NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

Actually, the Elder's armor isn't quite right.

The plasma caster is missing the laser sight on top of it.
yeah i know. it's such a prominent aspect too. it's basically the 1st thing you see of the character.
but at least kyle's cannon isn't all smooshed up next to the head like the ht figure.
plus, it's actually the right color.

dear mr. tankman.
this is all very cool, really nice preds, but please pay attention that Grayback's armor is not just a copy of P1 armor.
it has another right wristblade (partly from P2), and it has totally another heaps-and-pants area.
and it has no shoes.
please do not repeat the HT mistakes if you already decided to make movie-like predators. they did all of them except the genitals area armor.

dear mr. tankman.
this is all very cool, really nice preds, but please pay attention that Grayback's armor is not just a copy of P1 armor.
it has another right wristblade (partly from P2), and it has totally another heaps-and-pants area.
and it has no shoes.
please do not repeat the HT mistakes if you already decided to make movie-like predators. they did all of them except the genitals area armor.

What are you talking about?

Another right wrist blade?

Pic please.

dear mr. tankman.
and it has no shoes.

In some ways, the Elder may have to be made from P1 parts, since they're so similar. NECA often recycles parts to save on production costs, so anywhere that can be reused between P1 and P2 Elder without being glaringly innaccurrate will likely be reused to save money. They're $15 figures, they get great work but certain liberties are taken because they are still a bit low end.

Predator 2 Elder :rock Been wanting one for ever! Now can have a 12" one :borg

No you cant. They arent making a 12 inch one. You'll get a 7 inch one. Or a 18 inch one.

Predator 2 Elder :rock Been wanting one for ever! Now can have a 12" one :borg

At the moment, it's just a 12" prototype to make the 7" figures from. NECA may release it as 12", but if any Predator is released 12" it'll be the P1 first as that'd be the better seller to the broad market.

Agreed, I think Aliens and Predators would turn out to be 12" and not 1/6.

There isn't even certainty of an 18" Elder, right now, 7" is all you can really count on, just be aware.

i think a 12 inch elder would sell as good as a 12 inch predator,
because so many missed getting the hot toys elder p2.

These look awesome, that closed mouth P1 is an awesome sculpt....WOW!!!!

As picky as collectors are, I doubt they'd run into stores to buy a 12" Neca Elder Pred if it's not gonna "match" their HT Pred's. Plus, these are only for 7" figs at the moment, it's funny to see people work themselves up for 12", 18", and dio's already:lol

...it's funny to see people work themselves up for 12", 18", and dio's already:lol

I agree COMPLETELY.

People are going to whine and moan if they're 12" or 18" just because they don't fit with their Hot Toys figures.

Which is really ridiculous.

The problem with that is, a lot of the same type of folks who'd want the HT Elder and don't have also turn their nose up at the idea of NECA figures that they can't be in their collections with HT figures. There will be some, like myself, who would like a 12" Elder to compensate for the HT one, but I'm not sure there's enough customers to justify NECAs expense producing the figure. Die hards know the Elder and would want it, but NECA's products cater to die hards and casual fans alike and casual fans will think the Elder's like an inferior P1 variant or something and won't even know who he is, and once the die hards have bought theres, NECA could be left with too many unsold units. It's game of estimating demand for certain things, and with NECA knowing Hot Toys has already made 12" sized P1 and P2 Elder, who knows if they'll do either, they might think neither of them are worth making because someone else already has. We'll just have to wait and see. At least we'll be getting both of these at 7".

As picky as collectors are, I doubt they'd run into stores to buy a 12" Neca Elder Pred if it's not gonna "match" their HT Pred's. Plus, these are only for 7" figs at the moment, it's funny to see people work themselves up for 12", 18", and dio's already:lol

That's the problem with Toy Fair, even though it gets online press, it's really an industry show, so companies like NECA only have 12" 2 ups on display because the rest of the industry gets how they work and knows those will be converted into NECA's standard 7" format, but without that being made clear when photos are posted from the show, it leads people to think that 12" versions are going to be made.

i'm just hoping,who knows it's possible they mite make them.
they would go so well with my neca 12 inch terminators.if not, i will settle for the 7 inch one's.and still be thankful and happy , what we did get from neca.

Those look incredible! Now only if the paint will translate to the production piece. So Tankman, will these figures come with the netting sculpted, or actual netting like the pics?? LOVE the netting.

Back