NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Dio Jayrod! Would you be willing to add a window or maybe a little vegetation?

Sallah, will it be Taylor or another pilot?

Does anyone know why we have not gotten any humans for this line?
When does series 3 come out?
There is a window behind the Soldier on the elevatrd platform. He covers it up in both pictures. I'll add a photo.

Received my second Cornelius in and my first Zira from Neca's Amazon. I have to say I think Zira is my least favorite so far. What's throwing it off for me is that the head is Giant. Sculpt and paint is nice but not feeling her. Still I'm glad to have her in the collection now. I have both Series 1 and 2 with the Toys R Us 2 Pack and extras. Still waiting for Series 3 to show up. My Retro Taylor shipped so will be here Friday and will be ordering the Retro Gorilla Soldier very soon and after that the lawgiver should be shipping out.

Nice Jayrod!!! Do you plan on making more of a ape city maybe??? Looks good! Also I agree with you sticks we need one humans!! every POTA line ever made always had at least Taylor and I don't consider the 8 inch megos as part of the regular line. So yeah where's the bloody humans!!!!

Nice Jayrod!!! Do you plan on making more of a ape city maybe??? Looks good! Also I agree with you sticks we need one humans!! every POTA line ever made always had at least Taylor and I don't consider the 8 inch megos as part of the regular line. So yeah where's the bloody humans!!!!

Yes. I will slowly add to is as more are released. I am planning a workshop for Cornelius and Zira. It would be nice to have a Taylor to sit in and show them what a paper air plane can do.

Yes. I will slowly add to is as more are released. I am planning a workshop for Cornelius and Zira. It would be nice to have a Taylor to sit in and show them what a paper air plane can do.

A Slave Taylor at that.

I hope this link works. I painted the rework of the Zira I did. It is actually in Mego scale since the NECA Zira is so bobble-headed. Anyway, she is fantastic!! Really excited. Can't believe I made her. There is no way I was going to live with the Zira that was manufactured. My rework has already been sculpted/sized down properly to the appropriate NECA scale, and I am also going to make a mini-me in NECA scale. I just have to make a mold and a wax cast to test for flaws. Super excited. I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight. LOL!!

Last edited:
Awesome work Jessica. Also I got my pouches in the mail great work thanks! Also will you be making any of your New sculpts for sale in the future???

Jessica fantastic work! I agree the Neca Zira's head is just sooooo bobble head like. Really look forward to seeing more from you! So talented!

Nice work Jessica!! I hope to receive the 4 Gorilla soldiers that I ordered on 3/8 tomorrow.

Sallah, can you please tell us what figure you used as the base for your ANSA astronaut, and where did you get the flag, ANSA stickers?

Though I still have some minor tweaks to do (printed "Taylor" nametag, paint touchups, etc), my custom NECA scale Taylor in ANSA astronaut suit is just about ready to go! :)

Taylor began as an Art Asylum Star Trek Casual Kirk, which I resculpted and repainted to match the ANSA suit. I just found the flag & ANSA patch images online, then resized, printed, and affixed them to the body. The head comes from the Medicom Slave Taylor. The pack comes straight off the 8" NECA Taylor with no modifications.

Sallah

Last edited:
Though I still have some minor tweaks to do (printed "Taylor" nametag, paint touchups, etc), my custom NECA scale Taylor in ANSA astronaut suit is just about ready to go! :)

Taylor began as an Art Asylum Star Trek Casual Kirk, which I resculpted and repainted to match the ANSA suit. I just found the flag & ANSA patch images online, then resized, printed, and affixed them to the body. The head comes from the Medicom Slave Taylor. The pack comes straight off the 8" NECA Taylor with no modifications.

Sallah

Awesome kitbash Sallah, Congratulations on the awesome figure!

Fantastic Taylor!... Why oh why can't Neca give us one! Email the pic to them and remind them we all want one!

I was thinking about using an Enterprise body for the base of mine, because the suit is already covered in pockets and zips (The boots would take some work though) and having the front flap hanging open, but that just happens to be my favourite version of the Ansa suit, certainly not a deficiency in yours which is amazing. I bet its not going to be cheap trying to source one of those medicom heads though!

My son and I received our 8" Retro Gorillas yesterday.

IMG_2576.JPG

Unfortunately, my son's Gorilla has a problem. The right boot appears to have been mounted on the figure at the wrong spot... about 90 degrees off.

IMG_2581.JPG

I've tried to use a hair dryer to heat up the boot and rotate it but the boot appears to be glued down.

Not sure what to do at this point.

The Retro Gorilla Soldier looks awesome! Definitely need to pick one up soon. For now taking a little Ape break and waiting for the Lawgiver to come. I did receive in my Ape Day purchase which was the Retro Astronaut Taylor. I have to say what an outstanding piece. The sculpt is spot on and everything else is so well done including the paint! Only issue mine came was on his left hand there is a bit of a paint smug. Other than that it's perfect. Excellent job Neca!

Although NECA has confirmed Season 3 will happen, It does not look as if it is going to happen anytime too soon. I am just wondering how accessable this series will be? Indications based on the toy fair report and twitter posts, seem like this series may only be available at SDCC?????
Sure hope NECA gives us some sort of target date and what suppliers if any will be carrying this series.
Hopefully APE DAY sales were positive in there forecast for a Series 4? If anybody else has any inside info or clarification I would love to know.

What's the NECA Taylor body like? Would that head fit on an old Mego body?
I love the head sculpt but the molded boots and stubby looking arms bother me.

Back