NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never take the chance. McFarlane destroyed my trust with figure companies and i immediately dunk every single non-high-end figure in hot water as soon as i get it. right out of the package. i don't move anything on them before they're good and soft so i can loosen any potentially stuck joints. since i started doing that, i don't have any broken figures now. might not be a bad habit to pick up.

Sounds like a pain in the arse but I'll give this a go.

it takes like a minute and it's much less hassle than replacing/repairing a brand new figure. it's kinda shocking how many people don't know to do this, cheap figures have been around for decades.

it takes like a minute and it's much less hassle than replacing/repairing a brand new figure. it's kinda shocking how many people don't know to do this, cheap figures have been around for decades.

Well coming from my altogether more positive experience with McFarlane figures than what you had, I didn't know that kind of $h!t was necessary. Also the first couple of series from NECAs T2 line didn't have any widespread brittle plastic problems or stuck joints - that crap didn't start happening till T2 series 3 and the Predators line. So it has seemed to me like NECA is gradually going backwards, better sculpts but the figures have been becoming more junky. "wow its broken before I've even opened it and the paintjob sucks. I'd expect better from a ___king happy meal toy"

I love the stuff NECA puts out but the brittle stuff bugs me.And its the same with Mattel DCUC line that I dropped cus of all the Breakages.

I understand that the price is only 14-18$ but its still money been paid so expecting to have to fix it yourself seems a bit much.

I love the stuff NECA puts out but the brittle stuff bugs me.And its the same with Mattel DCUC line that I dropped cus of all the Breakages.

I understand that the price is only 14-18$ but its still money been paid so expecting to have to fix it yourself seems a bit much.

neca qc has gone down,they mite be using cheaper plastic, since times are so hard.
but sloppy paint , comes from no qc at the factories, and cheap labor, who could care less.

neca qc has gone down,they mite be using cheaper plastic, since times are so hard.
but sloppy paint , comes from no qc at the factories, and cheap labor, who could care less.

People keep buying the figures though so I'm sure NECA will continue to push the crappy quality control to see how much they can get away with.

People keep buying the figures though so I'm sure NECA will continue to push the crappy quality control to see how much they can get away with.

sometimes you can luck up with neca figures, but here lately, it's a miracle if get a very good one with no qc problems.

Well I tells ye I've been very tempted to just pack them in. With all I'm spending on high end figures NECA, cheaper though it is, is still yet more stuff going on my credit card. And the combination of brittle plastics and sloppy paint is taking too much of the excitement out of collecting NECA. Maybe if it was one or the other I'd complain less but its both.

I wish their sculpts weren't so damn good because then it'd make the decision really easy. I don't think I want to miss all those Lost Predators though and Hot Toys may not make all of them. Likewise the Terminator figures.

I've had 1 Neca predator break... And it was because it fell off a high shelf and landed on a non-carpet floor. Otherwise, when you open them, just move them really gently.. If you find a stuck joint, hot water solves all the problems.

I've had 1 Neca predator break... And it was because it fell off a high shelf and landed on a non-carpet floor. Otherwise, when you open them, just move them really gently.. If you find a stuck joint, hot water solves all the problems.

does the hot water trick and moving them really gently work the same way,when their broke in the pack, not opened??

Otherwise, when you open them, just move them really gently.. If you find a stuck joint, hot water solves all the problems.

Well I've always had the first part covered :huh. Those youtube reviewers shock me with how they handle their figures in those articulation demonstrations. I'm amazed I haven't seen one where the figure breaks during the review.

Make a Petition in Facebook, Twitter ore here to Neca make a better QC, better Plastic and a better Paintjob. Good Sculpts are nod enough.

I love Terminator, Predator and Alien.
Tankman Sculpts are good ore fabtastic.
Figures like little Statues like the conan Figures are very nice.

Neca Figures are cheap, but with Repaints etc. this figures are a little expensive.

They won't do ____ if you make a petition.

They already said several months ago "AMG GUYS WE'RE SWITCHING TO A NEW AND BETTER FACTORY. SO EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE AMAZING NOW!!".

That didn't happen.

Isdthe this the new Fabric they made Series 3 ?
Ists better then the old, but nod god enough.

It must happen !
Crappy Quality of neca very bad.
I hate the vision of crappy City Hunter and Lost predators.
This is the first time that all Lost Predators are released.
And then everything fails at Necas lousy quality?
Damn !

I wish their sculpts weren't so damn good because then it'd make the decision really easy. I don't think I want to miss all those Lost Predators though and Hot Toys may not make all of them. Likewise the Terminator figures.

The Losties sculpts look fantastic but will they really look that good in hand? The 2 ups looked fantastic and were painted up really well. That's what Predator fans want and deserve.:lecture :wink1:

Back