NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at what was posted on NECA's Facebook page... it was made by a fan:

10646936_800663169996070_3686047275078002033_n.jpg

It's great to see everybody getting creative with this line. I guess the smaller scale does have it's advantages.

Not bad. I've just as good, if not better, done in 1:6. Remember what Angel and Stickman used to do in that scale.
I'm saddened to see Stickman converting to this smaller scale.

You guys have posted some great dioramas....wish I was so talented.

Not bad. I've just as good, if not better, done in 1:6. Remember what Angel and Stickman used to do in that scale.
I'm saddened to see Stickman converting to this smaller scale.

Of course I remember, IM. Boy, you really take "beating a dead horse" to a whole new level.

Since you suggested we keep the NECA talk away from the "other" thread, I'm asking you to do the same thing. This thread is for the NECA lines of POTA. Please keep comments toward those lines (7" and 8" lines) and not about the lack of 1:6 scale apes... which I do miss as well.

And I am truly sorry that you fault your Ape brethren, the people you have spent over a decade talking to about our mutual love for all things POTA, for having a little fun at a smaller scale. You need not take it like some personal betrayal.

The statue of Caesar sheds yet another tear.

Well said, artistic ability displayed with these figures is inspiring to those who might not otherwise try a diorama. I make scale aircraft models in dioramas with ground crewman in1/144 scale, try and paint hair , facial expressions, clothing detail on one of those, but people do it, and it is just amazing as if you were right there.

Last edited:
Okay, now I'm officially worried about the height of General Ursus:

10680126_802388139823573_7560140953466698980_o.jpg

And Zaius is looking to have Barbie blonde hair!

The lighter hair does look a bit odd on Zaius. Almost seems like his whole outfit is lighter as well. Still looks like a good figure though. Zira looks fantastic, and Ursus is looking good too. Really happy to see he's now coming with the machine gun. Bring them on!

I keep looking at that Dr. Zaius... I sure hope we don't have another paint app snafu on our hands. That would be two for two for the good doctor!

And wow... I just noticed that I recently passed the 4,000th post mark! Only took over ten years to do it!

(I joined the Freak board in January/February 2004 when it was on the "other" server.)

The new Dr. Zaius almost looks like a background orangutan from beneath. And yeah Jesus looks a bit short but I did notice the figures don't seem to be scaled different, they seem to be all the same height.In series 1 zauis is as tall as the soldiers. Any who they still look amazing and I can't wait to pick them up!!!

lol!!!!! "Jesus" gotta love autocorrect!!!

I think he's just way lower in the box. look at where all their knees are.

LOL!!! Damn you auto spell !!!Ursus* lol. Good eye I didn't even notice his knees are lower

I think the New York comic con is going on this weekend, and I had read somewhere that NECA was going to be there. Hopefully will find out besides Ceaser who the other two figures will be in series 3.

lol!!!!! "Jesus" gotta love autocorrect!!!

I think he's just way lower in the box. look at where all their knees are.

^ This. Plus I'm pretty sure they used the series 1 gorilla body as a base when sculpting him. I'm 99% sure the legs are reused too. His height will be fine.

Okay, now I'm officially worried about the height of General Ursus:

View attachment 138105

And Zaius is looking to have Barbie blonde hair!

Looking at this shot...I'd better pick up that series one Zauis while I have the chance...passed because of that "monotone"-looking paint app on the head...but seeing as the new one looks worse....ah well.

Zira does look good....and while he does appear a bit short, I'm digging the Ursus too.

Sure hope these make it up my way...and yes, I hope that Caesar figure making the rounds at conventions makes it into an assortment before the line fizzles out....

Judging by the teaser pic on twitter series 3 will have a conquest gorilla and Julius along with conquest Caesar.

Kind of surprised about the inclusion of the Conquest Gorilla in wave 3. They have been giving us LOTS of gorillas but no humans for them to hunt.

I wonder if we will get any clues for wave 4 during the con.

Back