Neill Blomkamp's Elysium

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is looking so awesome !! really excited about that one

Well, a typical trailer - primitive plot around which you can promote designer's stuff and lots of action.
So there is no point to jump to conclusions now, must see the movie and judge the quality of the script.

Also I've rewatched 'District 9' and my opinion about it has not changed.
There were some interesting ideas and cool things but it's just not my kind of movie.

Anyway wanna see it at the cinema just coz exoskeletoned Matt Damon kicks ***! :rock

I agree dont see what the hype is about distract was ok this new trailer is overhyped.

:rock

elysium-sharlto-copley1_zps44a6f0e9.jpg

elysium-sharlto-copley-1_zpsbbb8ceef.jpg

I'm sensing avatar sindrome here. A film whose trailers just don't do it justice and years of hype ended up going, that's it? I have no doubt the film will be great but that trailer was lacking, looked cool but I'm betting the movie will be way better.

Soooo...future movie where America is in space and called "Elysium" and crossing the border consists of a rocket into space. :lol

Avatar movie was better than the trailer?

What i meant was the hype leading up to the trailer. Both had a lot of buzz but neither trailer seemed to show case the film that well. Regardless of what some might think of avatar there's a reason why it made two billion dollars. Any ways i think the movie will be a lot better than what the trailer showed.

Christian Pearce designed all of the droids, as well as a few spaceships and a gold-plated pistol that will appear in the film. He also designed a futuristic sub-machine gun.

Aaron Beck designed both HULC suits for Matt Damon and Sharlto Copley's characters. He also designed the modded AK-47, as well as the Chemrail.

TyRuben Ellingson designed the Raven (the camouflage colored aircraft that appears in the trailer).

And Leri Greer also contributed to the film. I think he did a lot of the graffiti and tattoo designs, but I'm not 100% sure.

And what's even cooler is, Neill Blomkamp originally designed the futuristic Bugatti by himself--but when he contacted the company to use their brand in the film, they offered to help design it by having Blomkamp work directly with the designers of the Veyron. Cool stuff.

If there's one thing the teaser established very well; it's how terrific and expansive a 'world builder' Neill Blomkamp is. Just in terms of the visuals and art design alone, he's certainly worthy of being compared to the James Camerons and George Lucases of the world.

Oh, and even if you guys don't like sports, you might want to tune into the NBA Finals tonight. They aired the first TV spot for 'Elysium' during game one and it contained a couple shots of new footage, including a shot of some of those red Homeland security droids being dropped off from a ship.

I didn't think much of the trailer to be honest. I thought it was very "meh" even though I hate using that term. Just didn't look very interesting to me. Too close to District 9 visually and the story seemed a bit forced (another social Sc-fi analogy). But I will still take a trip to see it when it's released as I thought D9 was great.

Back