NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sticks, Yeah i liked the far shots I took to capture the whole army! Here is a little behind the scenes photos for you guys! Enjoy.

Knowing how popular the 8 Bit video game re-paints are for NECA, wouldn't it be cool if they did repaints of the Apes... but as they appeared on the old Addar model kit box covers...and have them come in a replica box as well?

addar_models_3 (1).jpg

Found this on the web.

tumblr_nkwr8qLLq71sjfi1yo1_500.jpg

I don't know where it started but for some reason Dr.Zaius was given a blue costume for SEVERAL products.

mix.jpgpota2.jpg

ahiape3.jpg

ahizaiushorse.jpg

il_570xN.614697766_4rut.jpg

I wonder what reference material they were using?

Anyway... Would anyone else but me buy these re-paints?

Last edited:
Knowing how popular the 8 Bit video game re-paints are for NECA, wouldn't it be cool if they did repaints of the Apes... but as they appeared on the old Addar model kit box covers...and have them come in a replica box as well?

I wonder what reference material they were using?

Anyway... Would anyone else but me buy these re-paints?
IF NECA did this it would be cool to do it as a HTF figure maybe 1 in every 50 cases or so.... That way it would be very rare and highly collectable, kinda like Hot Wheels use to do treasure hunt cars and other companies use to do special editions. If it was just a normal figure id sure pick one up just to have in my collection.

Very cool setup Matt!
A little advise, next time you film try wetting the dirt, it will help reflect the light and give a richer color. I hope to see more shots!

Protozaius- Yes, I would buy them, I think they would be very cool and unique to any collection.

My Gorillas have been busy while waiting for for some humans, and wave 3 to be released. They tried to capture an Alien Queen which did not fair well for my poor simple simians. :(
Alien%20Queen%20vs%20POTA%20Gorillas.jpg

IMG_4862%20Alien%20Queen%20POTA%20Gorillas.jpg

Picked up my lawgiver statue yesterday from my local retailer in HK. Damn the box is huge and heavy. The statue is a real masterpiece. Very detailed and solid resin from top to bottom. You guys should look forward to this piece. Worthy addition to any apes fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pictures sticks, also thanks for the tip on taking photos ill have to try that to keep that glare down. Great news chokles I ordered 2 from KRIN hobbies , I saw on NECA'S calender they ship tomorrow, I'm hoping mine will arrive in a few weeks I'm very excited!!!!

Not a very encouraging Monkey Monday!

Randy posted this photo and caption:
11088400_901803269882059_862030765106748854_n.jpg

"A closer look at a potential future figure for ‪#‎monkeymonday‬. Veska from the classic TV series. Enjoy!!"
-- Randy Falk via NECA (@NECA_TOYS) | Twitter

"Potential"? So I guess there is a distinct chance we may only see Veska as a prototype.

It could mean one of two things. One, the line is in danger of ending with wave three (likely). And if that's the case say goodbye to Julius and Urko as well. Two, that Veska might be removed from any future waves due to lack of interest and replaced with another figure (not likely).

Either way...this sucks.

Not a great way to start the week, NECA!

I have mixed feelings…

I am very sad that there is a chance that this line will end.
Happy that I was able to collect all for my collection but at $25 + tax a figure it is getting up there!!

This line better live. There aren't a lot of toys I am able to buy from a physical store anymore, which is a bummer. I love the thrill of the hunt.

Would a subscription service work for Neca?

This line better live. There aren't a lot of toys I am able to buy from a physical store anymore, which is a bummer. I love the thrill of the hunt.

Would a subscription service work for Neca?
Randy has said before he'd try every outlet to keep the line alive, so I assume this is a theoretical possibility.

It seems inconceivable that the line that paid such a richly deserved homage to that classic first film, might end without a Taylor figure.

Ironically, the Sideshow 12" figure line suffered from too many Taylor's. They made four... but oddly enough NOT the one everyone wanted... a bearded Heston with primitive skins.

Since it's apparent that we will not be getting any 1/4 scale figures from NECA, we might have to settle for Pop Culture Shock's upcoming 1/4 scale statue of General Ursus on horseback:

PCS-General-Ursus-Beneath-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-Teaser-1 (1).jpgPCS-General-Ursus-Beneath-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-Teaser-2.jpg
PCS-General-Aldo-Preview.jpg

If there won't be anymore 6" NECA apes I might have enough saved cash to pick this baby up.

Would look good next to my Sideshow 1/4 scale Dr. Zaius.

It baffles me that this line is showing low interest! I think Neca made a few bad moves with this line. I think that wave 2 should have replaced another version of zaius with maybe Julius or even lucius of he has or ever will be considered . It seems that the zaius figures aren't selling well there always what's left at every toysrus I go to. Obviously the line was a hit with wave 1. Lets face it NECA did a 2nd wave had a sneak peak for series 3. After series 2 came out it seemed like doomsday and the line all of a sudden had figures on Mark down. However the only place with figures on clearance was toysrus and it was only zaius v.1, and it was only marked down 1 dollar! The gorilla soldier and zira have been sold well on toysrus.com they both were only available online for a few months after there release and then gone... I think series 3 will be the make or break. If series 3 has strong sales numbers the line will possibly have a future if it fails then we can kiss the apes goodbye!

I have mixed feelings…

I am very sad that there is a chance that this line will end.
Happy that I was able to collect all for my collection but at $25 + tax a figure it is getting up there!!

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. These figures are aimed at adult collectors, sculpting and painting on this line is the best that has ever been offered before as far as classic POTA. I don't think I am alone in saying, that even if these figures were $40.00 or $50.00 each they would be worth it.
Maybe they can still keep the line going, do a shorter run, and ask even double the price. I think a lot of us would still buy them, especially with such obscure offerings like Julius or any character from the TV series.

Back