NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I was checking Out toysrus website and I see the two pack is on there for preorder. However series 2 isn't up? Seeing how it's coming out within a few weeks are they even gonna carry them?

Take some pictures for us Chockles, please. I ordered my 3 2pack max. Lots of options mixing and matching sculpts and accessories. This looks to be a great builder's set.

7c7ffc0853d8838d940dd07a07561fcb.jpg
9ecd7327f95be9e842f1d7e623bd1c03.jpg

Sorry but I don't open them up...not just yet anyways. Lol. But here's a few to wet your appetites. Preordered the lawgiver at the same time as I picked these up. Hope you all get yours soon too.

The sculpts are great. The eyes are abit hit and miss. A little bit of a Rocky syndrome with some. Overall though a great addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lack of a bandolier on that two pack is mind boggling dumb....

These soldiers are dressed for CQC (Close Quarters Combat), that is why they come with bayonet, MG, Man Catchers, Clubs, and back pack. A bandolier could impede the gorilla's mobility if he was using a man catcher and came into struggle with a wild human. No long range rifle here, hence no bandolier. Besides, let it add variety to your troops.

Chockles, they look great, congrats on the purchase.

The 2 pack looking great congrats! I need to go to my local Toys R Us this weekend to check out and see if they are in stock.

These soldiers are dressed for CQC (Close Quarters Combat), that is why they come with bayonet, MG, Man Catchers, Clubs, and back pack. A bandolier could impede the gorilla's mobility if he was using a man catcher and came into struggle with a wild human. No long range rifle here, hence no bandolier. Besides, let it add variety to your troops.

Chockles, they look great, congrats on the purchase.

Are there ever gorillas without bandoliers on screen? I guess I'm not as avid a fan as you all are if I've never noticed these guys before.

Very few. Neca should have given us bandoliers at least in the set. I agree.

The lack of a bandolier on that two pack is mind boggling dumb....

Agreed.

So much attention to detail with the sculpt and color and yet they give us something that is missing kind of a key costume element to those characters.
Very dissapointing.

The purposeful omission of the bandoliers (from BOTH the two pack AND the 8 inch MEGO style figure) makes me wonder what reference materials NECA is using to make these apes.

Personally, I don't mind too much about the missing bandoliers in the two pack since I wasn't going to pick that item up anyway. But having it gone for the 8 inch Gorilla has me on fence about getting it... not unless someone from this thread starts making them for their fellow board members.

Last edited:
my general ursus arrived today from the ebay neca store, I simply love it! a beautiful figure indeed!!

I can only assume that there might have been a conflict with the bandolier and the backpack. Both would be kind of hard rubber/plastic I assume and having the backpack over the bandolier might just not work.

That being said, they should have at least included them so that we'd have the option of how to display them. I mean there's a billy club in the 2 pack, but no place to hang it.

That's ok, thanks anyways. I am glad to hear that you are happy with your general.

Anybody know when series 3 is coming out? I am anxious to see what series 4 will be. Sure hope Urko is one they will be doing.

Back