NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca posted a sneak peak of Series 2 of Classic Ape. Ursus! Sculpted by Randy Falk. Coming in the Fall of this year. Excited!!!
u4a6ytu5.jpg

Looks like NECA got the right number of rows in Ursus' chest plate... something Sideshow was unable to do with their figure.

So Ursus and Zira are confirmed as part of Series 2. I wonder what is going to be the third figure in that wave.

Even though these shots are works in progress, everything in the shot is planned right? What do you think of the human arm in the picture underneath the bubble wrap?

Sorry to hear that Neca's pre Toy Fair prototype photo release didn't meet your satisfaction. As any good collector in today's market knows, it's better to hold off judgement till the final product is revealed and is in hand. Not sure what your complaint is about, maybe the paint apps? All issues will most likely be resolved prior to release. These figures are already better than anything Mego or EMCE released in this scale. Hopefully another ape fan will be happy with your decision to not include them in your collection.

I tend to agree Medicom's attempt (even though they're glorified statues) look better. But yes, it could be paint apps throwing it. Despite not buying these, I'm excited to see all things Ape on the market and hope the end product does look better.

Sorry to hear that Neca's pre Toy Fair prototype photo release didn't meet your satisfaction. As any good collector in today's market knows, it's better to hold off judgement till the final product is revealed and is in hand. Not sure what your complaint is about, maybe the paint apps? All issues will most likely be resolved prior to release. These figures are already better than anything Mego or EMCE released in this scale. Hopefully another ape fan will be happy with your decision to not include them in your collection.

Jeez, what crawled up your ***? :lol Don't take it so personal, Missy. And maybe the final product will be better if there is some criticism directed toward it now. And maybe your so hard-up for new POA stuff that you're willing to overlook two head sculpts of the main characters that could have and should have been better. Or maybe your significant other told you to dismantle your ape city and put a little more focus onto your relationship- I dunno why you're such a crab. :lol But in the meantime I'll look to the "good collectors" for advice before I post something that doesn't quite float your boat, 'kay?

Jeez, what crawled up your ***? :lol Don't take it so personal, Missy. And maybe the final product will be better if there is some criticism directed toward it now. And maybe your so hard-up for new POA stuff that you're willing to overlook two head sculpts of the main characters that could have and should have been better. Or maybe your significant other told you to dismantle your ape city and put a little more focus onto your relationship- I dunno why you're such a crab. :lol But in the meantime I'll look to the "good collectors" for advice before I post something that doesn't quite float your boat, 'kay?

Where the hell did you read me speaking ill to you? It seems that you are the only one that took it personally pal. Trying to degrade me with your childish rant also goes to show how immature and juvenile you truly are. Who cares what you think, so what that you don't like the product, go tell Neca not us. You think Neca comes here to read what's on a SideShow forum? If so, your'e dumber than you sound. :wink1:

Where the hell did you read me speaking ill to you? It seems that you are the only one that took it personally pal. Trying to degrade me with your childish rant also goes to show how immature and juvenile you truly are. Who cares what you think, so what that you don't like the product, go tell Neca not us. You think Neca comes here to read what's on a SideShow forum? If so, your'e dumber than you sound. :wink1:

What, did I take a little attention away from you and your ape city, Bright Eyes? :lol It's a public forum for people to post their opinions. If you don't like my opinions put me on ignore. Simple as that. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Is it your intention to derail threads with your negativity and derogatory remarks? Fuzzybean, man up.

How did things get SO out of control here? Wow.

Now, BB... I am in somewhat of agreement with you about Cornelius and Zaius (not Zauis). I think the paint apps didn't do the sculpts any favors as I stated in post #174. But the initial tone you took on your post was a tad too dismissive... a tone that Sticks picked up on. Now, Sticks' comments might have appeared to been a bit condescending, but I believe he was simply over-reacting to the curtness of your post.

Then you retaliated with these insulting comments:

What, did I take a little attention away from you and your ape city, Bright Eyes? :lol It's a public forum for people to post their opinions. If you don't like my opinions put me on ignore. Simple as that. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Did you really need to say that? The camera work Stickman has graced us with over the years I've known him (specifically ones centering around Ape City) has been nothing short of stunning. His work has been the inspiration for many Ape fans. Why would you belittle that?

And this:

Yeah that was my goal all along; to post my opinion of a couple of the sculpts to get a rise out of the "stickman". Get a room, you two. :wave

Did you really need to say that? Surely there was a better way to get your point across and have a spirited discussion about the merits of this new NECA line without resorting to such comments.... Short curt comments and insults add nothing to the discussion.

So...I suppose I must await more of your comments... go ahead but this negativity needs to stop.

How did things get SO out of control here? Wow.

Now, BB... I am in somewhat of agreement with you about Cornelius and Zaius (not Zauis). I think the paint apps didn't do the sculpts any favors as I stated in post #174. But the initial tone you took on your post was a tad too dismissive... a tone that Sticks picked up on. Now, Sticks' comments might have appeared to been a bit condescending, but I believe he was simply over-reacting to the curtness of your post.

Then you retaliated with these insulting comments:

Did you really need to say that? The camera work Stickman has graced us with over the years I've known him (specifically ones centering around Ape City) has been nothing short of stunning. His work has been the inspiration for many Ape fans. Why would you belittle that?

And this:

Did you really need to say that? Surely there was a better way to get your point across and have a spirited discussion about the merits of this new NECA line without resorting to such comments.... Short curt comments and insults add nothing to the discussion.

So...I suppose I must await more of your comments... go ahead but this negativity needs to stop.

Stickman is your buddy and you're going to defend him- I get that.

But tell me why my initial post below was "curt" and why it deserved any "condescending" (as you even put it) remarks?

Not impressed with Cornelius and Zauis. Was expecting much better; the soldier ape looks cool though.

That opinion of mine really deserved his smartass comments??

And after jumping on me, you say:

So...I suppose I must await more of your comments.

LOL are you kidding me? You insult me and then are bothered that I may comment? Are you guys for real? Sheesh...

Back