NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think you can easily sculpt the pouches and then glue them down on very thin leather.

My Zaius looks much better after hair modification.

I hate to beat a dead horse but the question of the General's lack of height come to mind when I saw the new photos for Monkey Monday.

10368823_1567068866844758_5346534516644256638_o.jpg
10478575_819188754810178_4307087640623004006_n (1).jpg

There is no way I'm not getting him... it's just a bit disappointing to see him displayed among his troops.

Hasbro Black Series all over again.... I don't think Ursus looks horrible even if a bit short. Zaius though. Ouch.

No... but they will be out later this month.

And yeah that Zaius isn't the best I've seen. But it's WAY better than the Medicom one. And let'snot even mention the Hasbro one.

maxresdefault_zps5bd32bf9.jpg

Yes, we Ape fans have lived through some dark times indeed.

Ursus and Zira both looks really good, on par with series one for sure. Something looks off about Zaius. I don't think it's the sculpt. I'll have to see him in hand to decide for sure.

I'm definitely resculpting Zira. Can't live with her looking as sour as Cornelius, which I will also resculpt to suit my fancy. Maybe Zaius needs a repaint..but Ursus for sure needs repainting.

Look what coming our way in February!!!

10347772_1553905121491588_2557477106163261465_n.jpg

And Dr. Zaius sure look better this photo!

Boy that head of the Lawgiver is a tad too big... don't cha think, NECA?

Is the Lawgiver part of some new bobblehead line?

I agree that Zaius v2 looks much better in that pic.

I had a feeling we would get a lawgiver statue in this line, just didn't expect it to be so soon. Looks great, though if the price is too high I'll have to skip it.

Boy that head of the Lawgiver is a tad too big... don't cha think, NECA?

Is the Lawgiver part of some new bobblehead line?

That's what I think every time I look at the Zira sculpt. That melon is too big for her. So far, aside from the prototype for Julius, none of these have impressed me at all. Glad I'm skipping this line, and glad I still have my SS figs.

Back