NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^It was either from new special features from the Alien anthology or something i read on AVPgalaxy. I either saw a video or pictures explaining it because i still have the mental image in my mind. But it was a while ago so sorry i couldnt be clearer.

Got mine from play a while ago for £36 i think.

spa4691.jpg

He attacked my mam on the first day we got him

^It was either from new special features from the Alien anthology or something i read on AVPgalaxy. I either saw a video or pictures explaining it because i still have the mental image in my mind. But it was a while ago so sorry i couldnt be clearer.

Got mine from play a while ago for £36 i think.

spa4691.jpg

He attacked my mam on the first day we got him

Ha Ha! :rotfl
Yeah thats where I getting mine and same price from a Playtrader.

Originally the dome was supposed to be completely see through but it kept fogging up with condensation off the guys breath in the suit. It happened so much they decided to just make the a new dome ready-fogged for the rest of the movie

that makes more sense,
I just always had trouble thinking they did all that for something that was not going to show at the end, I always thought the skull probably had more meaning that something for the behind the scenes for them to explain,

I've had no problem with mine, it stands on its own on a variety of poses...
The mouth not closing is a manufacturing problem, not a sculpting problem, but yes, it would be nice to get that fixed.

The legs on mine are kinda loose so its hard to get him in a pose that I like and have him keep it. I have to turn his legs in strange positions to get him to stand unaided.

Its a small matter, but could use improving.

Is anybody else feeling the need for some new aliens figures?

HT and NECA are pumping out predators ad nauseam and there are absolutely no new Alien franchise figures on the horizon. The only recent Alien related collectible is the Sano statue.
This bums me out.

HT and NECA really need to give us some more alien love *********!

HT needs to revisit their entire Alien franchise line-up and give us updated, accurate versions.
And NECA needs to finish the line-up with A3, A:R and AvP, as well as the Queen. And then revisit Alien and Aliens with new sculpts and articulation.

Gods of the alien universe, make it so.

Is anybody else feeling the need for some new aliens figures?

HT and NECA are pumping out predators ad nauseam and there are absolutely no new Alien franchise figures on the horizon. The only recent Alien related collectible is the Sano statue.
This bums me out.

HT and NECA really need to give us some more alien love *********!

HT needs to revisit their entire Alien franchise line-up and give us updated, accurate versions.
And NECA needs to finish the line-up with A3, A:R and AvP, as well as the Queen. And then revisit Alien and Aliens with new sculpts and articulation.

Gods of the alien universe, make it so.

:exactly:

Only sideshow seem to be making new Aliens but they make statues and dio's so not the same as a figure.

Neca has to make an Alien that's not predisposed to one position like the 18" one was...

Tankman, gotta make an Alien that can be poised in any way without having cut joints that look mismatched...ball and socket joints please - like the new predators...

It's nice to note that Tankman is just as hard on his own sculpts as he is with other sculptors who he knows can do good work...as evidenced in his high praise of the Sano Alien...and willingness to tackle the Alien again, especially now that there's more accessible reference out there, so please do a new one!!!

The head is of utmost importance -- Giger praised the Kenner Alien for a reason -- it got the overall look right -- and even that mid section above the gut details that looks like it was sculpted clumsilly by a less skilled artist just carving horizontal -- IS PART OF THE ACTUAL SUIT -- its the part that'd normally go right beneath the lower part of the ribcage - who knew? -- you can see it clearly in the pic where Bolaji's head is exposed...

and please no more assembly -- a factory assembled piece is best, unless there's a way to assemble it that's very very easy and doesn't risk damaging the figure.

and better paint on the head details please -- no sharpie marker-looking arches ;P - gotta push that with the painters

I don't mind a little assembly as long as it does not harm the look of the figure and keeps price down a bit. Big boxes can be expensive to ship, even if light weight.

I like my Alien very much, although yeah theres the mouth not closing thing plus on mine the only way to get him standing with both feet flat on the ground is if I angle the feet inwards in a wonky looking manner. Not how I would choose to pose him if it weren't the only way.

I like my Alien very much, although yeah theres the mouth not closing thing plus on mine the only way to get him standing with both feet flat on the ground is if I angle the feet inwards in a wonky looking manner. Not how I would choose to pose him if it weren't the only way.

I have the same problem. I have found that if I have him hunched over a bit, his feet will position better, but then he becomes front heavy and will topple easy. :monkey4

Damn it! My neca warrior fell from the shelf and leg broke off! Sorry for double post.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

I've found that the best position is the one he was intended for one foot forward back arched back upright and hands in a forward neutral reach...thats the only position other than the unintended straight leg military at attention stance that's worked for me....the swivel joint at the thighs can be somewhat loose, esp in the summer time and tend to give way of any weight is pulling on it...what I love about the kenner alien and the hot toys is that there is atrue neutral position you can start with ands it wasnt sculpted "pre-positioned".that said, my favorite in terms of figuresis still the neca bc its the newest largest and most accurate, but the head can b improved upon

Last edited:
Back