NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Rambo is done. I guess this means Rocky is truly Stallone's most enduring character. As a child of the eighties, even though my Stallone fandom didn't develop till later, I feel I must buy these figures.

By the looks of it in comparison to the actual Rocky III poster the hair should be fuller on the sides of the head of the Rocky III figure, would this be a common viewpoint?

Yeah you're right. It looks like they trimmed down the hair a bit from the previous Rocky III they released. I wonder why? It looked fine and accurate the way it was.

I'd like to see Rocky as part of their ultimate line.

Looking forward to getting a new Rocky and some guys for him to fight which includes hopefully rereleases of Creed, Clubber and Drago with their alt heads.

Looking forward to getting a new Rocky and some guys for him to fight which includes hopefully rereleases of Creed, Clubber and Drago with their alt heads.

That's a good idea. They should come with a battle damaged sculpt, but their plans include 16 figures, which includes re releases and some "new" figures. Sounds to me like they're going to release the normal version and the BD version separately, and that might not be a great idea from a business point of view, imo.

Here's a visual guide of the the previous figures.

Series 1

hCQHgCr.jpg

Series 2

HN7gH4V.jpg

Series 3

5lbExLk.jpg

Video Game Rocky

HStmaHo.jpg

There was also the TrU exclusive twin pack, though that was available in HK as well.
Basically the same as rocky and apollo from series 1 but using the new type of body.

I stuck to only the BD versions of Creed, Lang and Drago. For Rocky I only purchased Rocky 3. So in total I only did four figures from this line. TBH I was not really blown away with the skin colour sculpt.

Rocky 4's skin looks amazing, I wish every NECA human looked like that, if his eyes looked more intense and less half asleep, it'd be an amazing figure instead of just really good. Rocky 1 looked more like early 2000s NECA paint and I never really paid attention to the other humans after that.

I ordered one Rocky game figure and received two. I thought about taking the flag from one of them and putting it on a Rocky IV figure.

We were talking about how the hair on the Rocky III figure looked like it had been (incorrectly) shaved tighter on the sides on that poster recreation pic they released - but maybe it was just photoshopped that way for some reason. The pic NECA now have on their twitter banner looks right again.

The poster looks like a bad PS job, which i don't get, it's not like they did a lot to make that poster, that's like 20 minutes work.

That's a good idea. They should come with a battle damaged sculpt, but their plans include 16 figures, which includes re releases and some "new" figures. Sounds to me like they're going to release the normal version and the BD version separately, and that might not be a great idea from a business point of view, imo.
I just hope we see a Drago figure with the red shorts and boots but without the battered headsculpt.

Yeah the clean sculpt on the Rocky I Rocky was horrible, which is odd because the Battle damaged sculpt was the exact opposite.

Back