Neca to make Street Fighter 4 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the details on this figure... I see people out there on forums comparing the head sculpt to that of jazzwares' sf akuma... I mean are these people serious? Is there like a general hate towards neca that justifies bashing this awesome fig?!?

j5h26c.jpg

just watched those youtube videos and i think ill be picking up all the original characters, i have no idea on the female character is. but i would like to get the main cast from the old days.

hurray might be getting ryu and ken tomorrow. guy from work just sent me a message through the myspace and said that they got in a shipment of the figures in this morning.

went to the store today and picked up my Ryu and Ken,

202_0159.jpg

202_0161.jpg

They are pretty neat figures, but damn those joints are tight. Felt like I was gonna break Ryu's arm when trying to get his elbow bent fully.

went to the store today and picked up my Ryu and Ken,

202_0159.jpg

202_0161.jpg

They are pretty neat figures, but damn those joints are tight. Felt like I was gonna break Ryu's arm when trying to get his elbow bent fully.

^Nice, still waiting for mines to arrive in the mail.

I was very loyal to SOTA for the years they were making the figures, I lost interest after Round 4 because the quality went WAYYYYY down and there were way to many variants and ^^^^ to keep up with. And the revolution figures did not impress me one bit.

That said when I saw pictures of NECA's figures I was skeptical, because I was attracted to them by the art style of SFIV and the figures just looked to capture that. But I wasn't ever very fond of NECA and their work.

But after seeing these in person and buying them OMG these are the best Street Fighter figures in the world, they are amazing!!!! The quality is top notch, solid figures....only a tight joint or two there, but simply put it in the freezer for a minute take it out and bam it moves. I love these figures, wow they are FAR better than the SOTA SF line.

I cannot wait to continue to collect this line. NECA exceeded my expectations and truly impressed me with a great start to this line. I can't believe NECA made these. I just hope they keep up the quality of the figures.

TOOK SOME PICS:
IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

These figures are selling out like crazy, get them while you can; then might go up in price once they are all gone.

Last edited:
I guess they are more popular then I had originally thought. The videos I posted already jumper to my top ten videos already, I think famine is still number one still, number to is a ranger figure, then ryu and ken. Can't wait for series two to be released.

I was very loyal to SOTA for the years they were making the figures, I lost interest after Round 4 because the quality went WAYYYYY down and there were way to many variants and ^^^^ to keep up with. And the revolution figures did not impress me one bit.

That said when I saw pictures of NECA's figures I was skeptical, because I was attracted to them by the art style of SFIV and the figures just looked to capture that. But I wasn't ever very fond of NECA and their work.

But after seeing these in person and buying them OMG these are the best Street Fighter figures in the world, they are amazing!!!! The quality is top notch, solid figures....only a tight joint or two there, but simply put it in the freezer for a minute take it out and bam it moves. I love these figures, wow they are FAR better than the SOTA SF line.

I cannot wait to continue to collect this line. NECA exceeded my expectations and truly impressed me with a great start to this line. I can't believe NECA made these. I just hope they keep up the quality of the figures.

TOOK SOME PICS:
IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

These figures are selling out like crazy, get them while you can; then might go up in price once they are all gone.

For the Neca figures you got to love it or hate it. And I'm one of those people who loves it. right now I'm trying to finish up my Sota collection. Just got the set of round 3 and 4 in the mail and a few days ago the Previews Ryu, Ken and Akuma figure and I just ordered the Previews Dan. Now I'm waiting for round 2 set plus round 1 Chun Li to arrive from a fellow freak. All I need now is round 1 Bison, Sodom and Sagat (even tho I got the 2pack of Ryu vs Sagat). I would love to get the Previews Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma but the cost of those are crazy. The regular Sota Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma will do fine for my collection.

Picked up Ken and Ryu today. These figures come with interchangeable hands and Ryu's make sense, open hands to be able to pose as if he is unleashing a Hadoken, but Ken... He comes with the exact same right hand he already has. As if I needed another one? I can understand a fist hand to replace the thumbs up, but another fist hand exactly like the one on him already? At least they could have given us a karate chop hand or an open hand like Ryu's...

I noticed a misprint on the back of the Ryu figure's package.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ya72BgKYWYk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ya72BgKYWYk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I just noticed on my Ryu and Ken belts that only Ryu has those japanese character letters. Anyone knows the meaning of it? Has it to do with Ryu's level in Shotokan?

I just noticed on my Ryu and Ken belts that only Ryu has those japanese character letters. Anyone knows the meaning of it? Has it to do with Ryu's level in Shotokan?

According to wikipedia Ryu has a kanji motif (meaning Wind, Wood, Fire, Mountain) embroidered into his obi (belt).

According to wikipedia Ryu has a kanji motif (meaning Wind, Wood, Fire, Mountain) embroidered into his obi (belt).

Thanks, I also check my Sota Ryu and it also had the kanji characters on his belt. I thought Ryu had put the kanji charaters on only for SFIV.

I don't really buy smaller scale stuff much any more, but I'm thinking about getting a Ryu and Chun Li to go with my SOTA Ken and Guile. I do realize NECA's figures are in a slightly larger scale, but if posed right, do they look okay with the SOTA figures?

Thanks!

I personally feel that the Sota figures jus don't look right next to the Neca ones. They're much smaller in height and proportion.

I personally feel that the Sota figures jus don't look right next to the Neca ones. They're much smaller in height and proportion.

Actually I think the SOTA range is quite nice. But I dont think the figures have the SFIV theme? You are right about the NECA being bigger though... every good gal knows bigger is better :monkey3

Sota can't make SF4 figures is thats what you were asking. I dunno, i still like sota better. I only bought Crimson Viper so far from NECA. I'm hoping they make Rufus or E.Honda (because I don't like sota's E.Honda)

I don't really buy smaller scale stuff much any more, but I'm thinking about getting a Ryu and Chun Li to go with my SOTA Ken and Guile. I do realize NECA's figures are in a slightly larger scale, but if posed right, do they look okay with the SOTA figures?

Thanks!

You could pose them to look right in scale I suppose, but the stylized faces on NECA's make them stick out imo. Here is a comparison pic that a board member on another site I visit snapped.

5-3.jpg

Hope that helps.

Back