Action Figure NECA's Mego Styled Horror Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not enough fans... And maybe a licensing issue. I wonder.

Leprechaun anything at this point would be welcomed with open arms.
Apparently they released a 2014 film.... Mediocre reviews.

SOTA were going to do Leprechaun in there Now Playing line i remember seeing the prototypes he was going to be in the same wave as Saw and Reanimator then everything went wrong with Now Playing the quality took a nosedive and they had some very poor choices for the line up.
This killed the line Series 3 was a terrible seller the only figure anyone wanted was Dog Soldier from the set. They should have just released the Dog Soldier on his own. Now Playing series 1 and 2 figures still look amazing such a shame Toxic Avenger and Darkman were incredible figures.

I also remember Warwick Davis selling a signed statue or figure from his website if you are a Leprechaun fan.

I have to say while I prefer the regular sculpted style 7" Neca figures, these mego style ones are pretty cool. I like how these blend the older toy aesthetics with the more realistic sculpt and paint detailing that we expect from Neca. I'm not a mego collector but I find these figures fun for what they are. So far I've picked up both versions of Ash and Part 5 Jason/Roy. Might pick up Part 2 Jason if the local collectables shop carries him, haven't had a chance to swing by there yet to look. Really looking forward to Snake.

Hero Ash by scarrviper, on Flickr

Deadite Ash by scarrviper, on Flickr

Jason? by scarrviper, on Flickr

The Last Thing You See by scarrviper, on Flickr

I passed on this since Freddy (hat was odd) and Jason (couldn't hold his axe with both hands without looking like a doofus) were kinda lame. Might actually pick him up now.

I skipped Ash as well, although these pics are making me have second thoughts and the Deadite-Ash looks pretty freakin cool.

Just received the Pt 2 Jason and I like it more than the Pt 3. The clothes and head-sack just look more natural in this scale. I'm gonna post some pics eventually if can ever get them off my damn phone.:lol

I also have Ghost Face on order and with it's simple design should look decent in this format.

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of Pt 2 Jason.

IMAG0540-sm.JPG

IMAG0547-sm.JPG

IMAG0548-sm.JPG

IMAG0549-sm.JPG

I passed on this since Freddy (hat was odd) and Jason (couldn't hold his axe with both hands without looking like a doofus) were kinda lame. Might actually pick him up now.

I think he is definitely worth picking up and he gets better after fixing him up a bit like I did

That looks really good, what did you use for the belt buckle? I've thought about adding a belt to both versions of Ash.

I have a buddy who gave me the belt.He makes the best 8" Superhero customs...there is a website that sells the buckles for 8" type dolls,but I cannot remember the Website

Someone post pictures!

I'm not into 1/6, but I'm sure it's a magnificent creation :)

10338727_229441913932333_3538804634575955266_n.jpg10456424_229441970598994_2681862440368286483_n.jpg10402652_229441897265668_1006531153437624806_n.jpg

I also have Ghost Face on order and with it's simple design should look decent in this format.

Ghostface is GREAT! DEFINITELY GET HIM...He has a wire in his hood and NECA has added Swivel Arms to the bodies now....Can't wait for the inevitable 8" John Rambo

I'll just have to keep my eyes open for something to use for the buckle I guess.

Glad to finally see some good images of part 2 Jason out of the package. He looks really nice, now I'm convinced I want one. Love how the clothes look and the head actually looks better than the older cult classics one, even though it's probably the same sculpt.
Now if only that licensor would get back with them regarding Michael Myers. He needs to happen in this line. I don't care how long it takes to happen, I can wait.

I'll just have to keep my eyes open for something to use for the buckle I guess.

Glad to finally see some good images of part 2 Jason out of the package. He looks really nice, now I'm convinced I want one. Love how the clothes look and the head actually looks better than the older cult classics one, even though it's probably the same sculpt.
Now if only that licensor would get back with them regarding Michael Myers. He needs to happen in this line. I don't care how long it takes to happen, I can wait.

I'll ask my buddy for the website again...its like a couple bucks for 50 buckles

Here is the Website- RioRondo.com............. the buckle size is 3/16's

Last edited:
damn, that part 2 Jason does look great! Still waiting for the local toys r us's to get him and Powerslave Eddie in, definitely gonna pick up the set

Heads up for the UK collectors Friday The 13th Part 2 Jason,Scream and Eddie Powerslave are all out in the UK next week.

“@buffalano: @NECA_TOYS any chance for a mego style Michael Myers?” I want to, licensor has not been responsive. I've tried many times

Looks like Michael Myers won't happen for a while. I wonder who the licensor is.

NECA is going to send me the accessories in the mail :) I might end up keeping this error Jason for the hell of it.

Did you get in touch with NECA by telephone? If so do you have the number? Toys r us sold my jason nes after I had purchased and paid for it online.

Nah used a contact form online (after contacting them on twitter)

I never got anything from them. Let me send another tweet.

Back