NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys should take a long hard look at NECA's predators and aliens and do some soul-searching as to why they fail so utterly at delivering accurate figures.

Hot Toys should take a long hard look at NECA's predators and aliens and do some soul-searching as to why they fail so utterly at delivering accurate figures.

I was thinking that there probably very smug by now.If they didn't change the p2 they know its going to sell out with the label, and honestly i will buy one.I hate to say it but neca probably reads forums and listens to customs , were as hot toys probably say "were hot toys deal with it".
Neca is a very good company for being competitive and doing what they say.

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the (almost) blind following HT's predators have...
I mean, after the initial novelty of seeing those awesome AvP preds way back then (and then the P2 Elder) people should by now expect more in terms of accuracy from Hot Toys.
Don't get me wrong, they are great figures, but all have pretty much major issues. Just starting with the body. The body of the classic (which was a P1 in disguise) and all subsequent releases (including this new P2) is just completely wrong in terms of shape and proportions. I just don't get why people are not only lenient about it, but even go on to praise it.
It's one thing to acknowledge it has flaws and still decide to buy it, but to just be so accepting of it...
Anyway, I guess it's just a matter of how much or how little you are willing to accept. In any case, I wish NECA would enter the fray in terms of high-end collectibles. They have the passion for the franchises and the skills to sculpt these things. If only they could get the right factories to work for them.

At NECA they have someone who cares about the character; hence why the sculpts are top notch. Hot Toys has delivered on some top figures in the past but you can tell the ones that they don't have a huge passion for. They know they can keep on putting out rehashed Preds and still rake in the money.

With all the anouncements we have seen from NECA this week (and nothing new from Hot Toys) they are definitely the toy company to look for in this franchise.

From figures.com https://www.figures.com/forums/news/16029-sdcc12-neca-predator-2-a.html

"The upcoming Toys R Us exclusive battle-damaged City Hunter with breathing mask was also on display and release date is scheduled for 4th quarter 2012. The upcoming sixth assortment of Predators was also on display and are schedule to release later this year. A 7th assortment of Predators is planned to include the Red "Dead End", City Hunter (masked) and a Falconer (mid-cloaked) with falcon."

Masked City Hunter and mid-cloak Falconer(like Wolf ore like berserker is the big Q) not bad.

Not too keen on the "mid-cloaked" stuff...it just never looks good.

But, I'll definitely pick it up for the falcon.

The only "mid-cloaked" that looks half decent is the Wolf version.

The Berserker is really well done, but only looks good when used with the backdrop it came with.

Big Red is a surprise, but makes more sense that HT's Samurai Pred. Still hoping they go back and do the AVP preds.

@Karatka, yes AVP was amazing and pays off for Neca.

1 body sculpt, 6 possible Predator Figures.

From figures.com https://www.figures.com/forums/news/16029-sdcc12-neca-predator-2-a.html

"The upcoming Toys R Us exclusive battle-damaged City Hunter with breathing mask was also on display and release date is scheduled for 4th quarter 2012. The upcoming sixth assortment of Predators was also on display and are schedule to release later this year. A 7th assortment of Predators is planned to include the Red "Dead End", City Hunter (masked) and a Falconer (mid-cloaked) with falcon."

So I didn't really need to buy that stupid, expensive two pack this past holiday season?

So I didn't really need to buy that stupid, expensive two pack this past holiday season?

well you did and you didn't , if u didnt u wouldnt get the trophies it came with plus if you wanted it early too . much like the gort / guardian figure.

Back