NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think that pose is contorted you should see the Legendary Scale Figure pose from ADI lol.
Seriously the Neca fig is just standing there not contorted at all compared to the LSF.
I actually prefer posed figures with little articulation but hey I'm a statue collector first lol.

it just looks weird. I cannot do anything with it. Wolf looks so dumb.

Yeah with the number of wolfs out there it would be nice to be able to make a different pose.

I see 7 maybe 8 versions...
masked
masked damaged
unmasked roaring
unmasked roaring damaged
unmasked closed mouth
half cloaked
cloaked

maybe there's unmasked closed mouth damaged too lol... that would make 8

I seriously HATE that pose they gave him.

One of the biggest wtf? moments from NECA for me. he might as well be a little statue,
this is just like when McFarlane used to do figures in poses...
I will never understand why they did Wolf with that weird contorted pose like that.
I would seriously love to know why they make it that way...

It was their first Predator....

All for Harrigan, as I've posted several times over the years on this thread.
One sculpt, with some minor changes, can go a long way which is definitely NECA's MO.

Detective Mike Harrigan - shirt, tie, slacks and loaded to the teeth with the various guns he used throughout the film.

Battle-damaged Harrigan - torn shirt/sleeves, dirted up and with the Predator disc weapon and harness along with some guns.

Final Encounter Harrigan - like the battle-damaged version but covered in the white soot from the Predator ship and includes Elder's gun.

I seriously HATE that pose they gave him.

One of the biggest wtf? moments from NECA for me. he might as well be a little statue,
this is just like when McFarlane used to do figures in poses...
I will never understand why they did Wolf with that weird contorted pose like that.
I would seriously love to know why they make it that way...

Yeah, now that you mentioned it...

NECA should have just made it like the other Predators (non pre posed).

Yeah, now that you mentioned it...

NECA should have just made it like the other Predators (non pre posed).

Celtic mentioned Wolf was their first predator. But even if, that pose they gave him is ridiculous. Specially the torso, I really don't know what they were basing their sculpt on, but looks super weird. The arms are posed wrong, the legs won't stand up.

Wolf is a complete mess.

blog_neca_wolf_masked.jpg

FIGopen.jpg

avp_s2_face_2.jpg

e8e555c2bf.jpg

Pretty sure NECA have done this...

And I know they have, cause I got Masked and Unmasked Open Mouth.

I meant NECA should make a Wolf 2.0 (And they will as Randy has hinted at). Like everyone else said, the old Wolf is pretty bad with that predetermined pose and lack of articulation (Mine has fallen down so many times, I just gave up on him and put him in the closet after getting tired of super-gluing broken weapons/blades). NECA has come a long way with their Preds and I think a new Wolf would be incredible. The design is awesome and could make for some great shelf display if redone better.

Celtic mentioned Wolf was their first predator. But even if, that pose they gave him is ridiculous. Specially the torso, I really don't know what they were basing their sculpt on, but looks super weird. The arms are posed wrong, the legs won't stand up.

Wolf is a complete mess.

I meant NECA should make a Wolf 2.0 (And they will as Randy has hinted at). Like everyone else said, the old Wolf is pretty bad with that predetermined pose and lack of articulation (Mine has fallen down so many times, I just gave up on him and put him in the closet after getting tired of super-gluing broken weapons/blades). NECA has come a long way with their Preds and I think a new Wolf would be incredible. The design is awesome and could make for some great shelf display if redone better.

True, true! :)

He does look awkward, even just packed in the box it comes in.

So yeah I guess it would be good if NECA did a re-release with no pre posed bodies.

Full update on body shape / sculpt / paint / articulation / accessories etc.

I got my Wolf looking quite good, I'd say:

necaavpr.jpg

Just worked with what I had.

in the right pose neca's wolf looks very good, but i'm looking forward to an updated one, as the updated elder p2.

I'll take an updated masked one. Not sure how many variants I need though.

PS am i the only one that uses Figure stands? I hardly see them in anyones pics lol.

yeah good point. They should come with something nice like the mcfarlans. I bit the bullet and ordered some clear stands. I wish the star wars ones would have worked as I have plenty of those but the peg is too small.

yeah good point. They should come with something nice like the mcfarlans. I bit the bullet and ordered some clear stands. I wish the star wars ones would have worked as I have plenty of those but the peg is too small.

Where'd you order them? For my future referance. The amount of figures I have that can't stand up because their legs were warped by the packaging etc etc. Nothing looks worse than having to lean a figure against the wall of the shelf.

in the right pose neca's wolf looks very good, but i'm looking forward to an updated one, as the updated elder p2.

Agreed, the problem is there are only a few of those right poses, today's NECA figures are so much more versatile for poses, I'm glad the days of nearly statue figures are over, especially where the manufacturer does not always select the best pose. It's also fun to make each figure feel like yours as not a total carbon copy of everyone else's.

Back