NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

IS that just the paint of did they change the expresion?

Mine looks plain relaxed face but that has quite a squint on it.

No idea just what happened, but bottom line, NECA's 7" figures don't equal the 2 ups and I think people should understand and be aware of that before they expect to buy 7" Predators and have them look like these display models.

No idea just what happened, but bottom line, NECA's 7" figures don't equal the 2 ups and I think people should understand and be aware of that before they expect to buy 7" Predators and have them look like these display models.
solution - make 1:6 figures.

just sayin'.

P2 hasn't been sculpted yet and I hope to start it soon.

Hopefully you'll get more later.

Hopefully more Alien stuff to still come later.

Do you mean in the next few days or throughout the year? Are you guys spacing out the reveals at Toyfair?

solution - make 1:6 figures.

Even their 12" figures don't look as good as the 12 inch prototypes, it's like Sideshow, the proto painters do much nicer work than the factory guys. The 12" versions look better than the 7", but these 2 ups set the bar real high and I haven't seen a production figure meet that bar.

I thought the released terminator figures whre brilliant. Excellent paint and likeness for £10-£15. Still excited from these I don't expect them to be quite as good as the proto 2ups but thats the same with most companies in this price range.

I thought the released terminator figures whre brilliant. Excellent paint and likeness for £10-£15. Still excited from these I don't expect them to be quite as good as the proto 2ups but thats the same with most companies in this price range.

That's exactly what I'm saying, they'll turn out nice, I love the T2 figures, but people shouldn't get hopes up for them to look just as nice as these 2 ups is all.

Thanks so much and I would hope to see these guys in the larger scale.

me too, i think if these were sold like sculptures, i would be interested, 7in tall.........not so much :angelsmil

We are already aware of the quality. Kyle has said numerous times that it depends on what they get back from China. Still it's a fantastic base sculpt, even if China screws up the paint. I could conceivable commission someone to repaint the figure.

6 years ago maybe and it would be great but the cost would make it a big if.

we buy hot toys and sideshow, so most of us collectors are willing to pay a higher price. to get what we have wanted to see made such a long, long time.i hope to at least see 1/6 scale predators from these great figures.

Problem is, NECA relies on high and and low end collectors and I'm sure some things will strike them as not worth the expense to make because they won't recoup enough in sales. A lot of die hards and serious collectors might by a trophy wall diorama, but the casual teenage kid walking into a comic shop or places like that who'd pick up a cool creature figure for $10-$15 probably wouldnt' care about a diorama that costs $25 or more.

IMG_7832.JPG
IMG_7833.JPG

Looking good even for an "Ugly Mother ____er"! Both of the NECA heads look outstanding :rock These really need to come out in 1/6th scale. Really nice sculpts, hope the paintjob will be good too...
Doesen't really matter what I think, but comparing to these even the HT sculpt kinda looks a bit silly now? but I was always a bit dissappointed with it anyways...

Last edited:

Problem is, NECA relies on high and and low end collectors and I'm sure some things will strike them as not worth the expense to make because they won't recoup enough in sales. A lot of die hards and serious collectors might by a trophy wall diorama, but the casual teenage kid walking into a comic shop or places like that who'd pick up a cool creature figure for $10-$15 probably wouldnt' care about a diorama that costs $25 or more.
i seem to recall paying $40+ for a certain Hellraiser boxed set that came with a sweet diorama made by a certain toy company...

no reason that can't be a box full of predators with a trophy wall. i'd pay way more for that.

wow! Elder? That is a nice piece to add to the collection. I love them. The alternate heads is a nice touch as well... I'm buying multiples of each :)

And I paid for NECA's Halloween diorama set, but those also came out at different economic times and may still not have been as successful as lone figures, and those were earlier in NECA's lifetime. The closest I can think of in recent years is the Michael Myers 2pack.

Oooh! Very nice! Very nice indeed!

I still like the HT Preds overall, due to the articulation, and cloth parts. But the NECA heads are significantly better. Awesome job kyle!

i seem to recall paying $40+ for a certain Hellraiser boxed set that came with a sweet diorama made by a certain toy company...

no reason that can't be a box full of predators with a trophy wall. i'd pay way more for that.

if neca had to ,they could sell the trophy wall separate without predator figures, or as a internet store exclusive box set. it would sell.

you even got the elder's accessories right. AND the armor.
the ht version was missing all kinds of stuff and you nailed it.
i can't wait to see the finished products. i just wish they were 1:6.

oh and MORE P2 LOST PREDS.

Actually, the Elder's armor isn't quite right.

The plasma caster is missing the laser sight on top of it.

I've always said that NECA could do a high-er end line of figures.
Make them in 1/6 scale where the high end part of the business is nowadays, get better factories for the paint apps and QC issues, make fancier collector-friendly packaging, add some kind of base with a plaque and you're all set.
Sculpt-wise they have the quality, so I'm sure we would all pay more for better paint apps and better overall packaging and presentation.

That's one idea, the other possibility is to offer their best-sellers as a limited run of statues. Again, get much better factories dealing with the paint apps and make some awesome packaging and cool bases and you could charge a lot of money for them, provided you could get prototype level paint apps.

Back