NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another retail find of the 18" GD at FYE in LI. I called ahead and they held it for me. It was the only one they had. $99, but you get 10% off with their rewards card.

BZi7NpgCEAA8IK1.jpg

Wow! Now I'm not so said I missed the first go round

I could get these if you guys need, but it will only come out in february, neca is making a second run!

lol gotta contact my supplier but yea I can definitely get these.

EDIT: I'm referring to gypsy just in case you guys don't know.

Do you have confirmation there will be a second run of 18" Gipsy? Randy replied to my tweet about a week and a half ago saying there would be no reissue for it, but I suppose that could change. If it's happening, I would absolutely be down for one.

Head's up, the Cherno Alpha single is back up for pre-order at BBTS. :)

And I'm glad that Neca is upping the ante with the new Kaiju figs. Hopefully we'll get deluxe figures of Slattern and Otachi somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
****ing NECA can suck my ***.

Why did they make all the Pacific Rim figures in such low quantity ?

It was rhetorical. They still suck though.

^^^ maybe .......to see how well these first waves sell and then bring out Bigger and better quality versions? Money grabs:)

Everyone's just afraid of the pegwarmer. It's a new licence for them, they didn't know how well it would do, so they went the safe route, I guess.

Seems like a similar situation to the say the Post Pandemic Edition of The Last of Us for PS3. This was a new IP, so ND only made like 5K or so and now they sell for $400 online. Meanwhile, the majority of SEs accompanying sequels, ie a built in fanbase, are produced in the hundreds of thousands and end up utterly worthless in the end. I bought Halo Reach with what I think is an amazing statue by McFarlane for $22...I digress.

Anyway, now that NECA know how much demand there is, enough to inflate their own prices on their eBay store even, they are more confident to release more stuff.

After the 18" Knifehead and the 7" Cherno I'm going to stop collecting these. The pricing hike is enough to turn me off of the line.

Back