NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, from what Randy Falk said in the You Tube interview he plans to cover the whole universe, "the next Predator line." That will be deep! I can imagine so many possible play sets. Maybe an ape city? :rock2

Mark Wahlberg from Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes! :rock

No?

:(

I agree with IM. :exactly:

I have been focusing on 1/6. I have been "scaling" back on other options.

I don't believe it is possible to have to many 1/6 scale apes in my collection. :D

407950_252284374844795_10989730_n.jpg

546184_322479471158618_1480980761_n.jpg

395068_252283518178214_592257981_n.jpg

Mark Wahlberg from Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes! :rock

No?

:(

Yikes :horror

But if they do, only one just for you. :1-1:

Here are a few of the gorillas and chimps I owned.

I too once thought you couldn't have too many apes but then my collection grew so large i couldn't display them all and that was a real shame so I sold them. I would prefer a smaller scale so more accessories could be made like the city, museum, tribunal room, statue. slave wagon, market, Icarus etc.

DP, I love the shot of your gorilla garrison, are those your sculpts or did you get a few from Angel of Music who used to visit here?

Last edited:
I had forgotten how great your collection was, and those great dios you constructed on such a large scale.

At least you have some great shots to remember them by.

Really wanted sideshow to give us some PF's from the new movies but I'll take all that I can get from neca.

As Always a big thank you JJ. You were part of the process, and everyone else connected to the Ape Forum. So much support. I hope to one day again arise from whence I came. :peace

That setup of your is awesome.

DP, I love the shot of your gorilla garrison, are those your sculpts or did you get a few from Angel of Music who used to visit here?

I bought several from AngelofMusic and I bash a lot (I can't really sculpt).

As much as I want 1/6 scale, there are some good points about the smaller 6" figure scale. :)

oh, and here is proof that I would buy more 1/6 scale NECA 1/6 apes. :D

536021_322483774491521_740716080_n.jpg

some say I have a problem....:monkey4

Wow, I love the picture DP awesome group shot. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm in. I would love a display cabinet large enough to accommodate my Mego, Hasbro, SSC, Medicom, and future Neca collections. PotA is my all-time favorite SciFi movie. That is if you agree SW is a fantasy set in space.

Looks great, DP!
I haven't gotten to a new group picture yet
picture.php

Its at least 3X this size now, with more gorillas, customs and some Hot Toys.
NECA 1:6 would be most welcomed must haves for me.

That setup of your is awesome.

I bought several from AngelofMusic and I bash a lot (I can't really sculpt).

As much as I want 1/6 scale, there are some good points about the smaller 6" figure scale. :)

oh, and here is proof that I would buy more 1/6 scale NECA 1/6 apes. :D

536021_322483774491521_740716080_n.jpg

some say I have a problem....:monkey4

Wow that's brilliant! :thud:

Very cool horse there DP, is that a MARX horse? If only it were a hand or two taller it would be perfect. Great detail.

IM- You need to get rid of your horse that mane is terrible. lol

Here is a picture of my wagon and Dragon DML horse

Last edited:
The horse will stay. I am, although, looking into ways to mold hair onto the neck without restricting movement.
Afterall, Urko needs his white steed, and Taylor/Nova, Ursus, Zaius, .... aw hell the whole gorilla army!

Looks great, DP!
I haven't gotten to a new group picture yet
picture.php

Its at least 3X this size now, with more gorillas, customs and some Hot Toys.
NECA 1:6 would be most welcomed must haves for me.

You are the only one If ever known who bought those Ape Joes. Boy seeing those really takes me back... I remember really wanting to buy a few but simply could not afford it. The world of 12"ers has changed so much since then.

Would love to see an updated picture of your entire garrison sometime, IM!

Thanks PZ. They were the only 12" apes in town back in the day. I still remember seeing the ad in the old "Toy Shop" newspaper.
And yes, things have certainly changed since then.

Thanks PZ! I'm not sure if you ever saw this one but here is another I took of the wagon. I was kinda hoping to pull out a few figures today and maybe shoot outside but the weather looks awful outside and is looking like it is about to pour. Anyways here is another shot.

I was considering doing the same thing Sticks. I thought a new group shot in the elements would be cool but, even though the weather says its not supposed to rain, the last thing I want is to get caught in a complete downpour with all of my POTA items outside.
Does make me wish I kept all the old photography studio equipment I had, but I don't think it survived when I last moved.
Everytime I see someone's pics with those wagons, I really think its time to break out those old measurements and just see if I can make one out of wood.

Thanks PZ! I'm not sure if you ever saw this one but here is another I took of the wagon. I was kinda hoping to pull out a few figures today and maybe shoot outside but the weather looks awful outside and is looking like it is about to pour. Anyways here is another shot.

Yeah, I don't think I have this one. I have a thumb drive where I've stored all of the pictures you posted over the years. Just beautiful work. I need to find it because I showed my son, who has since become a MAJOR POTA fan, your shots and he when APE for them and he wants to see MORE.

I would love to see the more Hot Toys Gorillas in your future work. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Back