NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca has done some great figures over the years and tackled some great properties but this one is my most anticipated. Bring on the apes. Oh and a Taylor figure. But mostly apes.

Not sure what number 6 and 6A are.

I am truly looking forward to the Gorilla 2pack. I wonder if the gorillas will have their backpacks as one will have the machine gun, would only make sense. There has been some clamor that NECA may also have plans to give us the Hunt scene with camera. Lots of fun stuff coming from this line and it appears to be selling very well, the gorillas sold out quickly.

Sticks! Are you done with showing those great 1:6 photos and stories now? That would be a terrible shame.

Hi there IM. I would love to take some more photos. I m thinking about making another Ape City for the new NECA figures, that way I can have something out without it taking up too much space. The 1:6 Scale Ape city took over my whole living room, way too big. I was thinking that I could maybe do another version of General Ursus' speech scene seeing that I ordered the case of 14 figures. I may need another case and a few Zira figures when they make her. Having another Dr. Zauis will also help.

I was taking some pictures of my new Cobra Commander the other day and the Gorillas photobombed a few photos. I also added an extra outdoor shot for you. I hope you like. :)

Hi there IM. I would love to take some more photos. I m thinking about making another Ape City for the new NECA figures, that way I can have something out without it taking up too much space. The 1:6 Scale Ape city took over my whole living room, way too big. I was thinking that I could maybe do another version of General Ursus' speech scene seeing that I ordered the case of 14 figures. I may need another case and a few Zira figures when they make her. Having another Dr. Zauis will also help.

I was taking some pictures of my new Cobra Commander the other day and the Gorillas photobombed a few photos. I also added an extra outdoor shot for you. I hope you like. :)

These pictures rock wow! You build a 1/6 Ape City? That's too cool. Repping you.:clap

Sticks has been gracing us with his talent for taking pics for years! Simply stunning stuff!

And his Ape City was his crowning achievement. Somewhere within the bowels of the POTA mega thread (Save the Planet of the Apes!) are some amazing shots of that city.

Sticks... do you still have some photos of it to repost? There is a whole new crop of monkeys out there ready to enjoy them!

Sticks has been gracing us with his talent for taking pics for years! Simply stunning stuff!

And his Ape City was his crowning achievement. Somewhere within the bowels of this thread are some amazing shots of that city.

Sticks... do you still have some photos of it to repost?

Yeah he should definitely repost some pictures of his Ape City. That's talent right there.

Thanks Sticks!

You can have all the fun you want with these new little monkeys. NOTHING will beat what we have, and you did with, 1:6.
I challenge NECA to compete in the big time.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the recognition, I am truly honored. For the Ape fans that missed the old shots of my Ape City here are a few that survived in the archives:

Here is my brother Mark helping. :)

Here was a storyboard I was toying with, with IronMan1188:

Dude that's insane I give you huge credit for building such a masterpiece. Wow I'm amazed by it. Truly a grail thing to have and such talent you own. :clap

Finally... Sticks is beginning to get the recognition he deserves.

I just love seeing those photos again. Some of the shots I don't recall at all.

Can't wait to see what you do with the smaller scale NECA apes.

Wow, thanks everyone. Here are a few shots of my Gorillas outside in the snow.

It would have been nice to have a bounce card to get some once fill light but I have no extra help today. It is supposed to snow tonight into tomorrow, maybe i can take some more shots then.

Here are some older shots:

Wow, thanks everyone. Here are a few shots of my Gorillas outside in the snow.

It would have been nice to have a bounce card to get some once fill light but I have no extra help today. It is supposed to snow tonight into tomorrow, maybe i can take some more shots then.

Here are some older shots:

Wow man amazing pics. You deserve the praises. You truly are talented and would love to know how you built the Ape City. I want to build one for myself now.

Wow man amazing pics. You deserve the praises. You truly are talented and would love to know how you built the Ape City. I want to build one for myself now.

ApeManRyan, I would be honored to help you build an Ape City. Start by collecting many boxes. These will act as the base for your dwellings. You will want many different sizes and shapes. Stack the boxes and join them via glue, or tape and make a few structures. Take some rolled newspaper and tape them around any window or door frame you may want to add texture and depth. When the foundation is ready, I use flour and water to make a paste, you will want it to be a little watery. Next collect a lot of brown paper bags as this will give you a great color and finish. Tear the bags into small strips and soak them in your (pancake) mix, :lol. Use your fingers to glide across the strips and remove all excess paste. Apply strip to your structure and repeat this process till you completely cover your building/s. Let dry, then feel free to paint, distress, or color as you see fit. I truly hope this helps and wish you all the best. I look forward to seeing your creation/s and if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask. Most importantly, have fun! :wink1:

ApeManRyan, I would be honored to help you build an Ape City. Start by collecting many boxes. These will act as the base for your dwellings. You will want many different sizes and shapes. Stack the boxes and join them via glue, or tape and make a few structures. Take some rolled newspaper and tape them around any window or door frame you may want to add texture and depth. When the foundation is ready, I use flour and water to make a paste, you will want it to be a little watery. Next collect a lot of brown paper bags as this will give you a great color and finish. Tear the bags into small strips and soak them in your (pancake) mix, :lol. Use your fingers to glide across the strips and remove all excess paste. Apply strip to your structure and repeat this process till you completely cover your building/s. Let dry, then feel free to paint, distress, or color as you see fit. I truly hope this helps and wish you all the best. I look forward to seeing your creation/s and if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask. Most importantly, have fun! :wink1:

Thank you so much for this information. This really means a lot. I will post updates definitely. I'll start collecting what I need and also buy some Sideshow Ape figures. I can't wait to start on this project! Again this is really awesome of you and keep on posting pics of your City. You're truly talented!

Ryan

Back