NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're great for inexpensive 6" figures that will allow Rocky fans to collect an extensive line of figures covering the series of films. I look to NECA as a cheap way to really depict a film with many figures, it's too expensive to do with something like Hot Toys, plus they don't always make everything. NECA gave me the most broad lineup of T2 representation and Rocky will be the same.

Absolutely, can´t disagree with that and I´m happy for you, Sean.
But for me...dunno.
I had the FB T-800, Cyberdyne, Man or Machine and when I just started with HT, I was happy with them, but I like the factor that you just can do stuff over and over with HT´s and I caught my self fuzzing with the HT T-800 and not giving thre slightes peek at my NECA´s and that was the turning point.
But it´s good that it´s also a completely different price tag and audience...generally, cause anyone collect their favorite scenes and stuff and for you...with that much fav franchises, it´s perfect.
:)

I just collect from movies and shows I like, I don't care the scale or what it's made of, if I like how it represents the property I enjoy, I get it. The Hot Toys T2 figures offer far more fun and joy for me from a quality level, but HT never gave us many of the looks of the T-800 that NECA did, moments and looks I really enjoy and wish HT'd had done, but thankfully NECA did so I have it from someone.

Likewise with Rocky, even if HT ever were to revisit Rocky, I doubt it would be as extensive as NECA will go and some representations will be missed.

I'm glad NECA's going to have Rocky 4 at Toy Fair, I hope they do Rocky 6 in this line, the JAKKS figure is ok but I'd like to have one more authentic to Sly's body.

:lol You getting these Roy?

I think i'll get the BD versions of both Rocky and Apollo. 1976 Rocky owns all imo.

I have to ask you and other collectors a question, why does a 7 inch figure that cost $15.00 have to have a head sculpt that's spot on, or looks like it was sculpted by michelangelo? The majority of the expensive figures aren't spot on, so does that mean you can't purchase them to?

Compared to the Jakks 76' Rocky this ones a step down in likeness and that says alot. Here in Canada the Jakks figs were just under $10 a piece and up here NECA stuff over doubles that. It's not about being picky on a $15 toy it's about how far off that likeness is. It doesn't even resemble a Stallone lookalike.

Clean head likeness looks better unpainted.

RockyActionFigures-sml.jpg

Rocky-Apollo-Fight-pose.jpg

Rocky-Damaged-Colored-sml.jpg

apollo-not-damaged-sml.jpg

Rocky-unpainted-Fight-pose.jpg

rocky_action_figure.jpg

Apollo-Creed-Fight-Damage-Head-Sculpt_1319801196.jpg

I think for the first time, at least for a while, I prefer a BD figure over a clean one!

I'll be going for Both rocky and Apollo BD!

In this instance, I think the BD figures are better suited to representing the emotion and all of the fight.

Actually both clean portraits look close to nothing in terms of likeness. On the other hand both BD sculpts look great.

I think it's the eye paint, the eyes are totally obscured on the two BD ones so you're pretty much just seeing sculpt, the clean ones have the eyes and they're lacking on both.

Jesus, that variant Rocky head looks awful. I know there is a lot of knit picking and _____ing on these forums and a bunch of silly little-girl whining but any big Rocky/Stallone fan can not be anywhere near content with that sculpt. It looks horrible. Jaaks was better than that. And I'm a big fan of Neca; got a ton of their stuff. The battle damaged heads look awesome but WTF happened on that variant sculpt. F••• me- it looks NOTHING like Rocky.

BB

I think it's the eye paint, the eyes are totally obscured on the two BD ones so you're pretty much just seeing sculpt, the clean ones have the eyes and they're lacking on both.

Honestly dude both sculpts barely resemble either actor. Eyes, nose and lips imo. They're just bad.

Yep. You'd think it would be the other way round, really!

To be honest it'd be easier to capture likeness in a BD sculpt. I'm not surprised.

I don't know which to get. The Rocky IV figure's sculpt looks great though.

finalphoto.jpg

Rocky-IV-bts.jpg

I can't wait for Drago. And I feel like a Rocky/Rambo announcement from HT is around the corner.

Jesus, that variant Rocky head looks awful. I know there is a lot of knit picking and _____ing on these forums and a bunch of silly little-girl whining but any big Rocky/Stallone fan can not be anywhere near content with that sculpt. It looks horrible. Jaaks was better than that. And I'm a big fan of Neca; got a ton of their stuff. The battle damaged heads look awesome but WTF happened on that variant sculpt. F••• me- it looks NOTHING like Rocky.

BB

Exactly.
I can't believe people are defending it by trying to say its wrong to compare it to Hot Toys more expensive offerings.

I'm comparing to JAKKS which was now 5 years ago and they look waaay better.

And I'm comparing to other NECA output which can be quite good. I think their Conan and T2 stuff was pretty well done.

finalphoto.jpg

That's wild, but stupid, that'd be a waste of a figure, BD is cool, but eyes closed having just taken a major slug to the head, who'd want that on display.

Back