Neca to make Street Fighter 4 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the new set today at work, I wasnt planning on getting Akuma since I just wanted the main core characters. To me though Akuma did turn out to be the best figure of this set. Guile is pretty bleh, dont know why. Chun would of been so much better with thinner legs, but I know why they made them the way they did.

IMG_1344.jpg

Excuse me but WHAT? :horror

Hope someone can shed some light on this. I was wondering if Neca were still using the clear plastic joints for the guys arms in series 2 or if they had changed to a flesh colored plastic?

Why is Ken gray? I never thought that Van Damme would acutally look anything like Guile. Ryu looks ok to me but I don't need another one.

certain neca in person look better than any other! RYu and ken are better than any sf fig to date. especially the bodies, clothes, poseability and masculinity, no doubt. will show pics later

Is this line from NECA cancelled? I've been searching everywhere about it but haven't seen any link so far. Does NECA still have the license for SF? I hope they would make the original characters.

Look at the details on this figure... I see people out there on forums comparing the head sculpt to that of jazzwares' sf akuma... I mean are these people serious? Is there like a general hate towards neca that justifies bashing this awesome fig?!?

j5h26c.jpg
I was thinking about this figure, but I gota say, don't like it much.

I prefer the Sota Toys one, which I have Shin Akuma.

shinakumasotatoys.jpg

Sculpting of the head and hair looks better IMO.

Last edited:
If anyone knows, please answer this one.

Is this line from NECA cancelled? I've been searching everywhere about it but haven't seen any link or news so far. Does NECA still have the license for SF? Are there any news about series 3?

I know this is super old but what's up with no series 3?
Also, I just want to point out that all the people hating on the Neca stuff and loving the Play Arts, should know that the Neca figure sculpts are actually taken from computer renditions from the game. There was no human hand in it! The Play Arts versions do look pretty good, but one with a bigger price tag. I just wish they released more Neca stuff

Play Arts > Neca even tho I buy both

BTW when are those supposed to release and who besides Ryu and Chun-li?
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CSQ81135lg.jpg

Akuma

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CSQ81136lg.jpg

Cammy

I have my Akuma figure on pre-order and Kratos (God Of War 3).

I know this is super old but what's up with no series 3?
Also, I just want to point out that all the people hating on the Neca stuff and loving the Play Arts, should know that the Neca figure sculpts are actually taken from computer renditions from the game. There was no human hand in it! The Play Arts versions do look pretty good, but one with a bigger price tag. I just wish they released more Neca stuff
I have the NECA Akuma figure.

It's not bad.

They could have refined his face more and made his hair angle out a bit more to make it more aggressive looking, but for the price I paid, I took it anyway.

Once I have received me Playarts Kai Akuma, I will take a photo of them both besides my SOTA Toys Akuma and give a bit of a comparison.

Last edited:
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CSQ81135lg.jpg

Akuma

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CSQ81136lg.jpg

Cammy

I have my Akuma figure on pre-order and Kratos (God Of War 3).

I have the NECA Akuma figure.

It's not bad.

They could have refined his face more and made his hair angle out a bit more to make it more aggressive looking, but for the price I paid, I took it anyway.

Once I have received me Playarts Kai Akuma, I will take a photo of them both besides my SOTA Toys Akuma and give a bit of a comparison.

It's funny that you mention the Neca Akuma's hair thing! I thought I was the only one that noticed that. I actually am planning (probably today or so) to modify that problem and get some of that hair fanned out! I just have to figure a way to do it so it looks like it came that way. If I am successful, I'll do the whole pic thing.

It's funny that you mention the Neca Akuma's hair thing! I thought I was the only one that noticed that. I actually am planning (probably today or so) to modify that problem and get some of that hair fanned out! I just have to figure a way to do it so it looks like it came that way. If I am successful, I'll do the whole pic thing.
Yeah, you might have to get some modeling putty from a hobby store and just mold it on to his hair.

Once it sets, paint it up.

Post pics if you get it done.

Back