NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

That would be cool but I kinda hated his character in the film.

I agree, he was trying to hard to be Johnny Badass...he just got in the way.

I thought Keys was the perfect _______, interesting on screen, but you kept waiting for him to bite it, and a severed head was a great death.

I agree, he was trying to hard to be Johnny Badass...he just got in the way.

Harrigan the character is cool with me, but wished they would've used somebody else besides Danny Glover. Keyes rocked:rock

Yea really?, like who? Wesley Snipes?..i think really you could have used anyone for that role.He probally had 5x the lines Arnold had in P1 as well.

Yea really?, like who? Wesley Snipes?..i think really you could have used anyone for that role.He probally had 5x the lines Arnold had in P1 as well.

Plenty of non african lead actors. Take your pic

Really?, this guys not like Lil Wayne,Denis Rodman,Tupac or some crap like that..i had no problem with Glover in the role, the weakest links were the people on his team,thats were the real bad acting came in.

I wouldn't chalk up Harrigan's team to bad acting as more bad writing. The goofy jokes from The Lone Ranger, Bill Paxton's not a bad actor, but I don't think anyone was going to deliver those gags and not come off a bit foolish.

I actually think Glover is a big factor in that movie being alright to watch. With most of the screen time spent around Harrigan and crew, you needed a lead that could actually have some humanity and performance, which Glover brought. Glover, Busey and Paxton were fine castings, it was the script and unusual world in which the story took place that I found holding P2 back a bit. King Willy was cool, but the whole concept of the tribal drug gangs working the inner city and the voodoo attacks and all that, it just doesn't seem believable, even in a fictional story about an unknown future, it just seemed very out of context, like civilized and uncivilized culture in the same space and they just didn't belong together.

Really?, this guys not like Lil Wayne,Denis Rodman,Tupac or some crap like that..i had no problem with Glover in the role, the weakest links were the people on his team,thats were the real bad acting came in.

You missed my point. Glover doesn't have to be replaced by another black actor, just someone younger and more believable in the role. Predators are supposed to hunt down the toughest SOB's on our planet, not some damn near 50 year old cop:lol But I guess they did it just to have someone completely opposite of Arnie in the sequel:confused: Whatever it is, we'll agree to disagree

You are not making sense to me, where do you expect the Predator to show up at? Mr Olympia competition?.Hell, if they look for the toughest SOB's then i guess they should have went to a Army base and caused ruckuss.

White, black,Chiney whatever! lol..Glover was fine, i think since Arnold was the first to battle a Predator, the fans only expected that some roided dude was the only thing that could stand toe to toe with a Predator which i think is BS.

You are not making sense to me, where do you expect the Predator to show up at? Mr Olympia competition?.Hell, if they look for the toughest SOB's then i guess they should have went to a Army base and caused ruckuss.

White, black,Chiney whatever! lol..Glover was fine, i think since Arnold was the first to battle a Predator, the fans only expected that some roided dude was the only thing that could stand toe to toe with a Predator which i think is BS.

Anytime showed up in a jungle warzone, Pu$$yface showed up in an urban warzone. You bringing up Mr. Olympia clearly shows me you're the one not making sense and there's no point furthering this discussion:lol

I perceived the Predator chasing Harrigan not as a physical match but for psychological, that he was smart and clever, which is ultimately how he beat the Predator, it wasn't power. It was a match of who was most clever/crafty.

I liked Glover in the movie. Snipes could have done as good as job but it didn't need him. I thought they could have replaced the Dutch character with any of those actors whose main job is to be the 'muscular action hero' first and a good actor second. People like Van Damme, Steve Segall maybe Hulk Hogan but that would be pushing it. Arnold was great in it but he didn't have to do a lot to do unlike Glover which is probably for the best for him.

Realy cool news when are those predator figures coming out????
the OFFICIAL release date for the movie is july 9th. but, the avp movies were rightfully panned by critics and the box office suffered.
so, my spider-sense says it will get pushed back till at least late august with all the other movies that studios lose money on.

in other words, don't start holding your breath for merchandise yet.

i hope they do elder predator 2.
and do these in 1/6 as well.

PICS?
I see nothing through that link.

Read the first post:lol Unveiling at Toy fair next week. Hopefully, we get some sort of sneak peak sometime this week

I perceived the Predator chasing Harrigan not as a physical match but for psychological, that he was smart and clever, which is ultimately how he beat the Predator, it wasn't power. It was a match of who was most clever/crafty.

Well put. That's exactly how I see it, too.

Can't wait for these puppies! They'll go great with my NECA Giger Alien and Warrior Alien.
But this leaves one question... where the heck's my Doggy? I bet they'd do a MUCH better job than McF on that one.
Even their Wolf was better than any McF Pred I've seen. Seems they picked up the ball from where Todd dropped it.

Back