NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a problem with the joints (keep them, but improve their quality of course), I mean there was once a time during which mainstream or low-end collectibles/toys were actually decent. Why such a thing is so hard to come by nowadays, I don't know.

yeah that's just what we need is NECA turning into McFarlane.
So, everyone hates McFarlane because their figures are more statue-like?
I didn't think so.

I prefer statues over figures anyway..But I'm sure I'll love NECA's new articulation.

I didn't think so.

I prefer statues over figures anyway..But I'm sure I'll love NECA's new articulation.

I dont hate Mcfarlane, but at this size I do prefer NECAs added articulation for a more action figure feel than rather a statue...again that is at this size.

Lone time no see guys:hi5:
I finally got my elder~~

f.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

Can't wait for p2 hunter:lol

yes, their statues sold considerably less than their articulated figures. which is why they stopped doing that with their big sellers like Halo and the new Walking Dead figures. the only statues they still make are the sports figures because sports collectors don't know the difference. NECA will tell you the same thing - statues don't sell like figures do. and if they stop making figures they'll end up forgotten in the clearance aisles like McFarlane did.
Lone time no see guys:hi5:
I finally got my elder~~

f.jpg
i've had at least 3 customizers on here tell me it's impossible to put face quills on this figure. how the hell did you do that?

I wouldn't want statues. My point was only that if they're going to continue to make figures that break at every joint they might aswell make them statues in the first place because after I've glued mine back together thats what they'll ultimately end up being anyways.

I wouldn't want statues. My point was only that if they're going to continue to make figures that break at every joint they might aswell make them statues in the first place because after I've glued mine back together thats what they'll ultimately end up being anyways.
quit breaking your figures. i dunno what else to tell you.
Tooth brush bristles perhaps?
i was gonna say optical fibers because that's what it looks like he used for the cannon lasers. but toothbrush bristles would look good too. but just think about how tough it would be to install them on a tiny figure like that. dude has to have hands like a surgeon.
Paint brush bristles
ah.

Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

quit breaking your figures. i dunno what else to tell you.

:rolleyes: Yeah. I do it on purpose just because its something I enjoy complaining about. And wow i sure wish i had been on hand to tell you to quit breaking all your mcfarlane figures. I mean, i can only assume it was your fault because, huh, mine were all fine.

Last edited:
Doesn't make any sense to me. Unless the only people who buy McFarlane merchandise are little kids.

I've always loved their Dragon statues. And I don't ever remember McFarlane having anything that had decent articulation. My McFarlane Predators are cool, but the articulation pretty much kills it for them.

Oh, well, the Dog Alien had pretty good articulation.

Dragons and Spawn Viking Ages... those were great. Not only that, but they came from an era where even the most articulated figures didn't fall apart in your hands!

Having that said, the articulation has to stay, since that's once of the biggest selling points. After seeing that Twitter picture showing off the P2's hip joints, do you really want them to get rid of it? Or would you rather they perfect it? I'm guessing the second.

There are plenty of accurate-looking P1 and P2 statues out there, so why not just buy those?

Didn't the articulation ruin the way the McF P2 looked?

Anyway, NECA is a lot better at the sculpt/articulation thing, so i'm not worried.

The paint is another story though. I hope, HOPE it's decent.

Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

:rolleyes: Yeah. I do it on purpose just because its something I enjoy complaining about. And wow i sure wish i had been on hand to tell you to quit breaking all your mcfarlane figures. I mean, i can only assume it was your fault because, huh, mine were all fine.
i'm sure you could've stopped them from being shipped with broken/missing parts in the package.
Didn't the articulation ruin the way the McF P2 looked?
no, that was just lousy sculpting. the only articulation i can think of that the McF P2 had that the NECA one doesn't is the pecs/shoulders. the AVP figures had the same thing and it looked fine on those.

Back