NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics I took with my EB-800:

zIMG_6189Medium26.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium33.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium34.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium28.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium27.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium30.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium31.jpg

zIMG_6189Medium32.jpg

The Alien looks good dunnit? I liked the views from over the T-800s shoulder. Called to mind the shots of the alien from behind Lambert before it does whatever it does to her.

The Alien looks good dunnit? I liked the views from over the T-800s shoulder. Called to mind the shots of the alien from behind Lambert before it does whatever it does to her.

yup he sure does.
If the mouth was a bit better then it would be almost perfect low end figure!

Those pics are brilliant.
It's too bad the stance of Bolaji doesn't help the look, and the use of the stunt-head instead of the fully animated Rambaldi head also makes the design suffer a bit, but the essence and details are all there.

That IS Giger's ALIEN. They would sell thousands if it turned out as good as that... I know I would buy a few at least.

Just posted on NECA's website about a re-release of the 18"er:

"From the 1979 original Ridley Scott film, we’re preparing a release of the 1/4 scale Alien figure. This is the classic Xeno, with the clear dome. Yes – a gorgeously gross Classic Alien that stands over 22inches tall and is fully articulated."

"We’ve done a Classic Alien 18-Inch Action Figure in the past, so expect improvements including the enormous figure packaged fully assembled and this Xeno will have new and improved deco over the original release from 2008."

Sounds like it will have a better paint job, but no actual re-sculpting.

Last edited:
Just posted on NECA's website about a re-release of the 18"er:

"We’ve done a Classic Alien 18-Inch Action Figure in the past, so expect improvements including the enormous figure packaged fully assembled and this Xeno will have new and improved deco over the original release from 2008.

Sounds like it will have a better paint job, but no actual re-sculpting.

if that's all i won't buy it. the dome needs some work, and the jaw does too, so the mouth will fully shut.the paint does too of course.

You know, when the knees touch and the feet are apart while standing upright, just like Bolaji Badejo in the suit.
In German it's called x-legged, the contrary of bow-legged.
:D

if that's all i won't buy it. the dome needs some work, and the jaw does too, so the mouth will fully shut.the paint does too of course.

My thoughts as well.

If Kyle is re-sculpting the Cameron alien, which is about 70% Giger alien, there's no reason the Giger alien shouldn't be re-sculpted.
Torso, hips, legs and upper arms are all the same, so the '79 alien should get the new, better articulation as well. And then all you need is to fix the dome and make sure the jaw is positioned correctly so it closes fully.

It's a no-brainer.

Back