NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA posted this amazing photo on Facebook:

10679667_794873237241730_3830240893359653593_o.jpg

At first I got excited that we were seeing the gorillas from the two pack WITH bandoliers but they are ALL the first soldier ape.

I like that Ursus has his mouth open.

ursus is amazing!! all the gorillas looking the same isn't great, but there were so many duplicate masks for BG gorillas, it's not that odd, I guess.

Ursus looks fantastic. Really digging the facial expression and they nailed the costume details. I wonder if they are including the machine gun with him now, or if that's just the two pack gun.

Really digging this line so far. The sculpts are first rate, the colors and paint are pretty good and the quality is pretty solid-

Cornelius by scarrviper, on Flickr

Dr. Zaius by scarrviper, on Flickr

Manhunters by scarrviper, on Flickr

I think Sticks may have some competition in the photography department...

Nice shots, Viper!

I hope you are right, Hemble... with the added height of his helmet, Ursus should be a bit taller than his subordinates.

And Great shots, Viper... wish MY Cornelius came with a map!

Thanks!

The map was made from a resized printout form a picture of the old sideshow map. That's the only thing that bugged me about Cornelius was the lack of accessories. I made for him the map, the paper airplane (which is now coming with Zira oddly enough), and the forbidden zone doll -

A Curious Artifact by scarrviper, on Flickr

I hope you are right, Hemble... with the added height of his helmet, Ursus should be a bit taller than his subordinates.

And Great shots, Viper... wish MY Cornelius came with a map!

Your right about the helmet with the added height and I was just checking the pic again and it looks like the gorilla's are on a higher level to him as well.

Ron

Last edited:

Looking back at this old prototype photo, he does look a tad better proportionately. Maybe just a hair short.

Anyway, I also noticed that the two-pack gorillas prototypes pictured in the photo... one WITH a bandolier and one without. Which is it NECA!

GREAT looking doll, Viper! WOW! I'm still scratching my head as to why Zaius didn't come with it but came with a cane he didn't use during those scenes.

Sorry, but that Ursus portrait doesn't impress me. So far, the others bear a resemblance to the actor in the makeup, that Ursus is just another gorilla but with the correct uniform. I don't see a resemblance to James Gregory at all.

Here'a a photo of a REALLY BAD Caesar I found at TRU. Thankfully this hasn't been an issue with the classic line. Yet.

photo (1).JPG

Sorry again for the tilted photo. My computer keeps auto-correcting photos and I don't know how to turn it off

Hey everyone, I just signed up on those site, seeing all the fellow Pota fans...I'm loving this new NECA line I think they have done a fantastic job! I hope to post some pics soon I love all your guys pics ,as well as those awesome dioramas.

Hi All,

Protozaius - Nothing a little repaint wouldn't fix and I wish my TRU would stock one or both apes toy line.

matt483 - Welocme mae and look forward to seeing your pics.

Ron

Hi All,

stickman - Thanks mate and loving your dio/display the buildings look fantastic. I especially like the way you have given the structures a uneven feel to them it has that real POTA feel to them.

Ron

Back