NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't Toy Fair this weekend?

I could really use some NECA Ape news right about now!

I wanna know what happened to Julius!

Thanks for the pics of the gorillas from the tv series. I'm guessing another 2 pack? I wonder if they will come out around the time urko is released. Anyways I hope they do announce wave 4 and 5, that means a lot of possibilities with characters. I'm hoping lucious is in series 4 and that would he perfect to release Julius with him!

I hate to hear that the NECA POTA line might be struggling. The first wave of Classic Apes are starting to clearance out at TRU. Randy from NECA had this to say about it:

"Apes being marked down shows you the struggle of keeping a line alive at retail. Series 3 will happen no matter what though. You'll see some of what we have in store for the future at Toy Fair. We may need to use alternative methods but we will do all that we can to keep the line going & growing the Ape collection. You know how personally invested I am..."

It's nice to know that NECA is so committed to this line. However it may be out of their hands if the sales really start to dip.

I hate to hear that the NECA POTA line might be struggling. The first wave of Classic Apes are starting to clearance out at TRU. Randy from NECA had this to say about it:

"Apes being marked down shows you the struggle of keeping a line alive at retail. Series 3 will happen no matter what though. You'll see some of what we have in store for the future at Toy Fair. We may need to use alternative methods but we will do all that we can to keep the line going & growing the Ape collection. You know how personally invested I am..."

It's nice to know that NECA is so committed to this line. However it may be out of their hands if the sales really start to dip.

I can say that in my area, They are gone. I drove 30 minutes to a TRU and they have 3 Gorilla Soldier 2 Packs and a Ursus. So, Jacksonville is dry to my knowledge. It figures, I come back to Neca after so many QC issues, I find a line I really like with no issues, and its a possible flop? ****!!!

That's not good. Well on toysrus.com the only fig they have on clearance is zaius series 1. And he's only marked down a buck. You have to figure though everyone action figure line has it's peg warmers. Just like star was 7 inch figures all you see is Han solo and princess liea stocked on the shelves. The gorillas is necas money makers. Lets face it everyone wants a lot to army build. That's most likely why they keep making more gorillas which makes sense. I hope this line gets a bit of a push and sales grow. Here in California I've. Bought a lot of figures so far so I'm doing my part to keep the lone alive!

Wow, I can't believe the news. The TRU in my neck of the woods is dry of all POTA merchandise. They sold very well and rather quickly. So far I have:

5 Dr Z v1
4 Cornelius
15 Gorillas v1
2 General Ursus
2 Dr Zira
2 Dr. Z v2
8 2Pack Gorillas

I'm doing my fair share, plus I bought all the Dawn figures for the kids. I can honestly say the level of detail, paint aps, and articulation in the Original POTA line by Neca greatly surpasses most if not all action figure lines currently on the market. I have the complete SW Black series and they have nothing on these apes, not even the Stormtroopers and Boba fett, and that's saying a lot. It's a shame that people don't know what they're missing. I wonder if not having Taylor, Brent, Nova or any other human has helped deflate interest. Too bad. I plan to continue to the end.

I find it hard to believe that the classic series is dwindling in sales. If Neca wasn't profitable with this line I don't think they would be offering the Lawgiver statue , which is kind of away from the action figure line, and more just a cool backdrop or accessory. Speaking of which, I thought that was being released this month? Any news on a release date ?

As Stickman indicated, and I am sure there are many others out there, where in this until the end. How many series are there of the Predator line? I doubt all of them made it to retail, and I am sure there were a couple that were eventually marked down.

My collection sounds similar to yours stickman.I got-
3 Cornelius
2 zira
2 zaius v1 & v2
2 Ursus
24 gorilla soldiers
10 gorilla 2pack
1 Taylor 8 in.
2 scaler Cornelius
90% of my collection has been purchased at a toysrus store. Like stickman said a lot of tru in my area are dry, I've been to about a dozen in the Ca. Area. The line seems to be moving, the Neca Simpson's don't seem to be very popular I see those fully stocked most of the time. Lets just hope for the best and do are best to buy more apes. I'm gonna try and buy some more Cornelius and ziras. The only figure on clearance like I said was zaius v.1 so it's not like the whole line is on clearance....

The TRU by me is stalled with apes...

10 Ursus
10 Zaius v2
7 Gorilla 2-packs.

Been that way for over a month. Makes me sad. I really want Julius!

They could make an eight pack of different gorilla heads only and watch those 2-pak figures fly off the shelves.

Been that way for over a month. Makes me sad. I really want Julius!

We can't give up yet! There is still time to rally for this line!

APESDAY1.jpg

I am organizing Apes Day to hopefully help clear some of that current stock and get more folks talking and spreading the word on the line. Maybe make Sales for Wave 3 a bit better. To get in on it, head over to https://www.facebook.com/necaapes

I know we can at least make a dent in the stuff currently out there!

And since I am here... Our next NECA Planet of the Apes review is now up!

Head on over to check out our full gallery and video review of Koba from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Series 1! Action Features: Toy Talk Review: NECA Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Series 1 Koba Figure

Thanks!

Sallah

Awesome work sallah I like your approach on making a ape day and trying to put the word out to help this line grow! Like you said if we all buy and extra fog. For a friend or for a toy drive to help the sales pickup we can see this line succeed. Its been to long without apes tpys since the medicom figs 14 years ago I'd hate to wait that long again especially since NECA has done an amazing job!!!!

Series 3 samples heading to Toy Fair!!!!

image.jpg

They look SO good!!!

Sallah

Omfg!!! At first glance I thought these were being sold in stores I was ready to run out the door... The accessories are amazing! Caesar is awesome!!! The gorilla soldier is also awesome!!! And then there's Aldo! Something about his head just looks a big odd??? I guess up close and seeing it better I could make a better assumption. Maybe I need to watch battle and look at Aldo again. Anyways I'm gonna be buying a bunch of these! Thanks shallah for the photos

Nice collection Matt! I hope to be buying a few more 2 packs this month. Sallah you take great shots. Those series 3 figures look great. Does anyone know if all the heads are interchangeable? I would pick up more than a few Aldo's if I can put that head on a the soldier ape, to add a little variation. I'm loving all three of these figures, Caesar's sculpt looks great I will be adding one to a Cornelius' body. I'll get a case of this wave, I wonder who will be the short. It would be nice to get a human every 2 waves or something. If my sentences aren't making sense, I just had surgery on my torn ACL and am pretty drugged up, gotta go lay down. Really looking forward to some more new photos. Keep on Collecting!

Series 3 looks great. I hope Julius makes it into series 4. I can't wait for Toy Fair. I hope there are a few more suprises for the POTA line.

I joined the movement!
I also shared the hell out of it on Facebook. Toys R Us has a limit of 3 2-packs per order, but I just bought 3 2 packs. I don't care if I'm stuck with them or not, this is one of my favorite current figure lines.

#BeleiveInTheApe

Back