Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omfg... Dont know how, but please bring this guy back!

hicks.jpg

His burns shouldn't look that bad. I always notice the inconsistency with him getting burned in the film. He doesn't get hit in the face with the blood and only on his arm and chest armor, then all of a sudden his head in bandages.

Is this not all just fanboy **** though? Everyone wanted hicks back after Aliens, seems like a check list of things that fans wanted instead of Alien3 & 4 & the rest.
That ship has sailed, hasn't it. Michael Bien is an old dude now. So is Sigourney :).

I would love to see her back, but they cannot pretend that it's a follow up to Aliens. Please no more cloning and don't even think about time travel.

And that Alien hat in the "concept" art is ****ing stupid.

Well played by Blomkamp and his people though, this was obviously the point of generating the art. Get the Aliens fanboys into a frenzy with something they always wanted but never got, and never will. Now what will get me the most media attention for a new Aliens move...hmm... bring back Hicks!

eeeuugghh....

Prometheus was better than Elysium, by a long shot.

And I think Prometheus was a right old mess.

Well I didn't like Elysium either and I don't even know if Neil is the right choice as a director but I agree with blade for stating that he thought Ridley

isnt the ideal choice for the alien sequel.

At this point I don't know who is the "right" director for the alien franchise but I'm just happy that someone with a descent background is finally

making an alien franchise. :p

Watch them.

I know..i know... :lol

Biehn is nearly 60 years of age now.
Weaver is 65.

I love them both dearly but what the hell kind of dumb ass plot line could bring them back? Parallel universe or some ****. Yuk.

Last edited:
I love them both dearly but what the hell kind of dumb ass plot line could bring them back? Parallel universe or some ****. Yuk.

I'm not sure why you're making it so complicated. It won't be different than any other reboot. They're just rebooting the third film instead of the first.

Sulaco goes back to earth, Hicks becomes a one eyed drill sergeant, Ripley becomes some ship captain or raises Newt or whatever, the company picks up the Queen amd develops an army in secret for 30 years, things eventually get out of hand causing Ripley and Hicks to seek each other out. Use your imagination.

It'd actually be cool if they secretly signed on Biehn and then had him appear halfway through the film as a surprise.

I'm not sure why you're making it so complicated. It won't be different than any other reboot. They're just rebooting the third film instead of the first.

Sulaco goes back to earth, Hicks becomes a one eyed drill sergeant, Ripley becomes some ship captain or raises Newt or whatever, the company picks up the Queen amd develops an army in secret for 30 years, things eventually get out of hand causing Ripley and Hicks to seek each other out. Use your imagination.

It'd actually be cool if they secretly signed on Biehn and then had him appear halfway through the film as a surprise.

Perfect. Then they break into the top secret facility to destroy the place the aliens are being created (notice the TNT strapped to Ripley's torso). Then they go and have a big party and Ripley shows off her new alien hat.

...oh yawn.. I hate that you are probably right.

Then they go and have a big party and Ripley shows off her new alien hat.

There you go. :lol (cue "deck of cards" quote)

I don't even mind if Blomkamp does get into D9 territory by having them storm the compound, blowing away xenomorphs and company marines alike. Just no more slums.

Don't give us some stupid ass "all your questions will be answered" BS film. Just give me the Winter Soldier in space. Weyland Pierce and the evil company are secretly breeding Aliens, Captain Hicks and Widow Ripley have to take the whole thing down. Two hours of mayhem and carnage ensue. Actually that WOULD be new for this series, the collapse of "the Company."

Hmm, I wonder if I just guessed the entire plot. :lol

There you go, in a few minutes you made a much better movie than Alien 3 or 4 :lol

There you go. :lol (cue "deck of cards" quote)

I don't even mind if Blomkamp does get into D9 territory by having them storm the compound, blowing away xenomorphs and company marines alike. Just no more slums.

Don't give us some stupid ass "all your questions will be answered" BS film. Just give me the Winter Soldier in space. Weyland Pierce and the evil company are secretly breeding Aliens, Captain Hicks and Widow Ripley have to take the whole thing down. Two hours of mayhem and carnage ensue. Actually that WOULD be new for this series, the collapse of "the Company."

Hmm, I wonder if I just guessed the entire plot. :lol

Probably :lol that sounds like a perfect sequel to Aliens

ALIENS was already a bastardization of O'Bannon's and Giger's concepts.
*not as much as Scott''s Pukefestometheus tho*

So there's only two ways to approach this:
1) do proper ALIEN sequel;
2) do ALIENS sequel with everything its fans desire;
3) adapt retarded comic books.

ALIENS was already a bastardization of O'Bannon's and Giger's concepts.

So there's only two ways to approach this:
1) do proper ALIEN sequel;
2) do ALIENS sequel with everything its fans desire;

3) adapt retarded comic books.

lxXTqME.gif

All right then. Give me a solid trailer showing Ripley and Hicks back in a Cameron-esque world and this might be my most anticipated sequel...ever.

And for those who think that the xenomorphs have been overplayed and aren't scary anymore, let me remind you of 2002's 28 Days Later and 2004's Dawn of the Dead. We'd seen zombies in everything from classic horror films to straight-up comedies, and yet those two movies filmed them in such a way that they became scary as hell again. I want Ripley, Hicks, and true xenomorphs. Blomkamp can do it. Here's hoping that they do indeed sign on and he doesn't drop the ball.
I don't know that a Blomkamp movie would be "Cameronesque" in any substantial way. Blomkamp's style is very much its own thing. And of course, a horror/action movie still could be effective and relevant, but that usually requires a combination of effective creature designs (which any Alien film should be able to achieve), story, acting, and ultimately, mood. Mood is key. If the mood is off because any given factor doesn't effectively contribute to it, then it's not going to work.

Is this not all just fanboy **** though? Everyone wanted hicks back after Aliens, seems like a check list of things that fans wanted instead of Alien3 & 4 & the rest.
That ship has sailed, hasn't it. Michael Bien is an old dude now. So is Sigourney :).
I think you make a good point, and I think a lot of the interest here is more nostalgia around the idea of re-introducing older, beloved concepts (which is the motivating force behind a good chunk of film releases nowadays, as I'm sure you know) than the idea of getting a bold, and somewhat fresh creative mind behind the wheel of an Alien film. While I would love to see Biehn and Weaver brought back in a cool way that worked, I am personally more interested in an Alien film that is good first and foremost, and put the nostalgic stuff second. I love Alien and Aliens, and part of that love is due to those characters, but there are other aspects to those films that are compelling. And if Blomkamp can't effectively build on those in a novel and interesting way, then I don't think I'll be very interested. A superficial and derivative Aliens 2 isn't going to work for me. But I don't think Blomkamp would do that.

Back