NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my modded version of the 18" Gipsy Danger with a "Anti-Kaiju-Wall" diorama/display stand:

More pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAXX-Replicas/238809979605577
and here: https://maxx-replicas.jimdo.com/projekte-2011-2014/gipsy-danger/

SH6BIXv.jpg

I could not find any mention on your links if the poseable hands were built from scratch or are
from another figure on the market.

I am very curious.

I apologize if I missed where it was mentioned.

Awesome work as always Maxx! :rock!!!

Cannot wait for the 18" Cherno! It's going to be massive along Knifehead!!!
Wow!!

Recently the CEO of Legendary said that the licensed items of PR are selling really well and the movie did great on home video, so they are seriously considering a sequel!! :rock! :pray:

Does anyone know if the head pops off of the 18" Gipsy or is is wired for the light in the head? Or has anyone popped the visor off in one piece?

The printed honeycomb behind the visor is really messed up on one side on mine and I don't know if I can just try get a new head or a full replacement.

Hi,

Your repaints look sweet. You kept the original grey and added brown drybrush, right?

Oh sorry late for reply!!!!
since I can't wash out the battle damage & the yellow line paint, I need to cover mostly all the original grey with (black, brown, blue & earth color, to make different tone), and I haven't use drybrush for these Kaiju, prefer using fine brush to paint the detail............:)

Does anyone know if the head pops off of the 18" Gipsy or is is wired for the light in the head? Or has anyone popped the visor off in one piece?

The printed honeycomb behind the visor is really messed up on one side on mine and I don't know if I can just try get a new head or a full replacement.

The visor should pop off in one piece. I have not tried it myself but it seemed like it was glued that way. Try to heat up the visor
then slowly pry it out.

Lol what a nice shot. If it would has been Asuka in EVA-02 facing the Kajus instead of those soulless Jaegers - the threat would has been ended right in 2015. All Kajus would stay in their dimension - scared to death. ;)

Would have been an epic match-up :lol. I still wish Bandai would finally release those Monsterart angels. Every company only seems interested in making the Evas.

Oh sorry late for reply!!!!
since I can't wash out the battle damage & the yellow line paint, I need to cover mostly all the original grey with (black, brown, blue & earth color, to make different tone), and I haven't use drybrush for these Kaiju, prefer using fine brush to paint the detail............:)

Thanks! I will try first with an extra small knifehead I have :)

is this the 18 inch? I have a question about that,

If this were to happen in the 18 inch fig, How could you glue this? In the 7 inch figures super glue would work and leave it ok,

but with something so big what kind of glue can you even use for that? industrial strength? what is the strongest glue out there?

is this the 18 inch? I have a question about that,

If this were to happen in the 18 inch fig, How could you glue this? In the 7 inch figures super glue would work and leave it ok,

but with something so big what kind of glue can you even use for that? industrial strength? what is the strongest glue out there?

Yes, its the 18 inch.. I have no idea what to do about this. I know my local FYE has some in stock, but I would hate to buy another.

I just wonder what can one do about something like this. Since the 18 inch is so heavy.

I've used super glue a lot of times in my 7 inch, but something so massive, I wonder if something like gorilla glue would even work

I just wonder what can one do about something like this. Since the 18 inch is so heavy.

I've used super glue a lot of times in my 7 inch, but something so massive, I wonder if something like gorilla glue would even work

It's possible. I may try it and get back to you on it.

just pin it. Drill a hole in each end of the part to be glued insert a pin, something like a nail with the head cut off or a piece of clothes hangar wire. use the superglue to secure the pin and add glue to the other side and press them together. You can also scratch up both surfaces to be glued. They should never come apart again.

just pin it. Drill a hole in each end of the part to be glued insert a pin, something like a nail with the head cut off or a piece of clothes hangar wire. use the superglue to secure the pin and add glue to the other side and press them together. You can also scratch up both surfaces to be glued. They should never come apart again.

Or epoxy instead of glue, it will bond a lot better for something that size and weight.

Back