NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same question Stonefish. That display looks amazing and it enhances the scale with the small light spots.

Thanks for the compliments!

It's the "Master Light House Display Case" for 1/4 scale, produced by Legend Studio. There are versions in black and white and also one for two 1/6 scale figures. BBTS has them on preorder again, the 1/6 version is available at sideshow as well.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=LGS10005&mode=retail

There is also a thread about this display case, already:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?118394-Legend-Studios-Lit-Display-case

Some users complained about the small spots, that can't fully light a figure completely, but in the case of Gipsy Danger to my mind that really looks great, as you already mentioned - reminds me of all those searchlights pointed at the Jaegers in night fight scenes. ;)

Had a little problem with the color temperature of the built in LEDs, it's cold white (5000 K or even higher, I guess), but I light every piece in my collection using warm white LEDs (2700 K), so I had to modify the case:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?118394-Legend-Studios-Lit-Display-case&p=6633850&viewfull=1#post6633850

Just got the Knifehead & Trespasser last week, love the sculpt & articulation...........Good job NECA !!!!!!!
But really don't like the paint job of the battle damage, so just repaint it & add some glow in the dark paint for the line!!!

Looks like Pacific Rim has made it into their Scalers line. Had little interest in these but might get the Alien and Knifehead to brighten up some wires :lol

Scalers-Wave-2-Knifehead.jpg

Just got the Knifehead & Trespasser last week, love the sculpt & articulation...........Good job NECA !!!!!!!
But really don't like the paint job of the battle damage, so just repaint it & add some glow in the dark paint for the line!!!

Amazing job!!! I wish these guys could look like this right out of the packaging!

Just preordered Crimson Typhoon from BBTS!!!!!

Anyone know if they'll be exactly the same as first releases or have better joints?

View attachment 99842Are they reusing the Knifehead body again?????

They share the same body in the movie… :dunno

Anyone know if they'll be exactly the same as first releases or have better joints?

Pretty sure these are re-releases… haven't seen any comments from NECA regarding better joints on these guys, only the upcoming V2 Gipsy.
I am quite bummed as my Striker Eureka just broke at the hip-joint… :monkey2

Wait, a new Typhoon? Good if so, mine has real loose knee joints and is always crouching :/ So a replacement would be nice. I wanna grab a Cherno and eventually, Scunner!

Rerelease Mi amigo:D for those that missed out the first time......like me. Also a 2 pack with Typhoon and Striker Over @ BBTS.

Ah, I may have to grab this two pack and just hope they have better joints. I noticed the 18" Cherno too, damn.

Wait, a new Typhoon? Good if so, mine has real loose knee joints and is always crouching :/ So a replacement would be nice. I wanna grab a Cherno and eventually, Scunner!

Aren't Typhoons legs are supposed to be like that. I think he's meant to emulate a martial arts type of stance.

Kind of excited they are releasing Striker Eureka, I might be able to get him and scunner looks cool. Not excited for 18" Chyrno Alhpa, I've never cared for the design. An 18" Typhoon and Striker would be instant buys.

Aren't Typhoons legs are supposed to be like that. I think he's meant to emulate a martial arts type of stance.

Kind of excited they are releasing Striker Eureka, I might be able to get him and scunner looks cool. Not excited for 18" Chyrno Alhpa, I've never cared for the design. An 18" Typhoon and Striker would be instant buys.
I'm pretty sure he's meant to be able to stand up straight, mine can't take his own weight due to the loose knee joints. Although mines always crouched I have seen reviews of Crimson stood tall.

Back