NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1300w-Knifehead-V2_04.jpg

I think this new version will be almost bigger than Leatherback. Not sure if that's screen accurate, but I think that the first edition Knifehead is actually the correct scale.

really? i think the new ver is movie accurate scale. the first one is wayyy to small.
Gipsy Danger vs. Knifehead
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv73Me9hTQs[/ame]

Everyone's just afraid of the pegwarmer. It's a new licence for them, they didn't know how well it would do, so they went the safe route, I guess.

Seems like a similar situation to the say the Post Pandemic Edition of The Last of Us for PS3. This was a new IP, so ND only made like 5K or so and now they sell for $400 online. Meanwhile, the majority of SEs accompanying sequels, ie a built in fanbase, are produced in the hundreds of thousands and end up utterly worthless in the end. I bought Halo Reach with what I think is an amazing statue by McFarlane for $22...I digress.

Anyway, now that NECA know how much demand there is, enough to inflate their own prices on their eBay store even, they are more confident to release more stuff.

They are going to keep doing this. I mean, we're two series' in and all i've seen at the store is some Kaiju. The ONLY time I saw Gipsy at retail after the film was in some guy's hand. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Just drove for 30 minutes to pick up the 18in Gipsy Danger from FYE......the only one they had!! Price was $99.99 + Tax, came to be $105. I used the membership card and payed $95 and change. Can't wait to open this bad boy up:D

Do you have confirmation there will be a second run of 18" Gipsy? Randy replied to my tweet about a week and a half ago saying there would be no reissue for it, but I suppose that could change. If it's happening, I would absolutely be down for one.

Should be around $99.95... If I confirm monday that I could get some, expect the preorder to go up :)

Just drove for 30 minutes to pick up the 18in Gipsy Danger from FYE......the only one they had!! Price was $99.99 + Tax, came to be $105. I used the membership card and payed $95 and change. Can't wait to open this bad boy up:D

Ooooh, I forgot about FYE. There's one not to far from me. Thanks for the tip!

I've called all my comic shops and collectible stores, toy stores, and the only FYE near me. None of them have nor will have any Pacific Rim figures, my FYE doesn't even carry action figures anymore whatsoever. Talk about slim pickings.

I have not heard of any NECA reissue of 18" Gypsy Danger. If they were reissuing it in Feb surely retailers would have been asked for preorders by now.

I hope they do but i would expect a Battle Damaged version like Iron Man.

I have not heard of any NECA reissue of 18" Gypsy Danger. If they were reissuing it in Feb surely retailers would have been asked for preorders by now.

I hope they do but i would expect a Battle Damaged version like Iron Man.

Battle damaged would be interesting. To mix it up, maybe interchangeable plasma-caster hand & those elusive open palms for extras (lets throw in a freighter ship too while we are at it ;)).

I freakin jumped on TRU deal! I'm so glad that they got it before BBTS, I got to save a lil bit plus another figure.

I will be cancelling my long due pre order on BBTS if anyone wants to grab it. :)

Free Shipping from TRU plus $15 off when I buy something else I was going to get anyway? Thank you, YoNoSe and Toys R Us, for canceling the NECApocalypse.

Last edited:
Nice! Grats guys that are getting them at retail! Eat a bag of ***** scalpers. ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back