Neill Blomkamp's Elysium

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the fact that Neill Blomkamp had Ryan Amon compose much of the Elysium music before seeing the film is the most surprising thing about this.

New Elysium trailer will be online later this week. Contemplating whether I should watch it.

I keep seeing this trailer with Star Trek (I've seen Trek more than once), but I can't say I have any interest whatsoever. I think "meh" really sums up how it looks to me.

Just a TV spot for today. The new two and a half minute trailer is yet to get released.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24uNwZSv0I0]Elysium - TV Spot #1 (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder on what base you think i'm not right? Your love for the movie/director?
Me its on what i saw when another director/producer had to take charges after seeing that the dailies from 3 weeks into the shooting were a mess.
:)

Blomkamp has a great eye and a good taste in prod design but he's very immature.
D9 was not supposed to have humor or satire in it originally, not the fake documentary approach wich came later to salvage what was shot. Guess who was close to the production, has this kind or weird humor and shot one of the best fake documentary ever?

I like D9 a lot.
Its a great movie from the mind of several gifted peoples.
Can't wait to see what Blomkamp can do on its own.

Its a real movie but not really/completely Blomkamp's.
Are you saying that cause of Peter Jackson's involvement?

District 9 was backed by producer Peter Jackson and his added name helped during its marketing, but it was Blomkamp's vision and film through and through.

I wonder on what base you think i'm not right? Your love for the movie/director? Me its on what i saw when another director/producer had to take charges after seeing that the dailies from 3 weeks into the shooting were a mess.
Can you please back this up with more details. Never read this anywhere.

Are you saying that cause of Peter Jackson's involvement?

District 9 was backed by producer Peter Jackson and his added name helped during its marketing, but it was Blomkamp's vision and film through and through.

Can you please back this up with more details. Never read this anywhere.

Do you think this is the kind of thing studios brag about when the movie is released?
Feel free to believe or not :)
I'm just sayin'

I wonder on what base you think i'm not right? Your love for the movie/director? Me its on what i saw when another director/producer had to take charges after seeing that the dailies from 3 weeks into the shooting were a mess.

Yeah. You're completely wrong. Do you know who came up with the story?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3y0QlLjJE[/ame]

Huh. That looks familiar....is that Sharlto Coplay at 3:23? And who directed that? Neil Blomkamp? Oh. I see.

And who wrote District 9? Neil Blomkamp. It was HIS movie. The reason him and Jackson made the thing was after they got screwed over for the Halo movie. They got some money together, and made that film.

D9 was not supposed to have humor or satire in it originally, not the fake documentary approach wich came later to salvage what was shot. Guess who was close to the production, has this kind or weird humor and shot one of the best fake documentary ever?
Hmmm.. it was not really satire, but more like social commentary and that documentary style was something that was planned from the get go based on his prior short films.

But you obliviously have insider information that I wasn't aware of, so I am going back to the fact that you like District 9 and we are all looking forward to Elysium.

Has this guy ever seen ANY of this short films? 90% of them are shot in a mockumentary style. That's his staple. Even the short film THAT I POSTED is in that style.

He doesn't know anything. He knows as much as anyone else does here. Except without any of the cold hard facts.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi_31b0DHHg[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DYJfa3wNX0[/ame]

Hmmm.. it was not really satire, but more like social commentary and that documentary style was something that was planned from the get go based on his prior short films.

But you obliviously have insider information that I wasn't aware of, so I am going back to the fact that you like District 9 and we are all looking forward to Elysium.

As if i had anything more to do than piss on gifted young filmmakers lol
Its not because someone does not fully embrace a director that he's a hater.
If i tought that Neil was a hack i would have put it that way, without precautions.
The guy is gifted but still messy, his got ideas but is still young and is more interested by cool stuff looking cool and making boom than characterization and solid script writing.
But he'll come around.

And Grow up Celtic.
From what i saw in various movie thread you have a habit to antagonize anyone that don't think like you lol
I don't have time for this :)
But i must say that like a real avid fan(atic)boy you know everything that is online about Neil.
I admire that kind of dedication from Fan(atic)boys.

DAMBUSTER heard of it?
Get some infos about it mate.
You'll learn a thing or two.

Batty is dead.

Last edited:
Back