NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance when Neca releases figures for Rocky II and Rocky lll, that the figs would include the championship belt that Jakks never released?

A guess this is just long shot wishful thinking:pray:

I think for the first time, at least for a while, I prefer a BD figure over a clean one!

I'll be going for Both rocky and Apollo BD!
Yeah, I was kinda annoyed when I learned that it'd be variants instead of swappable heads, but now, yeesh...I think picking up the battle damage heads is an easy choice.

My four year old son loves all the Rocky movies. They might be the father/son classic movies that when he gets older we will still watch together. I showed him the packaged images. At initial glance of the regular he shouted out "That's not Rocky!" To the BD he said "That's Rocky.

I'm not saying...I'm just saying :lecture

My four year old son loves all the Rocky movies. They might be the father/son classic movies that when he gets older we will still watch together. I showed him the packaged images. At initial glance of the regular he shouted out "That's not Rocky!" To the BD he said "That's Rocky.

I'm not saying...I'm just saying :lecture

those are great films to keep in tradition.

And yeah pretty sad when a little kid calls neca out on likeness :lol

The first variant with the original head looks like it's not Rocky movie just a boring parody. The second Rocky's variant looks more accurate. But his torso... terrible for small sized figures. In this situation, i'll easily pass both :)

Last edited:
Neca usually does a great job with their quality of work. Their T1 and T2 figures are good. Their new Freddy Krueger's are awesome and their evil dead 2 figures look fantastic. why the hell did they drop the ball on these :dunno

I don't quite get the reaction to these figures, they seem every bit as good as anything else NECA's done in the human figure realm for the last year or two and like any manufacturer, some hits and misses. BD being hits and clean one off a bit, but for what NECA is these are still really nice figures.

I don't quite get the reaction to these figures, they seem every bit as good as anything else NECA's done in the human figure realm for the last year or two and like any manufacturer, some hits and misses. BD being hits and clean one off a bit, but for what NECA is these are still really nice figures.

Exactly!

I think this site is great for information on new collectibles for pre order, but the non stop complaining really kills it for me, so much negativity, you have to wonder if a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that the majority of these people don't have a life, and in some pathetic attempt to validate there sad lives, which probably consist of dead end jobs and lack of an attractive significant other, causes them to voice nothing but negative opinions on just about everything. This behavior really has nothing to do with the quality level of some collectible. What's really interesting is these people think so much of their opinions that if you don't agree with them they take it as a personnel insult.

One last thing on this topic, what the hell are the backgrounds and credentials of all these amateur critics on this site???????????????

Exactly!

I think this site is great for information on new collectibles for pre order, but the non stop complaining really kills it for me, so much negativity, you have to wonder if a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that the majority of these people don't have a life, and in some pathetic attempt to validate there sad lives, which probably consist of dead end jobs and lack of an attractive significant other, causes them to voice nothing but negative opinions on just about everything. This behavior really has nothing to do with the quality level of some collectible. What's really interesting is these people think so much of their opinions that if you don't agree with them they take it as a personnel insult.

One last thing I this topic, what the hell are the backgrounds and credentials of all these amateur critics on this site???????????????

I really didn't want to come off like I was complaining at all and if I did I apologize. I don't want to give off that type of feeling to anyone because I, myself, hate it when ppl up here keep complaining. I can't go into any thread without some dude _____ing about his toys not looking good enough or something else. I mean, I've officially given up on going into the dexter thread due to everyone picking the show apart piece by piece. it's ridiculous.

Exactly!

One last thing on this topic, what the hell are the backgrounds and credentials of all these amateur critics on this site???????????????

You don't know for a fact that you're seeing the same people, over and over again, doing nothing but posting negative opinions and you cannot be aware of any one person's entire posting history so you really can't generalise like that.

Discussion forums will have views from both sides and not everyone will always take a positive view just as not everyone will always take a negative view.

Watch 1, 2 and 6, they're almost a trilogy by them self and just happen to have 3 other movies in between.

that's how I see it too! I think those 3 are the best in that exact order :lecture

I remember moving into my apartment my Mom asked me what I was watching and I told her Rocky. She said "Oh I hate that ____. Stupid boxing." I said "have you ever tried it?" I'm pleased to say my mom now owns and wears a rocky shirt :lol

Agreed.

I have never seen the first 2 Rocky films. III to V are the only ones I've ever caught on telly.
Wut? You mad?

:lol

For me Rocky is the defining movie. Rocky 4 IMO was just too overdone, like a propaganda thing, same as Rambo III.

Sorry for getting everyone so but hurt over these figures. I don't know what's worse, getting but hurt over "negative" comments that don't necessarily agree with your view or pretending what you see looks fine.

I'm the last person on this site to criticize but being that i'm a '76 Rocky fan I was/am disappointed. Their T1/T2 figures cost the same and looked somewhat like Arnold.

Sean, you obviously know i'm not referring to you.

The problem with this one is NOT the likeness.

The real problem for me is, whoever this character is he looks like a bored out office worker from the accounting department who decided to join a fight club every Wednesday night. He then put this picture up in his Match.com profile to attract single ladies online.

Dull facial expression, hairline, fat body. Dude looks like an office worker trying out boxing for the first time. A bit shy and lack of energy.

This is not Rocky. Not in likeness, form, or expression. Rocky doesn't have an aggressive personality, but do not deny the sharpness of his eyes once the gloves get put on. Total failure on NECA's part.

Even if they fail to make Rocky's likeness, at Least make him look like a boxer.

AifTUPfCIAAdyhQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back