NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture of Zaius definitely looks better and The Lawgiver? No way!!!! :rock

Keep em coming Neca, hope you do every Ape figure and human ever seen in all of the original 5 movies and Tv series!

Gee that PO went up fast! Not sure if it's worth $60 though. $50 tops.

But I'll still get it.

NEC12622.jpg

The statue has the Lawgiver in a strange wavy stance... like his desk is a little too far to his left.

This is a nice choice. It can be a low run item. I think it's fun. Horse and ape riders is an awesome idea, but I'd like the horses to be articulated.

Randy said he had no plans to do any horses. Shame really.

He also said if the lawgiver sells well enough and sells out fast he may consider the bloody variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy said he had no plans to do any horses. Shame really.

He also said if the lawgiver sells well enough and sells out fast he may consider the bloody variant.

Wow, how long ago did he say this? It must be recently because you mention the Law Giver. Not sure why they decided against the horses as the molds were already made for their Lone Ranger line, they looked great, and had articulation.

Wow, how long ago did he say this? It must be recently because you mention the Law Giver. Not sure why they decided against the horses as the molds were already made for their Lone Ranger line, they looked great, and had articulation.

The horse thing a while ago. I asked him many times on twitter.

As for the lawgiver it was only a couple of days ago. Someone asked and that's his reply. It makes sense since it would just mean a quick paint job. The usual thing they do.

I'll have to pass on the lawgiver statue. $60 is just too much for me, I would rather spend that on more figures. That being said I still think it looks great. If I had the money to burn I'd pick it up.

The Lone Ranger line horses were 3.75'' scale IIRC.

View attachment 144607

The statue has the Lawgiver in a strange wavy stance... like his desk is a little too far to his left.

After taking a look at some photos of the original Lawgiver statue, the NECA Lawgiver appears to be more accurate than I first gave it credit for:

Alamo-Drafthouse-Lakeline-lobby-with-Planet-of-the-Apes-Lawgiver-statue_114909.JPG

5154.jpg

5162.jpg

lawgiver.jpg

The head is still too large but the sway his posture is fairly accurate.

Funny, I've been staring at my Sideshow Lawgiver statue for so long, I didn't realize how off it really is.

Back