Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Hot Toys needs to post their "COMING SOON" poster up now and continue to have it up five years after movie has been released!!

I really like the idea of Ripley and Hicks fighting their way to the head of the corporate snake. Ripley can still do battle with the Queen while Hicks has some dirty knife fight with the head honcho's super bodyguards. Probably setting myself up for disappointment (especially if Fox wants to milk 10 new films from this instead of one epic movie) but such is life.

I really like the idea of Ripley and Hicks fighting their way to the head of the corporate snake. Ripley can still do battle with the Queen while Hicks has some dirty knife fight with the head honcho's super bodyguards. Probably setting myself up for disappointment (especially if Fox wants to milk 10 new films from this instead of one epic movie) but such is life.

28Neo3B.jpg

She looks a hell of a lot better than Carrie Fisher. And he still looks trim enough to be military.

I love Sigourney. I really do, Biehn is great as well. But there is no way they can be the characters in Blomkamp's "concept" art.

Haven't you seen Birdman? 60 is the new 30 mother******.

Not being ageist either, add Keaton to my list of heroes, and Bill Murray.. and.. :lol
I just have a problem if they try to recreate rather than create a new storyline.
I'm still not sure how I will respond to an old Carrie Fisher in TFA later in the year. If it feels natural, great, if it feels like they/she are doing it for the $ and it's forced it will be very damaging to Star Wars. Same here?

Sigourney looks great in Chappie. 60? More like 40.

And both characters look 40 on those concept arts.

Sigourney looks great in Chappie. 60s? More like 40s.

Missing the point, missing the point. She does look great but she doesn't look 30. Are they gonna pretend everything after Aliens didn't happen?

Are they jumping forward in time 30 years? (only logical move) I don't know how they can logically do this, even by illogical sci-fi standards?
How is it gonna feel natural? I reckon those concepts are a load of horse manure just to round up some attention. Sure they will get weaver back in the mix. The rest of it, forget it.

Lots of great discussion here folks. :duff

I don't know how I feel about all this to be honest. Blomkamp's proven that he's got the skills to do something like this justice, but in a possible case of life imitating art - will NB (to use Khev's great story suggestion) be working his way up the corporate snake himself, fighting to make the kind of film the fans want? Or will this be another cash in exercise for the studio robots, like a-dev's suggested?

Crazy stuff. I think Rory's cynicism isn't completely unfounded.. & that realization saddens me a bit. Sigourney could almost co direct this you know. Why the **** not - she knows what a film like this needs.

Missing the point, missing the point.

You've also missed my point about the franchise being a mess long before A3. :lol

I really don't care about ALIENS and same goes to this.
It should be just a well made and entertaining action thriller with lots of stuff fans would love to see again.

You've also missed my point about the franchise being a mess long before A3. :lol

It should be just a well made and entertaining action thriller with lots of stuff fans would love to see again.

I love Aliens a lot, but I do see your point on how you would dislike it. It's not nearly as compelling as the original was, and they turned the Xeno race into bugs.

How about their cryo sleep chambers were on the fritz and they aged while they slept for 30 years.

And Newt dies.

How about their cryo sleep chambers were on the fritz and they aged while they slept for 30 years.

And Newt dies.

Still negates Alien 3 & 4? Both would have huge beards as well when they woke up.

Nah man, Aliens was/is a classic. It absolutely isn't as good a movie as Alien. But it took an amazingly serious and impressive film and turned it into a brilliant, but completely different theme-park ride of a movie. It cheapened it for sure, but in it's own right Aliens was fantastic. That was some achievement for a sequel.

I think Weaver looks fine, it's Biehn that just looks really aged now. Besides, he isn't even a big name actor. I can see why they brought back Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Arnold Schwarzenegger to their respective roles, they are still very well known (even Carrie considering her parentage). Biehn is no where near as known, however Weaver is and I could see them having her involved in some way.

Though is Weaver really going to want to do another Alien film? If she is, they have to give her a realistic storyline. I mean is she going to be running around shooting Aliens, or will she be the older, mother figure that watches some younger ones take over, whilst she follows?

It seems funny that Hollywood has gone against remakes right now and has gone with continuations. I mean I really never thought they would continue Star Wars considering it was just such a long time later, but here we are.

Anyway, I don't really see them having Ripley and Hicks back, but who knows these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still negates Alien 3 & 4? Both would have huge beards as well when they woke up.

People shouldn't be so hung up on Alien 3 and 4 continuity. I like 3, it's grown on me, but I wouldn't mind an alternate universe where 3 just never happened (especially if they bring Biehn back and he's good). Alien 3 traumatized me when I was younger with the Hicks and Newt corpses and that depressing, morbid world. I wouldn't mind that being "retconned" considering Alien 3 as a film still exists.

Alien Resurrection? I don't think anyone cares about that.

As for the beards, yeah, sure.

Back