NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to argue the standard face sculpt, its a let down for me as well. But I dont see any problem with the body. Sly himself admits he wasn't in the best shape for part 1, and actually learned a lot from Carl Weathers when it came to nurtition and working out.

Watch 1, 2 and 6, they're almost a trilogy by them self and just happen to have 3 other movies in between.

1, 2 & 6 are Definitely the best movies in the series. But as far as entertainment goes, 3 and 4 are pure awesomeness:lol And every rocky fan knows that there is no such thing as Rocky V.

1, 2 & 6 are Definitely the best movies in the series. But as far as entertainment goes, 3 and 4 are pure awesomeness:lol And every rocky fan knows that there is no such thing as Rocky V.
AGREE!

Rocky 5 isn't interesting to see and the story like a piece of... First time when i watched Rocky 5 i can't believe that the part is included in this full story about a great fighter.

AGREE!

Rocky 5 isn't interesting to see and the story like a piece of... First time when i watched Rocky 5 i can't believe that the part is included in this full story about a great fighter.

It is awful!!! I think Ive only seen it one time, which was one too many :lol. Even Stalllone has expressed his disappointment with V, and how he doesn't even consider it part of the series. That was part of his motivation with "Rocky Balboa", he wanted to end the series on a high note, so to speak.

I watched Rocky V in the theatres when I was in grade 11 or 12 with a bunch of my buddies. I have to admit my adrenaline was pumping from the street fight scene. When we left the theatres I felt like getting into something...It had us pumped!! Ofcourse we didn’t (not that dumb). I guess back then in the 90’s it was the Mike Tyson, Don King era so it kind of fit in.

I had abandoned Rocky 1 to 5 and revisited them when Rocky Balboa was release on DVD. I have to admit as a adult the weaker movies are Rocky 4 & 5. What makes Rocky Balboa so special is the re-introduction of the Rocky theme during training.............excuse me guys I gonna go make some hurting bombs!!!

Oh please Hot Toys release for me a Street Cloth Rocky!

I love the whole franchise, don't get me wrong, I grew up on 3 and 4 and didn't like the original 2 until adulthood, they lack entertainment for a kid, you really need to be older to appreciate the story, 3 and 4 have more fighting and things a kid can get excited about. For me the American flag shorts will always be Rocky to me, even though that's not his colors but Apollo's, that's how I knew him for so much of my life.

1,2 and 6 just have a flowing story arc for Rocky, 3 and 4 are more like adventures along the way, but if the franchise were only 1, 2 and 6, the story arc would work. The stories of 3-5 don't contribute to where Rocky is in 6, he's not in the house from 5, you don't have to have why he went poor in 5 because the end of 2 has him win, doesn't make him rich.

Rocky 5 would probably sit better if it hadn't been the last film for so long, if it were just a stepping stone all along, it might have been different, but it was made to be a finale and it sucked as that. It has flaws period, but a lot of the issues stand out because it's like, this can't be the last look at Rocky we ever have, they overdid the brain damage and all. For whatever went wrong with Rocky V, the scene of him in the gym reflecting on Mickey training him for the Apollo fight was one of the best scenes in the franchise.

For me, 3 things make the Rocky series really work great, Stallone, Bill Conti's music, and Burgess Meredith. As fun as Apollo is, killing off Mickey hurt a bit, and no Bill Conti music hurts 4 a bit, and those 2 were the only thing that kept 5 afloat. Don't get me wrong, you need Apollo and Duke and Adrian and Paulie, but those 3 really define it for me.

Exactly!

I think this site is great for information on new collectibles for pre order, but the non stop complaining really kills it for me, so much negativity, you have to wonder if a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that the majority of these people don't have a life, and in some pathetic attempt to validate there sad lives, which probably consist of dead end jobs and lack of an attractive significant other, causes them to voice nothing but negative opinions on just about everything. This behavior really has nothing to do with the quality level of some collectible. What's really interesting is these people think so much of their opinions that if you don't agree with them they take it as a personnel insult.

One last thing on this topic, what the hell are the backgrounds and credentials of all these amateur critics on this site???????????????
The other day I was at a restaurant and the waiter brought me out a plate of garbage and a glass of rancid milk, but I didn't graduate from a culinary school so really, what right did I have to say anything? :(

So I just went back home, and I, of course, mean my parent's home, went down to the basement and continued to be a virgin.

I love the whole franchise, don't get me wrong, I grew up on 3 and 4 and didn't like the original 2 until adulthood, they lack entertainment for a kid, you really need to be older to appreciate the story, 3 and 4 have more fighting and things a kid can get excited about.

:exactly:

1 and 2 def have the best story. The acting in Rocky 1 when Paulie comes home in a drunken rage with the baseball bat was incredible. I am still blown away by the emotion in that scene. Debating on opening these guys when I get them.

Neca rules!!!

AifTUPfCIAAdyhQ.jpg

Exactly!

I think this site is great for information on new collectibles for pre order, but the non stop complaining really kills it for me, so much negativity, you have to wonder if a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that the majority of these people don't have a life, and in some pathetic attempt to validate there sad lives, which probably consist of dead end jobs and lack of an attractive significant other, causes them to voice nothing but negative opinions on just about everything. This behavior really has nothing to do with the quality level of some collectible. What's really interesting is these people think so much of their opinions that if you don't agree with them they take it as a personnel insult.

One last thing on this topic, what the hell are the backgrounds and credentials of all these amateur critics on this site???????????????

Talk about an insult! Because I don't agree with you and think this is a piss-poor attempt of a Rocky likeness it means I have a deadend job and I don't have a life? Have you ever thought that maybe some of us were really looking forward to these, were happy with much of what Neca has produced in the past, were happy with the recent Terminator figures and their likenesses, and LOVE Rocky I and were dying for some cool collectibles! That face look NOTHING like Stallone/Rocky. It's not even close. At least get it close. There is nothing nitpicky about criticizing this; nitpicky is complaining the stripes on the shorts are a little to thin or a little too thick. We're talking about the facial likeness; here. My Terminator figures look like Arnold. They may not be the greatest representation ever sculpted but I don't expect that. I do expect the likeness is somewhat close though. Can't believe a guy with a forum name of "balboa1976" would be happy with this head sculpt.

Wtf even the image they used for the packing sleeve doesn’t look like rocky?

AifTUPfCIAAdyhQ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Aww I see, wonder why they used the Rocky 2 image? I'd rename this the Rocky Horror Picture Show thred lol

Neca said that they weren't allowed to do the packaging designs for these figures. The Image in the top left is from Rocky 2. And the picture near the right side of the package is from rocky 3.

Packaged pics of the King of Sting:
AiwGoRwCAAAl7QH.jpg:large

AiwFACpCIAEbpJ8.jpg:large

A bit heavy on the wash used on his chest, but I LOVE that damaged sculpt. Can't wait to see Drago.

Back