Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that only "worked" because it was a complete reinterpretation of the movies, new actors yada yada. And come on! Alien 3 & 4 may not be fantastic movies, but putting them in the same boat as Superman 3 & 4 isn't really fair? :lol I doubt anyone on the planet minded pretending those pieces of **** didn't exist. :lol

Blomkamp: "I want to make a proper continuation of ALIENS."

Fox: "Retcon Alien 3 and 4? But that will upset like six fans."

Apone.jpg

Fox: "Sorry, couldn't resist, yes OF COURSE you've got the greenlight."

I like Rorywan's suggestion of making this an Aliens/Terminator cross-over, with Biehn (playing 2 roles???), Arnie, and Weaver all on board. If they're really just motivated by the nostalgia factor and noisy geeks, then you can't beat that.

I like Rorywan's suggestion of making this an Aliens/Terminator cross-over, with Biehn (playing 2 roles???), Arnie, and Weaver all on board. If they're really just motivated by the nostalgia factor and noisy geeks, then you can't beat that.

That sounds great. Best movie news I have heard in a while.

Killing two beloved characters off screen wonn't make a movie more realistic

It fit the tone of the story IMO. A tale that dark, centered around a corporation that ruthless, couldn't possibly have ended without all of the main characters dead. What makes A3 satisfying for me is that unlike the other victims, Ripley -- who would've died like them -- ended up dying on her own terms, simultaneously taking out the last of the alien species and denying the Company what they've been after for the last century. She took a gruesome, unavoidable fate that we've been familiar with since the first film and used it to give Weyland-Yutani and the entire xenomorph species the finger.

...which is why I'm not that big on Resurrection. Don't have a problem accepting A3 as canon, but A4? It's not only unnecessary after the absolute closure we got in the previous film, but it also takes a dump all over Ripley's actions by bringing her (and the creatures) back.

I'm game to bring Hicks back, though. Not sure what I'll consider canon and what I won't, but I'm happy as long as we get another good Alien film. Been a while.

On its own alien 3 is a beautiful balsy movie.
Fincher s work is solid even if it has been butchered.
Basically alien fans hâte it because it took a huge dump on their beloved characters, killing them ruthlessly.
Me Im still impressed that it happened, the Newt autopsy was gut wrenching...
It went back to the roots of the franchise, showing a cruel, realistic scifi world.
A4 is a steaming pile a **** that was done in hope of pleasing the fans... Looks like they are doing it again...
To think that once Scott and Cameron offered Fox to do an Alien 5...

Elliot Goldenthal opening tittle sequence is pretty cool.
The trumpets and choirs with the crashing.
The movie look so cool, the sets, the prisoners cast, the photography.
I CAN Only imagine how one CAN be bummed after the exhilarating ride Aliens was, but What a movie!
Really a great new chapter, take on the universe.

I love Aliens and Cameron did an awesome job with that but in fact Alien 3 is a better movie than Aliens in terms of it's sub text! The first draft which the events took place was a wooden planet like gothic/dark ages always fascinates me! The religion aspect, no high-tech weapons and a dragon ideas are brilliant. I always think part 3 was a successful movie which could end the franchise in a right way...

It fit the tone of the story IMO. A tale that dark, centered around a corporation that ruthless, couldn't possibly have ended without all of the main characters dead. What makes A3 satisfying for me is that unlike the other victims, Ripley -- who would've died like them -- ended up dying on her own terms, simultaneously taking out the last of the alien species and denying the Company what they've been after for the last century. She took a gruesome, unavoidable fate that we've been familiar with since the first film and used it to give Weyland-Yutani and the entire xenomorph species the finger.

...which is why I'm not that big on Resurrection. Don't have a problem accepting A3 as canon, but A4? It's not only unnecessary after the absolute closure we got in the previous film, but it also takes a dump all over Ripley's actions by bringing her (and the creatures) back.

I'm game to bring Hicks back, though. Not sure what I'll consider canon and what I won't, but I'm happy as long as we get another good Alien film. Been a while.

I like Alien 3 as a stand alone movie, I don't think it works well as a sequel to Aliens imo. But I like the dark style, the Alien variant (which is my favourite) and the soundtrack. The absolute closure of Alien 3 is the biggest problem...

I really dislike Alien 4, not even Ron Perlman can save it

Back