther list for this too, the head is perfect, the whole project is perfect!

impressive... but most impressive is still the neo coat. very beautiful!

That's why I'm jumping on this. Kato's work is superior, and can't be matched. If this character ever get released by a HT or Blitzway et., it would probably be the lobby scene one, so if that ever comes out, I'll still have this masterful look.

That's why I'm jumping on this. Kato's work is superior, and can't be matched. If this character ever get released by a HT or Blitzway et., it would probably be the lobby scene one, so if that ever comes out, I'll still have this masterful look.

you won't regret buying this mate, katos quality is unreachable. I'm a very very proud owner of some of his work and those pieces are the center of my collection. Not only the look is perfect, but also the quality and materials. They really hang down like real 1:1 clothes and are so so so smooth.

And even if Hot Toys or any other company decides to makes a reloaded Neo, there is NO WAY they can even be near Katos perfection clothes.
Just look at the Joker outfit, ..., when you see the Hot Toys outfit and Katos one, and compare them, you really think that Hot Toys haven't made anything right with the clothes :p Quality, colors, fitting, everything is so much better.

Too bad i couldn't afford the Joker clothes, that's why I'm lurking here around and looking at those pictures from others who have bought them and can't believe my eyes how beautiful every single piece looks.

Hopefully Kato never stops making those beautiful clothes, so I remain always impressed and speechless when I see new pictures. He and his work are truly a gift for this community!

I've been wanting to do a figure of my pretend boyfriend for a while now and this is just absolutely amazing! Can I still get in on the complete figure?

Glad many of you like the project so far :)

Jeff and Calcifer, added you both to the list (on first page)
J-Doll, yes I can still add you the Interest List!

Calcifer, the figure was originally scheduled to be released in June but we had to make some edits to the head sculpt and so there's been a few delays. Also I'm still trying to find a US vendor that still sells Hot Toys TT Adv. Caucasian bodies at a reasonable price...
I think the figure will probably ship out at the end of the summer or beginning of Fall.

You would obviously have to run this by your buyers, but the African American TT Advanced still seem to be in good supply. It's not like anyone would ever see the body anyhow...Then it's just an issue of supplying the hands! I don't think you can wait for HT to announce another Advanced body if you want to get this out anytime soon :(

It's not a bad idea that. I was thinking it, too! No one will see it as you say. I needed an advanced body for a recent project and when I was looking the african american version was definitely more available than the caucasian version.

Also I don't know if this will help but the recent Ghost Rider figure was on an advanced so you may be able to score some with parted out figures on e-bay!

Thinking about it if the clothes don't look out of place on a narrow I would be fine with the figure coming with that instead. But I can see why Kato only tailors to an advanced it's the best nude body i've seen.!

Back