NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic everyone and I hope someone here can help me.

I have given up trying to buy the Hot toys Planet of the Apes 1/6 scale figures. Too damn expensive!
Been trying to complate the rest of my Medicom Ultra Fine Detail apes. Can someone please tell me how many figures are there in the complete set? On the back of the packaging it says collect all 19, but I don't believe thats correct. I have 21 so far and I think theres one more left??? Please help:)

You are correct about there being more than 19. It's been a LONG time since I looked at my Medicom vinyl figures but I believe there was a several variants from that line. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

Gorilla soldier w/variant head (longer neck hair)
Conquest Chimpanzee
Caesar ("Battle" version)

I think Apemania posted a complete listing of the figures they released. Here are the links.

https://apemania.com/MEDICOM.htm

https://www.apemania.com/toys/medicom/caesar.htm

Their line was fairly extensive... albeit expensive, at least initially. It's surprising that they never got around to doing any mutants. And of course, no Julius, my favorite gorilla.

I need to finish my Medicom collection one day. I also would love a SSC Forbidden Zone Taylor. Sadly I bought all of the figures at a local comic shop and didn't know about SSC until that one was sold out.... Not willing to pay more than $100 for it though so it's more than likely I'll never own it.

You are correct about there being more than 19. It's been a LONG time since I looked at my Medicom vinyl figures but I believe there was a several variants from that line. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

Gorilla soldier w/variant head (longer neck hair)
Conquest Chimpanzee
Caesar ("Battle" version)

I think Apemania posted a complete listing of the figures they released. Here are the links.

https://apemania.com/MEDICOM.htm

https://www.apemania.com/toys/medicom/caesar.htm

Their line was fairly extensive... albeit expensive, at least initially. It's surprising that they never got around to doing any mutants. And of course, no Julius, my favorite gorilla.

Much appreciate your info Protozaius :)

I've been on that Apemania site, and from the looks of it I just need one more left to complete this collection. (Total 22) Sadly I didn't start the collection from the beginning, thus I'm paying way over the odds for these. From what I'm paying now, I probs could buy two/three full sets already from the start. I'm from HK and its extremely hard to get these now, and the ones I see on ebay wont shiop overseas or charge way too much postage to get it sent out here.

I'll just have to carry that missing ape photo on my phone and hope one day my fate with that figure will come....lol

For now, I really look forward to what NECA has to show, Randy from NECA mentioned they are going deep in with this series, classic and new. Eventually bringing some apes in 1/4 scale. I really like the details on the Medicom ones, I just wish with NECA they could attempt to put hair on them. Perhaps maybe not on the smaller scale (better if they could) but at least on the 1/4. It is one of the things that I liked about the Hot Toys versions.

Much appreciate your info Protozaius :)

I've been on that Apemania site, and from the looks of it I just need one more left to complete this collection. (Total 22) Sadly I didn't start the collection from the beginning, thus I'm paying way over the odds for these. From what I'm paying now, I probs could buy two/three full sets already from the start. I'm from HK and its extremely hard to get these now, and the ones I see on ebay wont shiop overseas or charge way too much postage to get it sent out here.

They're originally from Asia and I remember them selling commonly for $30-$50 a piece. Later on a lot of them sold for $15-$25. A quick glance at eBay shows the lower prices are still available (although a lot are back at their initial high prices). I remember getting only a handful at those outrageous prices and then my collection exploded once I saw them going for cheaper prices. I need to take inventory on my sets. I really need to finish that collection this year. I wonder which ones I need and if I could even afford them. The Lawgiver Statue is the only one off the top of my head I know I need. I wish they had done some mutants and a Brent.

They're originally from Asia and I remember them selling commonly for $30-$50 a piece. Later on a lot of them sold for $15-$25. A quick glance at eBay shows the lower prices are still available (although a lot are back at their initial high prices). I remember getting only a handful at those outrageous prices and then my collection exploded once I saw them going for cheaper prices. I need to take inventory on my sets. I really need to finish that collection this year. I wonder which ones I need and if I could even afford them. The Lawgiver Statue is the only one off the top of my head I know I need. I wish they had done some mutants and a Brent.

Never knew they cost that much from the start, those are high prices. As soon as I knew about these, I went on a spending spree and went through all the places I could find. Now with just one more left (The Ceasar Lands Ape) to get. Fingers cross something pops up on ebay for this one. Good luck to you completing your set as well :) Wish Medicom would revisit this series again with the new film out this year.

I bought the entire set when they were first offered, and I know for a fact that I didn't pay $30-50 apiece or there's no way I could have gotten all of them. It's been so long since I got these that I can't remember my cost, but it wasn't that high.

I bought the entire set when they were first offered, and I know for a fact that I didn't pay $30-50 apiece or there's no way I could have gotten all of them. It's been so long since I got these that I can't remember my cost, but it wasn't that high.

Haha, it doesnt matter about the cost now, what matters is you got the full collection. I'm curious, does everyone keep them all in their packaging or perhaps some of you guys have them opened and display, or both at the same time. I wanted to keep them in packaging at first, but since I bought them through yahoo auctions, not everyone had them in great condition (packaging wise) Some had wear and tear on the cardboard and some even went yellow on the packaging. In the end, I ripped them all out and displayed them openly. Never regretted it. LOL

I never opened mine. Mainly because I didn't (and still don't) have anyplace to display them. I think even if I did display them now, I'd probably leave them in the package; I'm not going to live forever, and my wife can then sell all my "crap" and make some money.

I never opened mine. Mainly because I didn't (and still don't) have anyplace to display them. I think even if I did display them now, I'd probably leave them in the package; I'm not going to live forever, and my wife can then sell all my "crap" and make some money.

Haha I had that thought as well until I had some detolfs to display them in. Before I wanted them sealed, but its hard to find them in pristine condition, so thought oh well take them out instead. Though the value would be higher later if sealed.

Never knew they cost that much from the start, those are high prices. As soon as I knew about these, I went on a spending spree and went through all the places I could find. Now with just one more left (The Ceasar Lands Ape) to get. Fingers cross something pops up on ebay for this one. Good luck to you completing your set as well :) Wish Medicom would revisit this series again with the new film out this year.

I just happened to have an extra Caesar Lands Ape (Generic Chimpanzee from Conquest) loose. Shoot me a PM and make me an offer if you are interested in it.

I just happened to have an extra Caesar Lands Ape (Generic Chimpanzee from Conquest) loose. Shoot me a PM and make me an offer if you are interested in it.

Wow, thanks for the offer Protozaius. If you had one new and sealed, then Id be tempted. I just had a bad expereince buying loose items on yahoo auction hk yesterday, and kind of pissed about buying loose items again. The seller sold the old item as new. No offence to you and I appreciate your kindness to offer one. For now Im just a tad sensitive thats all. lol

Something that cheered me up last night when I went on NECA twitter. Im sure you guys would be excited too.

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BedCrc5IYAAbzM3.jpg:large

BedCrc5IYAAbzM3.jpg

Hmm, maybe they went with a generic look, but comparing with the movie still, I wished the eyes were looking up, to give a more menacing feel to it.

It looks like the paint apps could be a bit better, specifically the nose area needs to have the war paint. It looks off a bit compared to the movie still.

Wow, thanks for the offer Protozaius. If you had one new and sealed, then Id be tempted. I just had a bad expereince buying loose items on yahoo auction hk yesterday, and kind of pissed about buying loose items again. The seller sold the old item as new. No offence to you and I appreciate your kindness to offer one. For now Im just a tad sensitive thats all. lol

I understand... I've been there before. No worries.

But it has gotten me thinking about putting up some of my extra Medicom Apes up on eBay....

I understand... I've been there before. No worries.

But it has gotten me thinking about putting up some of my extra Medicom Apes up on eBay....

Nice, when you do, let us know. Just nice to browse on ebay and admiring whats out there. lol

Back