NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty cool. I'm curious to see what the new figures are.

Did they ever release a boxing ring or is that just for show purposes like the Alien/Predator/Terminator stuff?

Just for show.

However, Jakks Pacific made the ring and all the other accessories....plus every character in all the films...even the training meat :lol

ksSEvy3.jpg

They also made a Rocky 3 ring with a yellow floor.

Jakks made the ring, but the one pictured is not the one, its nowhere near as nice as that one. Possibly a custom made one. These 2 here are the ones Jakks released.
s5z9ys.jpg

They are just too small and not impressed with how they looked so i passed.
Would be cool if Neca made the Rocky 1 ring, only one i would be interested in if it looks better than the one from Jakks.

I'd have no interest in an undersized ring myself. I hate that, downsizing something that could easily be made to proper scale. Make it to scale and price it match or go home.

Apparently, series 1 will have one new Rocky and series 2 will have one new Rocky and Apollo based from Rocky 4 movie.

Interesting, we know the Rocky 3 with the belt is new, but two new Rocky and Apollo figures from Rocky 4? What can they do? I guess they can make Apollo with the patriot costume and hat from his fight against Drago, but what other Rocky can they make? The training version from part 4? I hope not, that won't sell. I wanted Rocky with the American flag trunks.

No no. In the previous releases there's four figures in each series.

Looks like they are doing the same again this time.

They start off with...

Anniversary Series 1 - Rocky 3 - two rocky, two mr t.
One of the rocky is new and the other 3 are previous released figures. As shown in toy fair photos.

Anniversary Series 2 - Rocky 4 - one rocky, one Apollo, two drago.

Rocky and Apollo are new and the two dragos are previous released figures.

This anniversary release starts off differently than the older release. Older release, series 1 started off with the 1st movie. Older release, series 2 started off with the 4th movie but with two rocky and two drago.

Perhaps someone can do a comparison chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no. In the previous releases there's four figures in each series.

Looks like they are doing the same again this time.

They start off with...

Anniversary Series 1 - Rocky 3 - two rocky, two mr t.
One of the rocky is new and the other 3 are previous released figures. As shown in toy fair photos.

Anniversary Series 2 - Rocky 4 - one rocky, one Apollo, two drago.

Rocky and Apollo are new and the two dragos are previous released figures.

This anniversary release starts off differently than the older release. Older release, series 1 started off with the 1st movie. Older release, series 2 started off with the 4th movie but with two rocky and two drago.

Perhaps someone can do a comparison chart.

So they're not re-releasing all of them after all. Want to buy back Rocky from Rocky 4 more than any of them so that sucks. Have the 2 pack from Rocky 1 so no big deal about the first series.
If anyone have a spare Rocky 4 they want to sell im interested!

So they're not re-releasing all of them after all. Want to buy back Rocky from Rocky 4 more than any of them so that sucks. Have the 2 pack from Rocky 1 so no big deal about the first series.
If anyone have a spare Rocky 4 they want to sell im interested!

No need to panic. They said they will release them all from the first to the forth movie. Around 15-16 figures or so.

Remember that what they are showing at the toy fair are only the first SIX months released of the year. More will come out. In what order they come out is unsure as of right now. Out of those X amount of figures, there would be around 4-6 new figures. The rest are all re-releases with the only changes made to them are possibly thinner plastic used for the shorts.

No need for everyone to jump into conclusions. Just be patient and all will be released again.

If they said so earlier i hope you're right. Not sure what to make out of that Toy Fair video, he speaks about other lines and future plans for them and since he didn't mention Rocky other than the 2 Anniversary series i assumed this was it.

If they said so earlier i hope you're right. Not sure what to make out of that Toy Fair video, he speaks about other lines and future plans for them and since he didn't mention Rocky other than the 2 Anniversary series i assumed this was it.

Yeah alot of these info came from his twitter acc. It does take some time to follow.

Agree that the video doesnt say much. He doesnt give full attention to Rocky or Rambo cos its not their bread and butter.

Rocky III wave is up for order on BBTS, just the full case so far.

Only one figure that's new for the first series, I wonder if collectors will buy these relaunch figures again just to get them in the 40th anniversary packaging? I have them so am only going to go with the new fig and purchase two so I can get two championship belts.

Clever move with the new packaging. Some owners of the previous figures might indeed buy the rereleases for the anniversary packaging.

Sadly not me. I have all the previous figures and took them out of packaging, so not interested in the new packaging. Will just get the new figures to complete the full set.

Back