NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

Can't wait for these puppies! They'll go great with my NECA Giger Alien and Warrior Alien.
But this leaves one question... where the heck's my Doggy? I bet they'd do a MUCH better job than McF on that one.
Even their Wolf was better than any McF Pred I've seen. Seems they picked up the ball from where Todd dropped it.

It's really easy to pick up the ball that's for sure. I'm hoping we get Alien 3 and give the fans a figure they should've gotten 7 years ago. Such a shame the guys at McFarlane didn't really care at all about film accurarte figures. I'm not a fan of the movie Alien 3 but Tom Woodruff himself told me it would make his day if we would make a new figure of it. Tom and Alec both were really unhappy with all the McFarlane figures of their work.
I'm looking at our new Predator figure right now and if China comes through on this figure fans that like film accurte figures will really enjoy this guy. As a huge fan myself this prototype is a dream come true for me. Maybe Alien 3 will happen. I'm hoping for the queen myself. Alien and Predators take forever to sculpt but in the end it's way worth it I think. They're just so freaking cool.

You should have told Tom and Alec tough luck, you get crappy figures for walking away from Giger's original design :lol

It's really easy to pick up the ball that's for sure. I'm hoping we get Alien 3 and give the fans a figure they should've gotten 7 years ago. Such a shame the guys at McFarlane didn't really care at all about film accurarte figures. I'm not a fan of the movie Alien 3 but Tom Woodruff himself told me it would make his day if we would make a new figure of it. Tom and Alec both were really unhappy with all the McFarlane figures of their work.
I'm looking at our new Predator figure right now and if China comes through on this figure fans that like film accurte figures will really enjoy this guy. As a huge fan myself this prototype is a dream come true for me. Maybe Alien 3 will happen. I'm hoping for the queen myself. Alien and Predators take forever to sculpt but in the end it's way worth it I think. They're just so freaking cool.

Can you tell us what kind of articulation these will have?

Better than the Wolf Pred figure?

And I REALLY hope you guys can do an Alien 3 figure.
That would be great!

Hey Kyle! Any more Terminator hints or news? All this Predator talk has left us Termie fans in the dark.

ps I think you guys are making the Runner Alien and the Queen...just being coy about it ;-)

Neca BladeRunner..please make it happend!.

Kyle, I'm sure your P1 pred will blow everything else away!
I know your passion for the character, and I know how long you've been waiting to sculpt it.

And I still have my fingers crossed for more aliens and a "DX" of your Giger Alien in 1/6 scale!

No. It wont blow the HT figure away. Nothing on this earth will ever blow it away.

:D

I love my P1 so much.

The NECA P1 could best the HT figure visually because of the benefits of their different styles.

NECA figures are jointed in such a way, or even lack joints, that allow for a more accurrate body build and construction, where HT figures use full atriculated bodies and certain license is taken with parts to accommodate the ability to be articulated as it is.

I agree though, please don't articulate anymore Predators like the Wolf, Wolf was a sharp looking figure but the posability wasn't so great, and the actual chosen gesture was a bit strange.

I'm confident though, that in the right hands the P1 and P2 would be sculpted in a pose that's a fair representation of the creature from each film.

A Predator is a creature that is quite boring as a statue. Articulation is a must. Therefor, Hot Toys rules in that catagory.

I disagree, the Sideshow Predator and Predator 2 dios look really nice. They key is, if you're going to be statuesque, you have to choose the right depiction.

I'd also add the Sideshow 1/4 and Cinemaquette Predators look great.

Well, since I hate statues, I would too disagree. I dont like people picking the poses for me, thankyouverymuch.

Tankman,
Is there going to be a Elder predator 2 made? and any 1/6 scale predators?

Wolf was a sharp looking figure but the posability wasn't so great, and the actual chosen gesture was a bit strange.

I can't remember if I have a Wolf figure. I know I have the mid-cloaking/decloaking version but I honestly can't recall whether I bought a normal version. My stuffs boxed away.

I have the unmasked Neca wolf predator, aside from the seam on the face(which does not bother me as much as it does for others) i think this figure is the best Predator figure made in this scale to date.The paint applications on it are pretty sharp and intricate for such a small figure.I am looking forward to Neca's next serving of Predators.

The NECA P1 could best the HT figure visually because of the benefits of their different styles.

NECA figures are jointed in such a way, or even lack joints, that allow for a more accurrate body build and construction, where HT figures use full atriculated bodies and certain license is taken with parts to accommodate the ability to be articulated as it is.

I agree though, please don't articulate anymore Predators like the Wolf, Wolf was a sharp looking figure but the posability wasn't so great, and the actual chosen gesture was a bit strange.

I'm confident though, that in the right hands the P1 and P2 would be sculpted in a pose that's a fair representation of the creature from each film.

The wolf was a good figure but the Predator 1 should be much better. If we can were going for a better articuated figure this time. HT's is a great figure for that but to me it should be a better sculpt. I own it and love it but the likeness isn't all that great. Aticulation on it rules and it's a way fun figure. Our prototype looks so nice and we want and hope we'll get to articulate the figure the way were planning too. The sculpt on this Predator took longer than my Alien and it's a better sculpt. I'm looking forward to seeing how HT's will handle the new Predators from the new movie. Maybe they'll give them a new body sculpt.

The wolf was a good figure but the Predator 1 should be much better. If we can were going for a better articuated figure this time. HT's is a great figure for that but to me it should be a better sculpt. I own it and love it but the likeness isn't all that great. Aticulation on it rules and it's a way fun figure. Our prototype looks so nice and we want and hope we'll get to articulate the figure the way were planning too. The sculpt on this Predator took longer than my Alien and it's a better sculpt. I'm looking forward to seeing how HT's will handle the new Predators from the new movie. Maybe they'll give them a new body sculpt.

Please no mid-bicep cuts or mid-thigh cuts.

Those are the worst articulation points ever!

Tankman,
Is there going to be a Elder predator 2 made? and any 1/6 scale predators?

We'll see and for me the Elder is the best Predator ever. You can never get enough Predators in my book. It's been hard the last two months working on Predators but I think we'll make Predator fans real happy. One thing for sure is this, not one Predator figure out there has the backpack and gun accurate on any predator figures. Not Sideshow, CM or HT's. I think we nailed it at long last on this figure. I tried very hard to make it look like Kevin Peter Hall is back and ready for action.

Please no mid-bicep cuts or mid-thigh cuts.

Those are the worst articulation points ever!

I hear that and how about a NECA Alien 3 way articulated? I hate the movie but want us to make the figure. The Queen first though. I'm hoping anyway now that the Predator is on his way.

Well, since I hate statues, I would too disagree. I dont like people picking the poses for me, thankyouverymuch.

Really, I thought you were in love with the McFarlane Alien. I guess things change but sometimes that's a good thing.

Back