NECA: Prometheus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NECA Shaw figure does have the orange piping on her suit. So I think it is the "end suit". Maybe the Kevlar type pattern was hard to recreate on this scale?

I'm wondering the same. It's a shame, the pattern on the suit looks great.

Yeah, and if NECA attempted it and didn't get it EXACTLY right...you'd all be on here bashing them for "ruining" your action figure.

Yeah I'm not sure this line will last much longer. Went to TRU yesterday and they had eleven two-packs, and about a dozen pressure/pilot suits. No new figs.

if you want prometheus series 2 figures prior to march, id start looking elsewhere. TRU has great prices, but they get their merchandise in really late.

As far as the future of the neca prometheus line is concerned...yeah, im concerned. Neca has stated its concern. Its a real shame because, imo, its the best line neca has going right now. I really hope the line makes it to series 3.

BTW...I received my prometheus series 2 figures in the mail. Im very impressed. Both david and the deacon have fantastic sculpts/paint apps. The only complaint i have is that the deacon's neck joint is ugly. Beyond that, expectations have been well met. Deacon's accessories are great! Also, i noticed some people talking about limited articulation in the deacon's arms...as long as the arm is perpendicular to the body, the arm goes in and out as well as rotates forwards and backwards. Just wanted to let folks know.

@vitus: Haha. i know, right? My TRU is sold out of all types of engineers, partly because i went into army building mode and repaint mode w the pressure suit engineer. Also, i snagged some heads from a couple of pressure suit engineers to make the hybrid engineer (chair suit body w "helmet" off and head visible etc). I loved both pressure suit and chair suit engineers. *shrugs*

i snagged some heads from a couple of pressure suit engineers to make the hybrid engineer (chair suit body w "helmet" off and head visible etc).

Please could you post some pictures of the deacon? I'm interested the jaw joint...

:lecture Hell, post some pics of the customizing you did while you're at it! :postpics:

Last edited:
@siegaard: sadly, randy falk (neca) confirmed that 1/4 scale engineer is not happening. Neca is pushing hard just to finish the 7" line.

Ill take some pics of my neca prometheus collection and post them as soon as i get a chance (including multiple pressure suit repaints, chair suit w/ head mod, david, the deacon, BD engineer repaint etc.)
As far as the deacon's jaw joint, id say its one of the high points as far as the figure is concerned (bottom jaw drops down as well as extends out; inner jaw is movable; you can close it all up and have him "mouth closed" as well). The whole mechanism functions pretty well for a $17 figure.

Tried to get hold of a Pressure suit figure today at my local Forbidden Planet to be told they dont sell them?! wtf? Any fellow UK guys know where to order one from?

My Chamber base is starting to look the part now. Recieved my clear resin today along with new paints!! Just need to source my lighting!

Cheers

Bri

Please could you post some pictures of the deacon? I'm interested the jaw joint...

The jaw articulation is both good and bad.

While it's open, it looks great...when closed, it makes the Deacon look like it's mentally challenged.

Why NECA couldn't have gone with a traditional jaw/neck articulation is beyond me. :cuckoo:

And the neck articulation just plain SUCKS and the neck itself is WAY too long.

Here are some quick pics to show you what I mean:

P2220282.jpg

P2220287.jpg

P2220288.jpg

P2220291.jpg

And here are some pics to show what it should look like.

Like I said, when it's open, it's pretty spot on.
But when it's closed it doesn't flow into the neck right and looks silly.

cinefex-30.jpg

cinefex-28.jpg

Last edited:
The jaw articulation is both good and bad.

While it's open, it looks great...when closed, it makes the Deacon look like it's mentally challenged.

Why NECA couldn't have gone with a traditional jaw/neck articulation is beyond me. :cuckoo:

And the neck articulation just plain SUCKS and the neck itself is WAY too long.

Here are some quick pics to show you what I mean:

P2220282.jpg

P2220287.jpg

P2220288.jpg

P2220291.jpg

And here are some pics to show what it should look like.

Like I said, when it's open, it's pretty spot on.
But when it's closed it doesn't flow into the neck right and looks silly.

Thanks! :hi5:

The nape of the deacon as it gets closer to the back?

Back