NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC Exclusive Gort masked Pred in packaging...

necagort3.jpg

looks very good.

God the only poses you can get with that figure are ____ty as hell

:monkey2 You hurt my feelings lol. More articulation would have been great but I'm still very happy with figure but yeah I do wish I could get better poses out of him. All the other "dramatic" poses I tried looked wonky.

I didn't mean you personally, I have the figure and it's so hard to pose it.

Oh I know, I was just trying to be funny. I agree though it's hard to get him in a decent pose. The poses that would look cool are marred by the the swivel arms and legs.
NECA kinda made it with a set pose, but you just gotta work around it.

Here's mine:

necaavpr.jpg

Just gotta work the legs more...

Play around with the torso and head...

Move the arms on what looks best...

:)

That's how I keep mine, but more relaxed.
I.e., legs closer together, head turned more to the right, etc...

I hate it when I have a figure and his feet aren't fully on the ground like your wolf's current pose. Drives me crazy :gah:

That's how I keep mine, but more relaxed.
I.e., legs closer together, head turned more to the right, etc...

I hate it when I have a figure and his feet aren't fully on the ground like your wolf's current pose. Drives me crazy :gah:
Yeah, from past experience, the articulation on the ankle / foot joints have always been like this.

I can only push the joint on the figure so far unless I lessen the dramatic pose and that will keep the feet fully on the ground.

I remember seeing in this thread about the NECA Predator 2 with a double knee joint to allow better articulation...

Hopefully that will help out keeping the feet on the ground and still can have a dramatic pose.

On a side note: That's why I love the Revoltech figures as the ball joints allow for 360 deg moment.

Damn it!! Looking at the SDCC ex I noticed they named it classic! That's the original design of the P1, and classic is the design on Predators. Apparently NECA needs to pay attention to petty arguments :lol

so they are gonna be doing figures from AvP then? Ill get a Celtic Pred then as I missed grabbing it when that other company had the license.

Here's a pic of the Classic I got:

IMG_0008.jpg

SDCC Exclusive Gort masked Pred in packaging...

necagort3.jpg

I dunno, these look like two totally different factories to me. Assuming they didn't go all-out on their photo of Gort, it looks like that old Classic still came from the first factory. Gort looks great in this shot. I think part of the issues with the paint apps (besides unbelievable slop) is the puke-ish colors they chose. The exclusive shines in that department. Big improvement. :rock

so they are gonna be doing figures from AvP then? Ill get a Celtic Pred then as I missed grabbing it when that other company had the license.

NECA already stated that they have no interest in getting the AVP license. Real bummer, too; I know they'd kick McFarlane Toys' ass, just like they've been doing with P1 and P2.

Yeah, NECA's tryin to be all cool and stuff.. "Nah, we're badass Predator fans. We would never do anything from AvP... Cause we're cool, and stuff.".

NECA already stated that they have no interest in getting the AVP license. Real bummer, too; I know they'd kick McFarlane Toys' ass, just like they've been doing with P1 and P2.
the McFarlane toys are more than good enough for AVP. i'd rather NECA make stuff i'll actually buy. there's no point in wasting NECA's talent on kicking the AVP horse again since several other companies made collectibles from it. NECA has plenty of other licenses to work on. AVP was done to death, let it go.

I'm not a big fan of the AvP films either but those McFarlane figures certainly aren't what I'd call 'good enough'. Not by todays standards. They have nostalgiac appeal for some, I keep mine out of a sense of completism and as part of a 'history' of predator toys, but thats about it. They look bizarre in their proportions and have McFarlane's stupid clumped dreadlocks, crappy cut joints etc.

As to who would buy them - I dunno, I guess I can't say whether it'd be worthwhile for NECA on the whole - certainly a lot of people here would buy them. I think for some people its not about the particular film but the creatures themselves. So no matter if the film is crap people will buy the figures.

^ I really dislike the McFarlane AvPs. Only have one left and that's the Elder.

Scar and Celtic are shreded on the ground in my backyard somewhere... :lol

I can see people who aren't huge super ultra mega fans being very attracted to the AvP Preds.. I don't think it'd be a bad idea for NECA.

Hmmm.

So, in a year's time when they finish the P2 Lost Hunters NECA are going to cease making Predator figures...?

Regardless of their current position, I could see the decision being reconsidered if the P2 line sells well.

Back