Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. I hadn't given any thought to how there would be more Aliens.

There is also the image with the derelict SpaceJockey ship - was that thing out of range of the thermo-nuclear explosion in Aliens?

Someone else said ''Cameron is probably busy working on the trillion Avatar sequels'' - which is true but also makes ye think.....damn. Cameron could have done this. He would certainly have had the clout to convince Fox to let him overwrite Alien 3 and 4, if he had only been so inclined.

He was so pissed off at Alien 3 for ruining his 'family' - he could have fixed it himself.

Someone else said ''Cameron is probably busy working on the trillion Avatar sequels'' - which is true but also makes ye think.....damn. Cameron could have done this.

Yeah but I'm kind of glad we don't have an Alien movie with Newt befriending an alien and planting trees or whatever.

But you're right, for all of his whining you know they would have let him fix it himself.

So waking up and sitting in the bus to THIS news is a damn good start for day!!!
:yess:
From those concepts I very well also hope that Biehn is returning also, but who am I telling this?
But still don´t know what to think of this whole 'retconning' thing, about Alien 3 never happened-plans at FOX and 5 would play directly after Aliens.
Let´s see, but Blomkamp can´t do much wrong.
Loved District 9 and Elysium.

He should let Ridley handle the Alien universe.

1. Ridley's not handling the Alien in his universe.
2. Ridley doesn't even seem to know where his universe will go, having only a vague, general idea and letting the writers do the other 96% of the work.

Disappointing news all around... Was hoping he'd follow Chappie with Disrtict 10 finally.

He should let Ridley handle the Alien universe.

There hasn't been a good Alien movie since Aliens...IMO.

i waited for the longest and i hoped and wished for district 10 but when i saw Elysium and i realized he rather do crap like that instead of the sequel i finally gave up. (seeing the trailer for chappie just killed any interest i had for district 10 at all, i really dont give a s now)

this is good news to me. i would love to see another aliens

So..... no more Prometheus and no more Noomi Rapace?

APslfEO.gif

you cant get rid of rapeface that easily. lolz

Believe me when I tell you all that I love Blomkamp. D9's a Masterpiece. Elysium? Not so much. Although it had moments. Chappie looks interesting enough. What makes NB an interesting filmmaker is that he always brings something new to the sandbox. Aside from the social commentary, his vision is always incredible. I seriously doubt he can bring anything new to the Alien-verse, if you will. I say keep letting Ridley do as many "prequels" as he wants and let NB gives us D10 or something new and original. Alien & Aliens were great films, but that's it. Let's move past this and stop rebooting everything!

as much as Elysium sucked, visually the movie was pretty amazing, specially the use of weapons and technology,
If there is one thing he does really great, is the use of tech in his movies. I might be the best person to make an alien movie because of that reason

That concept art was not good IMO. Hated some of it. Too fan boyish. D9 was good, Elysium was poor, Chappie will bomb.

So as much as i want a new Alien movie, not sure what i think of this.

1. Ridley's not handling the Alien in his universe.
2. Ridley doesn't even seem to know where his universe will go, having only a vague, general idea and letting the writers do the other 96% of the work.

I agree. His movies are average at best these days. (including Prometheus)

Back