NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According To NECA's Facebook page, General Aldo has officially replaced Julius in Wave #3. Along with this announcement, they gave a sneak peek at Aldo's box art.

This SUCKS since Julius was THE gorilla, in NECA's ocean of gorillas, I was looking forward to the most! And, ironically, he gets replaced by Aldo, the general I like the least! The Lawgiver giveth, the Lawgiver taketh away.

But I can see that maybe Aldo and Urko looked too much alike to be released in the same wave.

Another Apes packaging art reveal from NECA means another Vintage Topps tribute from me. :)

aldocard.jpg

And not to be a doomsayer... but it sounds as if the line could use a little help in the sales department. Waves are being juggled a bit to spread tooling dollars out as "sales are good, but not great". While this isn't like NECA announcing the line is over or anything like that... I still worry that if things don't pick up, the line may not achieve the healthy long life that I think we all want from it.

I am wondering as fans what we could do to help out? Perhaps we could organize an "Apes Day"? Something where we each do our best to spread the word... Stuff like changing our profile pics to something NECA Apes, share a review, or maybe even buy an Apes figure from your local retailer (for you, for a friend, or for Toys for Tots even)? What are your thoughts?

Sallah

According To NECA's Facebook page, General Aldo has officially replaced Julius in Wave #3. Along with this announcement, they gave a sneak peek at Aldo's box art.

This SUCKS since Julius was THE gorilla, in NECA's ocean of gorillas, I was looking forward to the most! And, ironically, he gets replaced by Aldo, the general I like the least! The Lawgiver giveth, the Lawgiver taketh away.

But I can see that maybe Aldo and Urko looked too much alike to be released in the same wave.

Same here, Julius was the one I wanted most from wave 3.

No Julius??? What the ****? Maybe they re slated him for a 2 pack. Julius and random jumpsuit ape possibly?
I had a chance to talk to a few living actors from the franchise, and they all said that having a doll of their character would be great. Get on it Neca!

No Julius??? What the ****? Maybe they re slated him for a 2 pack. Julius and random jumpsuit ape possibly?
I had a chance to talk to a few living actors from the franchise, and they all said that having a doll of their character would be great. Get on it Neca!

or maybe Julius and generic human in rags figure? :rock

I can accept this news, as long as we still get Julius at a future date. :pray: I wanted him and Jumpsuit gorilla so bad I was going to get a case of this set.

still hoping Neca gives us some cool ape news in a couple weeks at toy fair. :impatient:

Well this is disappointing news. Like others here I was super stoked about Julius! Well as a kid I always loved battle . I'm kinda excited to see the final Aldo figure. But does this mean Julius is not going to be made????? I hope not! Well like others said if there is a 2 pack put him and luscious in it!

I just want them to get to the tribunal orangutans. Am I the only one that wishes it were so? And of course Caesar is freaking fantastic...so I am getting him too. Julius needs to be made. WTH???

Are there official reports of this line and it's sales numbers? I've been to a bunch of toysrus in my area and they seem to be selling fairly well! I think Neca should maybe release 4-5 figs per wave since it seems like a wave gets release each quarter.Also it kinda makes sense now, while a few weeks ago Neca released the box art only for Caesar and the gorilla and not Julius. I wonder if Aldo was a last min. Thing and also of this is gonna put the line behind of coming out soon?

I just want them to get to the tribunal orangutans. Am I the only one that wishes it were so? And of course Caesar is freaking fantastic...so I am getting him too. Julius needs to be made. WTH???

You know when you are talking tribunal orangutans, you can ALWAYS count me in!

I'm hoping Julius will be released in wave four... and that releasing Aldo early was just to break up the two generals from that wave.

I'm wonder if they are going to tinker with Julius in the mean time....

Nice shots stickman. So I decided to paint the face on the gorilla with the light face in the TRU exclusive pack. To me his face seemed a bit to light so here's a comparison.

Look at the rework of my Zaius! I enlarged him to Mego scale...so I know it doesn't belong here, but yowza he is awesome!!

NECA Planet of The Apes series 2 and Gorilla Soldiers double pack are now out in the UK.

Guess I'm going to have to pick some of these guys up...PS
And Have done so;picked up Cornelius,Zaius v.2 and,of course,Ursus.Overall,I am very impressed. Ursus in particular is sharp,tight and on the money sculpturally.I believe the likeness is actually closer to the original make-up than the HT figure,which is saying something. Zaius is very good,far better than v.1,which I passed on precisely because of the face sculpt(pity,that,because I really liked the outfit).Cornelius looks a little angry,but I s'pose he's justified considering how Zira turned out(whoa!).I shall definitely be picking up more of these.Well done,NECA...PS

Last edited:
Wax Murderer, I'm glad to hear that you are another happy collector of this line. I love this line and am truly looking forward to new series. You might be able to remove their heads a put v2 on v1 so you could have both outfits.

Does anyone think that there well be new figures revealed at Toy Fair? Neca sure has been very quiet.

Woo hoo!!! From Randy on NECA's twitter account... TV Series Gorilla Soldiers!

B9bsdecCMAI_hyy.jpg

And while I'm here... I'm hoping all the fans here might take part in the upcoming "Apes Day" I have planned for March 8th...

apes day.jpg

More details will be posted soon here: https://www.facebook.com/necaapes

Sallah

Thanks for sharing that picture Sallah. It looks like the tv series gorillas will have the darker outfit like Ursus. I saw on your page that Neca will be revealing series 4 and 5 next week at Toy Fair, very exciting news. Is that a new gorilla head sculpt? It amazes me that in all of Neca's artwork and PR shots all the gorillas have bandoliers, and are on horses. We need horses and humans badly. I wonder why their 8" gorilla has no bandolier. Also, I am wondering if the old Mego cage, wagon, or catapult would work for the 7" line. My gorillas are getting antsy with nothing to do nothing to catch.

Back