NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rocky figures must have sold very well considering more are coming out this year. Too bad we can't say the same for Rambo. Rocky with the title belt looks awesome, even though it's mainly re-used parts.

xsq4POJW.jpg

The Rocky figures must have sold very well considering more are coming out this year. Too bad we can't say the same for Rambo. Rocky with the title belt looks awesome, even though it's mainly re-used parts.

Yeah, but I blame NECA for the slow Rambo sales. They released the same Rambo 2 figure 3 times. Hopefully, they still make the bow attack version or a Rambo 3 version. I wonder if that belt is removable?

Yeah, but I blame NECA for the slow Rambo sales. They released the same Rambo 2 figure 3 times. Hopefully, they still make the bow attack version or a Rambo 3 version. I wonder if that belt is removable?

They said on twitter that they're done with Rambo. They said the sales were too weak.

I wish they would've at least given us the Bow Attack figure before being done,there's even a pic. of it on the back of one of the figure packages.

So Rambo is done. I guess this means Rocky is truly Stallone's most enduring character. As a child of the eighties, even though my Stallone fandom didn't develop till later, I feel I must buy these figures.

By the looks of it in comparison to the actual Rocky III poster the hair should be fuller on the sides of the head of the Rocky III figure, would this be a common viewpoint?

So Rambo is done. I guess this means Rocky is truly Stallone's most enduring character. As a child of the eighties, even though my Stallone fandom didn't develop till later, I feel I must buy these figures.

By the looks of it in comparison to the actual Rocky III poster the hair should be fuller on the sides of the head of the Rocky III figure, would this be a common viewpoint?

Yes, bigger hair would be more accurate....and you should watch First Blood...in fact, watch all of them :cuss :lol

I wouldn't read much into that graphic, that's just an iconic image you can easily recognize as Rocky without detail, it's almost a logo for the series. I honestly don't see NECA doing a street clothes or running suit Rocky, they're focusing on him from the fights as those looks are what would cater most to the larger market, only super fans would spend $20 on Rocky in a jogging suit from a training montage.

Why not? It was the best part of the movie. It's pure insanity to have a Rocky I license and not produce a version of him from the training montage.

I wouldn't read much into that graphic, that's just an iconic image you can easily recognize as Rocky without detail, it's almost a logo for the series. I honestly don't see NECA doing a street clothes or running suit Rocky, they're focusing on him from the fights as those looks are what would cater most to the larger market, only super fans would spend $20 on Rocky in a jogging suit from a training montage.

What about his Rocky IV training montage? Or the Rocky III run on the beach with Apollo? :lol

We can say that but unfortunately what Maulfan is saying is most likely representative of the business POV towards this license. I'd say Randy Falk would love to make everything we want from these films but the cost of doing so weighed against the likely return just doesn't work. We're probably very fortunate to get what we will get. Best anyone can do is buy everything they do put out and hope enough people are doing so that they might persist with the line and find justification for training montage figures.

I'd wager that this...

giphy.gif

...in Mego style would sell well, though, no?

Is that not what this thing is?

Rocky 8" Clothed Figure - Rocky (Sweat Suit) - Rocky Rocky I

Doesn't look good to me...and if that's a prototype intended for solicitation purposes...damn....

I think a sculpted figure would be better, even one that is pretty much a statue.

By the way I haven't read up on this thread, I could be completely out of my depth and I could be posting stuff that 30 people have posted before me. Just a disclaimer from myself

Back