NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On some exenplares(or all ?) you sea the joints behind the diapers.

7:39 and 9:20:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZ7Icyj5SM[/ame]

Its really sad, his upper body looks nice.

I hope for a 1/4 Version Neca find a solution and makes the skin and eye texture better(for 1/4 conditions).

It would be cool when Neca make further 7" versions of Dutch for the diaper haters(or ministatues like MotU).

The things people complain about really amaze me. Diaper pants? You want the ball joints with the articulation, don't you? Get over it.

The things people complain about really amaze me. Diaper pants? You want the ball joints with the articulation, don't you? Get over it.

he looks like he is wearing diapers.

I never asked for leg articulation like that.

On some exenplares(or all ?) you sea the joints behind the diapers.

7:39 and 9:20

OK but the legs can be rotated on those joints to hide them. They just don't happen to be in those particular parts of the video. If I rotate the legs outwards, yes I can see the green balljoint, but for poses like 'just standing there', 'stepping over trip-wires' or walking forward with gun at the ready' you can easily hide the joints. And let your brain tell you that the remaining lines and shadow of the diaper are the result of 'folds' in the trousers.

Personally I think you and crows would be making mistake in passing on the Dutch figures all because of the hip joints.

If you were to only get one of the series 8 Dutch's which one would you snag? The Patrol Dutch or the Extraction Dutch? I need to cut back on some of my figure funds. Or should I wait for the series 9 releases of Dutch? I picked up the new predator and plan on getting the Water Emergence Hunter Predator.

Thanks

If you were to only get one of the series 8 Dutch's which one would you snag? The Patrol Dutch or the Extraction Dutch? I need to cut back on some of my figure funds. Or should I wait for the series 9 releases of Dutch? I picked up the new predator and plan on getting the Water Emergence Hunter Predator.

Thanks

Hmmm, I think I would get the extraction Dutch since it would be different enough from the series 9 movie-poster Dutch. Patrol Dutch is a kind of 'in-between' look.

Having said that I consider them all must haves.

Hmmm, I think I would get the extraction Dutch since it would be different enough from the series 9 movie-poster Dutch. Patrol Dutch is a kind of 'in-between' look.

Having said that I consider them all must haves.

Thanks, I was thinking the same too since the Jungle Patrol Dutch looks just like the series 9 Encounter Dutch but just without the camo tank top underneath the vest.

Got my Dutch figures, some older wave figures and a Macfarlanr diorama. Sweet!

Wrong turn :)

null-5.jpg

null-6.jpg

he looks like he is wearing diapers.

I never asked for leg articulation like that.

I didn't really mean you specifically, crows. Just the naggers in general. I get the whole 'diaper pants' thing, but we're adults here. We can get over it and accept this awesome figure for what it is, can't we?

@a-dev, I sea so many videos an pics and always I see this effect.

And without this effect, you sea the seperate parts of his pants/joints, that make this diaper look. Rambo looks more worse with this.

When I saw the pics of the joints(prototypes) I disapointed.

That is the big problem with joints, you can not hide this, especially on this areas.

Compare this with the nice, realistic look of the T-800 pescadero escape(pants).
From the sculpt, it looks very nice, a little bit like a statue. Dutch looks like a toy.

I dont make mistake, when I sea this figure, I must every sea this diaper toy look. Thats is not ästhetically.

Its pretty sad, I dont hope that Neca make this forever.

A solution was a joint under the pants. Neca make this on the shorts of the Rocky figures. I think thats is possible they make this with long pants.
Or they make two versions of the figures. Ironically the joints are so expensive on figures.

Of course Dutch has joints. It's a ~$20 action figure, not a statue that costs hundreds!
Such incredible detail, the best figure I've seen.

sorry, but this is false, joints have nothing to do with the price ! On the contrary, joints are very expensive in the production, the figures are cheaper without it.

Since when you collect figures?

There are many figures without this kind of visible joints.

For example: McFarlane Terminator 3 , Neca Terminator 2 , Neca the Terminator , Neca Conan , Neca the Crow , Neca 300, Neca Sin City, Neca PotC, Mcfarlane the Godfather, Neca Silence of the Lambs Hannibal Lecter, Neca Army of Darkness, Neca Nightmare on Elm Street and some many other lines. This kind of joints are a trend since few years.

Well, I can live with this particular joint-type on Dutch. I don't think it takes so much away from an overall amazing little figure.

However if you don't like it, you don't like it. As I said my biggest beef when it comes to joints is the ball-joint head (seperated head and neck) - particularly on high-end ''more realistic'' figures.

It all comes down to how you look at the figures. I think for folks like a-dev and myself, we see NECA as just affordable action figures and see the joints as opportunity for more posability and just see the overall pose we can get because of it. For others, I feel like NECA is seen more like an affordable statue maker, especially their older figures with minimal joints and for those folks any style of joint is going to jump out at them more than the look of the whole figure.

Thanks, I was thinking the same too since the Jungle Patrol Dutch looks just like the series 9 Encounter Dutch but just without the camo tank top underneath the vest.

Hate to say it, but my intention is to buy the Patrol dutch BECAUSE its a 'tweener' of the two. I don't need 3 dutches, so my plan is to buy the Jungle Patrol only. Maybe I'm weird though. They are all insanely impressive.

It all comes down to how you look at the figures. I think for folks like a-dev and myself, we see NECA as just affordable action figures and see the joints as opportunity for more posability and just see the overall pose we can get because of it. For others, I feel like NECA is seen more like an affordable statue maker, especially their older figures with minimal joints and for those folks any style of joint is going to jump out at them more than the look of the whole figure.

Essentially yes. Perhaps if NECA were the only thing I was collecting I'd find myself equally as pissed about the joints as Rider is. However I'm also collecting Hot Toys and Enterbay in 1:6 and 1:4 and I have less tolerance for ugly joints on otherwise lifelike figures such as those than I do for joints on a much smaller plastic figure.

Back