NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official first look at the first Category 6 Kaiju...

PB172972_zps739149b4.jpg

:lol

Got my 18" Gipsy Danger.

The articulation keeps this thing back from being great. It needs double elbows and knees, bicep and hip swivel, and better side-to-side range for the ankles. The 'toe' should have been articulated too, not the heel. :lol

Also, the sculpt could have been a lot better for the scale. It's missing details. Still a cool figure though.

I hope Bandai Tamashii gets the license and makes some 'S.H. MonsterArts' type figures. They'd crush NECA with there articulation, sculpt, and accessories.

Got my 18" Gipsy Danger.

The articulation keeps this thing back from being great. It needs double elbows and knees, bicep and hip swivel, and better side-to-side range for the ankles. The 'toe' should have been articulated too, not the heel. :lol

Also, the sculpt could have been a lot better for the scale. It's missing details. Still a cool figure though.

I hope Bandai Tamashii gets the license and makes some 'S.H. MonsterArts' type figures. They'd crush NECA with there articulation, sculpt, and accessories.

What details missing on the sculpt?

Got my 18" Gipsy Danger.

Apples and Oranges…
If Bandai/Tamashii made an 18" Gipsy it would cost easily around $500.00 :lol

I'd love to see them making Super Robot Chogokin or Soul of Chogokin ones, which would be around $60.00-$80.00 each.

Can't compare a $20.00 plastic mass produced figure vs. a $60.00+ one...

What details missing on the sculpt?

There's a ton of detail missing but it's expected on a figure from NECA, it still kicks *** though!! :rock!

They're going to be expensive as hell too...

What details missing on the sculpt.

Too much to list individually. You have to look at the movie model.

At least it's not a blown up version of the 7" figure. That's missing even more detail. Detail that they could have done at that scale. Just look at their Predator figures.

Can't compare a $20.00 plastic mass produced figure vs. a $60.00+ one...

I love the film and just want the Jaegers and Kaiju done justice in action-figure form. Who better than Bandai?

I won't spend money on NECA's 7" line. The sculpts are soft, they lack detail and articulation. The quality control isn't that good (it never is).

The 18" GD is as far as I'm going. I don't have room for Knifehead. :lol

Coming from a guy thats staring at my 3A Zaku, Midas and Ambush just to name a few...
I think Neca deserves insane credit for this piece. The paint aps and sculpt stand tall and proud next to my 3a bots and considering they all cost north of $300 !!!
And Gipsy is under $100 is something to remember. My wife thought a new Ashley Wood robot arrived..it looks that good.
I know when I buy a diecast Japanese gokin ( LIKE MAX FACTORIES BIG O) for $450 bucks its going to be stellar. But what really gets me excited is when a $90 American designed mass produced toy looks this awesome...and for peanuts.
To think that Neca could give me a 18" gipsy, striker and typhoon and all 3 would be less than my Ambush is a real head scratcher....if i had a choice, id trade any 1 3a bot for 3 Jaegers in 18" neca form all day long.

bummer the artic on 18" isnt any better, dunno why but thought for sure it would be. still gettin one via LCS whenever that arrives, dude said closer to xmas?

I know everyone is talking about the 18" Gypsy Danger but I just picked up the BD Gypsy Danger from TRU and it's great. I missed the regular way back when it was released and they only had 1 left of the BD so I had to get it. Great looking figure and not bad for $13.

I own a few of necas 18" figures and I will tell you this is their best yet. While not 100% screen accurate, it is very detailed and the details are very nice. Only draw backs are the chest light is cheap looking and the lack of articulated hands. Oh and the blades...I don't like the fact that they are warpy/wobbly. Great pick up if you're getting it at or close to retail. Pick him up if you can!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Tweeted to NECA, asking about series 3. On top of getting a response that we'll be getting 4 figures in S3 (2 all new Jaegers: Cherno & Coyote, as well as 2 new Kaiju, which aparantly now Trespasser is now not a part of, but rather saved for later (I'm praying for Otachi!)) I also had Guillermo Del Toro favorite my tweet!

NECA also says that Kaiju will now have their own assortment as they will be getting bigger and have more detail and articulation (as well as a little price hike).

https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/tweets

Expect new teaser photos soon!

Last edited:
Amazing news! The popularity of the line, despite all the problems, seems to have helped NECA be more confident to expand it!

I own a crazy number of toys... 3a tons deep, japanese chogokins a plenty... Iron man galore... ill say this.
Gipsy is my favorite by far !!!
To me its toy if the year.
I simply can not believe what he costs, its almost a crime. My tamashii exclusive sh figuarts iron man is barely 5 inches tall and cost MORE than this.
Im tellin you, this is ridiculous for the price, id gladly pay double and still be blown away

If neca does anymore Jaegers in this scale, im going to die....happy that is.

Back