NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your work is incredible! I made an ape house structure for the new NECA line, that I will be posting , I just signed up on this site after seeing your work, and look forward to more of it. (apes that is.)

Welcome to Ape City, Crue-Leader... at least the 1/12 version of it.

I look forward to seeing your work.

While we wait for Taylor and some humans, I was checking out the height differences amongst other Neca figures.

Having some fun.

Last edited:
NECA Planet of the Apes Classic Gorilla Soldier 2 Pack 7 Inch Action Figures. Released 28th November (UK date) !!!

10665184_1532844470264320_6877490262796958840_n (1).jpg

Where are their bandoliers?

Looking at the corner pictures in the packaging, I don't think they come with any. Funny, all of the pictures I remember seeing of the gorilla army in Beneath, the gorillas have BOTH backpacks AND bandoliers.

Not sure if I'm going to buy these guys. Years from now when we are swimming in NECA Ape figures and I'm trying to make room on my shelf for the new wave, I will be wondering why I bought them in the first place.

Besides, I like the longer hair on the original release of the Gorilla Soldier better.

Hi All,

Here is another POTA WIP dio but this time the figures joints will be superglued and puttied up and the kids don't have a say in this one.:D

This dio will be called HUNTED and will depict a Expanded Universe scenario where the astronaut is on the run from the apes and will be between POTA and BTPOTA.

The base is built up with hugh density foam and tree is a dead branch I cut off the back garden tree. The astronaut's body is from artasylum 7" Enterprise line as I like the look of the suit and it almost looks like the astronauts suit from POTA.

The head is from artasylum's Star Trek TOS Scotty figure and the pistol is from the pats box and sorry can't remember what line it's from. And the Gorilla is from NECA's POTA original series line.

Ron

Attachments

• hunt001.jpg
    hunt001.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 820
  • hunt002.jpg
    hunt002.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 667
  • hunt003.jpg
    hunt003.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 638
Where are their bandoliers?

Looking at the corner pictures in the packaging, I don't think they come with any. Funny, all of the pictures I remember seeing of the gorilla army in Beneath, the gorillas have BOTH backpacks AND bandoliers.

I'll be really disappointed if they don't have the bandoliers. They look incomplete without them.
:(

Hemble, that looks very cool. Thank you for sharing your photos, it is interesting to see the painting process. Nice paint set. I look forward to seeing the finished product. I keep seeing a torch in that gorillas hand. You have a great little scene.

Thanks mate and always happy to show WIP pics and a torch is a good idea.

Ron

Hi All,

This dio depicts Commander Hunter Hembling being the only survivor after his space craft crashed landed in the outer rims of the forbidden zone. After a few days travelling he comes across a dirt road and then suddenly he is fired apon, he looks where the shots had come from and to his surprise he see's Gorillas brandishing weapons.

Hembling flees for the forest and takes refuge waist deep in a muddy river bed where he sits and waits with his pistol at the ready and hopefully the Gorillas will completely miss him. He waits in the muddy river for over an hour and he thinks they have missed him then suddenly he hears foot steps and he knows that a Gorilla is just above him and he realizes that he is still being HUNTED.

RECIPE

Gorilla Soldier - is from NECA and he has had he's joints superglued then puttied up and then given a complete repaint, again I paid particluar attention to the face and eyes. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Commander Hunter Hembling - I gave him my son's name and this figure has the body from a Artasylum's Star Trek Enterprise Archer and the head from Artasylum's TOS Scotty. The head was given a beard and new hair and the insignia and flag where found on the net and downsized and prined out and the name tag was done using PSP-6 and the pistol was from the parts box.

Base - The base was first built up using left over pieces of high density foam and then glued in position, I then got a piece of branch from the back garden and used that as a tree trunk and glued and pinned that into place.

I then covered the foam using plaster cloth strips and kept using them till I had the look I wanted. I let the plaster cloth dry then painted it dark brown and then covered the base with dirt, small twigs and bark I got from the back garden and ground it up into small pieces.

The vines and grass I got from the backyard and I let them dry for about an hour and then sprayed them with dull coate and then I painted them. I also used small ready made shrubs from Army Painter as well. The muddy water was done by mixing light brown paint with Woodland Scenics Realistic water then added that to the base.

Ron

jqBTV4n.jpg

jcj9Pd7.jpg

AAPl4VA.jpg

3URhTAZ.jpg

nGMGj7z.jpg

fEvt08D.jpg

rEFIfNJ.jpg

jLwVVi8.jpg

kg0fwck.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Hemble - sensational work!

I don't check out the POTA stuff (although I'm a huge fan of the films), but I had to leave a comment for ya mate. :duff

Back